• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your report, it seem getting a good seat is not difficult -- if I make it a priority to leave dinner quickly.

Sitting in front the castle was previously reported, but I forgot to ask:
Is this new? In prior years guests were standing. Are guests sitting for "regular" fireworks, or is this only for MHP?
Not sure as I never got close enough to the castle to watch the regular fireworks. If there are seats set up in front of the castle, I believe everyone in front would have to sit. There were cast members getting people to sit down.

Great review Cassie. You said when the Villains switch out at 630. Can you please tell if the male of female villains where out at first? And more specific could you see if Hades was among the men?

Thank you so much!

Females started then the males, except Hades didn't come out right away...QoH held his spot until he joined later, but in theory it should be Queen, Cruella, Maleficent followed by Radcliffe, Jafar, and Hades

Here is what I did - as soon as they said to exit, I was up and gone to the exit to grab the lithograph and where the castmember is holding the lantern - no lagging behind. I was lucky as I was close to the exit to begin with (second table in) so it made it easy. I was close enough for the fireworks viewing that I could have gotten a front row but I wasn't sure if people would be standing in front (they were not), so I stayed a few rows behind. Still I was in front of the statue had a great view. I did notice the chairs in the back and I was surprised people were sitting there as there was room in the front.

This was exactly my experience as well, second table from the door (you don't get to pick your seats though) and I left right away while my friends gathered their stuff. They ended up about 3rd row while I stayed at the back of the front section since I had my tripod.

Thanks for your report, it seem getting a good seat is not difficult -- if I make it a priority to leave dinner quickly.

Sitting in front the castle was previously reported, but I forgot to ask:
Is this new? In prior years guests were standing. Are guests sitting for "regular" fireworks, or is this only for MHP?

Guests directly in front of the reserved area are supposed to be seated but last night a few stood up (then people behind them yell for them to sit down, further disrupting the show) and I've heard reports of this happening at at least one previous party. I think the problem is normally the street stands so people are used to standing at that point and CMs are not informing them of the seating requirement before.

Cassie, do you know If Facilier was signing also? I'm taking my bother as a surprise since Dr. Facilier is his favorite and I'd love to take a frame mat for him to sign. Thanks.

Yes! He signed for me!

Not sure as I never got close enough to the castle to watch the regular fireworks. If there are seats set up in front of the castle, I believe everyone in front would have to sit. There were cast members getting people to sit down.

Usually for Forever (regular FW) the sidewalk is seated (about 3-4 rows of people) but the actual street is standing. On less busy days they don't make the street stand but you absolutely can stand in the street (I've staked out a spot in the first row of the street with my tripod, which I had set up the entire time so people who came behind would know it would be there and I'd be standing, double checked that it would be okay to be standing there multiple times with CMs but when I didn't sit down after the parade passed people yelled, then had their kids yell. But yeah, double check with CMs, but normal FW street standing, Halloween should be sitting in the center

Cassie, do you know If Facilier was signing also? I'm taking my bother as a surprise since Dr. Facilier is his favorite and I'd love to take a frame mat for him to sign. Thanks.

That is such a great idea! Do you know what size the lithograph is for the frame mat?

What time do the lines start for the villains? Is it common for Maleficent and Hades to be late or was that just an off night? They are the two villains that my kids have singled out-of course!
When does the Donald and Daisy line back in Toontown change out to Mickey Zorro and Minnie Candy Corn-right at the party start time or before?
I am trying to decide if we should start in Toontown at the pre party and get Mickey and Minnie before we head to the villains line.
Is the party the only spot to find Hades and Maleficent?
I was looking at the daily schedule and Soundsational is scheduled for 3 pm the day of our 6 pm party night. Will we still be able to enter at 3? That sounds chaotic to me to have party guests entering right as the parade is beginning on Main Street!!

That is such a great idea! Do you know what size the lithograph is for the frame mat?

It actually comes matted, like a print you can by of the artwork throughout the parks, as is the same size....I just don't have a ruler to measure

Has anyone done the Happy Haunts tour and the MSBB dinner on the same night? When I speak to the Disney reps on the phone they reassure me I can do both, but I'm afraid of cutting it close...Also there is the matter of the registration at the BB between 4-7. One Disney rep recommended I speak to the BB staff before the tour, and letting my tour guide know of my schedule to see if they can offer any advice.

Has anyone done the Happy Haunts tour and the MSBB dinner on the same night? When I speak to the Disney reps on the phone they reassure me I can do both, but I'm afraid of cutting it close...Also there is the matter of the registration at the BB between 4-7. One Disney rep recommended I speak to the BB staff before the tour, and letting my tour guide know of my schedule to see if they can offer any advice.

There were at least two tables that had the pins from the tour and where there at the start so it appears as if I can be done. I'm not sure what time their tour was or any details but it has been done

Forgive me if this has been answered, but are there any other activities besides MHP on Halloween? We arrive that day and I didn't go ahead and by party tickets. Anything happening at Downtown Disney or the hotels?

Forgive me if this has been answered, but are there any other activities besides MHP on Halloween? We arrive that day and I didn't go ahead and by party tickets. Anything happening at Downtown Disney or the hotels?

So far, there is nothing that we know of -- if there is anything happening in Downtown Disney, it has not been publicized yet (I will add it to the 2nd post on page 1 of this thread if I hear of anything). The 3 hotels hand out candy on Halloween, but I think it is just for onsite hotel guests -- though I could be wrong about that.

So I'm flying down to Disneyland tomorrow and going to the Halloween party. Of course I've procrastinated till the last minute and have no costume. Thoughts on this as a simple Pooh option?

Does anyone know if these ears are still for sale in DTD? I will be ther next weekend!

I believe they are still available. I just got them over the summer.

I like the outfit, David! It's simple, a bit understated -- an homage to Pooh, but not necessarily a really 'over the top' Pooh outfit! It's a bit Disney Bounding-esque.

All dates are sold out over the phone.:sad::faint: I did get a CM to call again tomorrow morning and they might get have more tickets for sale. He also told me that I could not get the tickets at the box office the day of the party. I think he miss understood me. I will try again in the morning but, if there not any more tickets I will go to the box office the day of the 19th or the 22nd. What time dose the box office open?

Hi Cassie :) My 10 year old daughter has just come to me with her "plan" for the MHP on the 31st. I've no idea where she gets that from...I'd upload a photo of it if I knew how. It is sooooooooooooooo cute!

Anyway, her questions were (and I'm hoping you can answer please) where and what time will she find Queen of Hearts (her little sister is dressing as same), what time does she need to be at the castle to get a good spot for the fireworks and how long in the crowd will it take her to get from the fireworks to see the Cadaver Dans at River of America (would she make the 10pm show?)

Thanks in advance!

We had a nice time at MHP last night and was our first time going. Since 2 of my DDS got sick on this trip :( we did not go until 5:15 pm.

We had ok seats at bakery cafe that we just stayed there to watch the fireworks.

So sorry to hear your little ones were sick on holiday. I hope they bounced back quickly and didn't miss too much of the holiday fun!

Were you at the Jolly Holiday Bakery watching the fireworks on an outside table? How was the view from there? I'm not sure if our girls will make the 7-12pm MHP but stopping to sit and eat while watching the fireworks might help get them there!

Any advice to make it easier/more enjoyable would be appreciated. :)

I'm already worried the crowds are going to overwhelm us. If the DL regulars are finding it crazy busy, what will we think from Australia where we no not of queues in our little ole city they compare to a country town :rolleyes1

Last edited by a moderator:
There were at least two tables that had the pins from the tour and where there at the start so it appears as if I can be done. I'm not sure what time their tour was or any details but it has been done

Thank you Cassie, I appreciate the response. My party day will be very busy, but I am very excited.

I saw a blog post on Facebook the other day about a Mahaloween Party happening at Trader Sams in the Disneyland hotel.
Here is a link to the page: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/trader-sams-mahaloween/

This is the only event I have heard about other than the party.
Six days til we leave to head to Disney, with our party tickets on Friday night. We have been going for several years, since they started in California adventure. Excited to also see the new Paint the Night parade and World of Color show on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter