• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Hi Sherry! There is an outside chance I might be in town on October 10th, a Saturday. It's not a Halloween party night but there is only one paint the night parade and its at 10:45pm. Why is there no 8:50pm parade? Is there something going on I don't know about?

Hi, Mike! :wave:

Nothing that I am aware of. It's possible that the DLR schedule has not been fully updated yet (there has been all kinds of chaos with their system and calendar this year) and maybe an earlier presentation of PTN will be added in. Or maybe that's just their Fall schedule, with only one showing (although... why wouldn't it be earlier?). Maybe the twice nightly parade was just for summer?

My sister and I will be spending a few days at Disneyland and would like to attend the Halloween party in Sept 25 but it is sold out . Is there anywhere to get two tickets or does anyone have two that they'd like to sell??

Hi, Mike! :wave:

Nothing that I am aware of. It's possible that the DLR schedule has not been fully updated yet (there has been all kinds of chaos with their system and calendar this year) and maybe an earlier presentation of PTN will be added in. Or maybe that's just their Fall schedule, with only one showing (although... why wouldn't it be earlier?). Maybe the twice nightly parade was just for summer?

Thanks Sherry E for the quick reply. I looked at the Saturday before and saw an earlier parade so I thought it was a little weird. It's a 50/50 shot whether I would get to visit on that day at this point and the earlier parade isn't a deal breaker. The only real reason other than it's DISNEYLAND is that my wife and I could swing dance again.

I just went out in my back yard to water the lawn and I can't believe that the is setting that early. This makes me happy. I know fall is not that far away. Next thing you know the first MHP will be apon us:cool1::dancer::jumping1: I also noticed that the humidity is going down. I work outside with kids at lunch resses. I can't believe that kids want to play in that heat. I have been getting sick because of everything.

My sister and I will be spending a few days at Disneyland and would like to attend the Halloween party in Sept 25 but it is sold out . Is there anywhere to get two tickets or does anyone have two that they'd like to sell??

No selling or buying of anything on this board! The tickets are technically not supposed to be resold either, so we generally don't encourage too much discussion about it.

The best thing you can do is to get to the ticket booths early that morning (the 25th) and see if they have any "Day of Event" tickets. Often times they do, but you have got to get there early.

This is a pricey option -- there was an announcement online last week for cast members that said guests can purchase tickets on sold-out days if they purchase the Blue Bayou package. But I'm not sure if anything has changed since then so if you're considering it, definitely call Disney before you buy anything.

On the site MouseWait, someone posted a great nighttime photo of the Ray Bradbury Halloween tree, taken tonight. It's a wonderful vantage point. They are standing underneath the tree and shooting up, and you can see the last bits of royal blue sky beyond the orange-ish red lights of the tree and the leaves. It's very dramatic!

Someone also posted a photo of the awesome NEW Dia de los Muertos Mickey apple (there is a Dia de los Muertos rice crispy treat as well, apparently).

Last edited:

If you will be staying at one of the on site hotels, you may be able to get tickets to the party at the hotel desk. In the past, there have been a limited number of tickets for a MHP available at the desk the morning of each party. Or, as Sherry suggested, you can try at the ticket booths first thing on the morning of the 25th.

In my opinion, the top may be on the border of "not especially family friendly." You might consider wearing a black tank under the top and leggings or tights under the skirt. I think that would be really cute and still allow you to be worry free about getting on and off rides, etc.

Yeah I am definitely going to wear a tank underneath the top, to make it more comfortable and a bit more modest. I dont want to look like a hoochie mama at Disneyland! lol

Looking at the Disneyland app, they list Jafar and Queen of Hearts as being out today (along with Cruella and Evil Queen). Also lists Jack & Sally!

Curious to hear if Mickey, Minnie, etc are going to be out in costume during the mornings like someone mentioned.

Jack and Sally definitely makes sense for today since the HM re-opens with the NBC overlay. I will be in the parks Mon & Tues - hope to see Jack & Sally while I am there :-D

No selling or buying of anything on this board! The tickets are technically not supposed to be resold either, so we generally don't encourage too much discussion about it.

The best thing you can do is to get to the ticket booths early that morning (the 25th) and see if they have any "Day of Event" tickets. Often times they do, but you have got to get there early.

I didn't know that resale was not allowed. I thought the party tickets were transferable. I transferred a runDisney after party ticket to another runner's family last year (I bought one too many - duh) and it worked without issue so maybe I just assumed the party tickets had the same capability. Sorry!!

Thanks for the pointer on checking the morning of! We will definitely doing this!

This is a pricey option -- there was an announcement online last week for cast members that said guests can purchase tickets on sold-out days if they purchase the Blue Bayou package. But I'm not sure if anything has changed since then so if you're considering it, definitely call Disney before you buy anything.

Everything I see on this says you have to have a ticket to the party to make the reservation. I will call after work and see what they say. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the carnival is back! I just was on Mice Chat & read this: http://micechat.com/110703-disneyland-welcomes-halloween-time/

(Sherry please fix this if I didn't link correctly...I'm on my phone & I'm not sure if I did it correctly! Thx! :) )

OMG!!! YESSSSS!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Have there been some pics posted yet? Of the Main Street decorations? I dont want to have to rely on my Disneyland Periscope to see...

The carnival!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Though it also mentions that you can conjure a villain (aka the Conjure a Villain tent), but I thought we got official notice that Conjure a Villain would not be happening this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter