HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very interesting if the Halloween party moves to DCA next year with the 60th anniversary coming up.

I was thinking about the very end of Sept. or the week before Halloween might be a good time too. Since we hit the Christmas season this year I thought we'd switch to Halloween next year. I'll have to decide pretty soon if I want to get my room (DVC).

I would not go around the first weekend of October since it is during Gay Days. I have been there that weekend and it did felt busy. The weeks that you are considering are not that bad Angela since they are not close to the first parties or the last ones.

It will be very interesting if the Halloween party moves to DCA next year with the 60th anniversary coming up.

I would not go around the first weekend of October since it is during Gay Days. I have been there that weekend and it did felt busy. The weeks that you are considering are not that bad Angela since they are not close to the first parties or the last ones.

Maybe 9/27 - 10/1 or 10/18 - 10/22 hmm I'll mull it over for a while.

So sorry for the delay in photos. I have decided to post all of my photos in my Facebook account. I'm having problems with Photbucket. They want me to pay for more space.
https://www.facebook.com/cristine.a...38521060586.1073741828.100002533279827&type=3
these are from Halloween night. Went as a cross between my kitten Binx and my character Autumn Mist. I was the one with the black and white face. I painted both unitards. I made my own costume.

So sorry for the delay in photos. I have decided to post all of my photos in my Facebook account. I'm having problems with Photbucket. They want me to pay for more space.
https://www.facebook.com/cristine.a...38521060586.1073741828.100002533279827&type=3
these are from Halloween night. Went as a cross between my kitten Binx and my character Autumn Mist. I was the one with the black and white face. I painted both unitards. I made my own costume.

Well, happy New Year, Kilala! :wave:

I hope you had a good holiday season.

I have two Photobucket accounts (one per email address), and they started out as free but I ended up paying for one of them because I needed the extra storage space. I take too many photos and I didn't want to end up with 5 different accounts, so I figured it was worth it to pay for one that I can keep adding to. I still have the other free one, though, but I don't think I can add much to it because it is probably near the limit.

Photobucket fixed it a while back so that all the photos we load to our accounts will upload at their full, original sizes whether we want them to or not (but they will "display" at the sizes we choose) -- whereas, in the past, we could choose the size of the photo for uploading and it would actually upload at the size we chose. So, the larger the photos we upload now, the more space they take up in our accounts, forcing more people to pay for accounts.

Anyway, thank you for linking us to your Facebook account! Your photos are always so much fun!

What are your thoughts on the rumors (only rumors -- nothing confirmed or official) about this year's Halloween parties?

The rumors are:

• Mickey's Halloween Party could possibly move back to California Adventure (which would probably involve the removal of Halloween Screams and would have to include something new like a Halloween World of Color, or a Halloween overlay of a ride -- but it would make sense if Disneyland wanted to focus all of its attention on a new nighttime fireworks show and parade specifically for the 60th anniversary);
  • Mickey's Halloween Party could begin 2 weeks earlier than usual -- like when Halloween Time starts in mid-September -- and there could be many more nights added to its schedule; and
  • Supposedly, the Cast Members who received training for the 2014 MHP were told that there are "big changes coming" to Mickey's Halloween Party in 2015.

Are you hoping that the rumors are true, and that the MHP moves back to DCA?

Are you hoping that the MHP will begin 2 weeks earlier than normal, like when Halloween Time begins?

Are you hoping that there will be a lot more nights added into the MHP schedule? For example, let's say that Disney decided to go with 20 nights for the MHP -- is that too many nights, or not enough nights?

Would Disney be bold enough to move the MHP to DCA and add in a bunch of nights in the same year -- even without Halloween Screams as the "star of the show"? If they created all new entertainment to be the focus of a party in DCA, and Halloween Screams was nowhere to be found, would they actually add in a lot of nights or just stick to 14 (or 15, because it will be 2015)?

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Well, happy New Year, Kilala! :wave:

I hope you had a good holiday season.

I did:banana: I hope you did too. Happy New years to you Sherry.

I have two Photobucket accounts (one per email address), and they started out as free but I ended up paying for one of them because I needed the extra storage space. I take too many photos and I didn't want to end up with 5 different accounts, so I figured it was worth it to pay for one that I can keep adding to. I still have the other free one, though, but I don't think I can add much to it because it is probably near the limit.

Photobucket fixed it a while back so that all the photos we load to our accounts will upload at their full, original sizes whether we want them to or not (but they will "display" at the sizes we choose) -- whereas, in the past, we could choose the size of the photo for uploading and it would actually upload at the size we chose. So, the larger the photos we upload now, the more space they take up in our accounts, forcing more people to pay for accounts.

Anyway, thank you for linking us to your Facebook account! Your photos are always so much fun!

What are your thoughts on the rumors (only rumors -- nothing confirmed or official) about this year's Halloween parties?

The rumors are:

• Mickey's Halloween Party could possibly move back to California Adventure (which would probably involve the removal of Halloween Screams and would have to include something new like a Halloween World of Color, or a Halloween overlay of a ride -- but it would make sense if Disneyland wanted to focus all of its attention on a new nighttime fireworks show and parade specifically for the 60th anniversary);
  • Mickey's Halloween Party could begin 2 weeks earlier than usual -- like when Halloween Time starts in mid-September -- and there could be many more nights added to its schedule; and
  • Supposedly, the Cast Members who received training for the 2014 MHP were told that there are "big changes coming" to Mickey's Halloween Party in 2015.

Are you hoping that the rumors are true, and that the MHP moves back to DCA?

Are you hoping that the MHP will begin 2 weeks earlier than normal, like when Halloween Time begins?

They should start MHP earlyer. It would be nice to see DCA for MHP. I would love to see decorations there.

Are you hoping that there will be a lot more nights added into the MHP schedule? For example, let's say that Disney decided to go with 20 nights for the MHP -- is that too many nights, or not enough nights?

They need way more nights.

Would Disney be bold enough to move the MHP to DCA and add in a bunch of nights in the same year -- even without Halloween Screams as the "star of the show"? If they created all new entertainment to be the focus of a party in DCA, and Halloween Screams was nowhere to be found, would they actually add in a lot of nights or just stick to 14 (or 15, because it will be 2015)?

They need to do add more then one day a year. I have noticed that the price of the ticket to MHP has gone up every year since they moved MHP to Disneyland.

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Also I just got another mannaquin that is full body I got it a store that is closing for only $10. That is a big steal for me. I'm already starting my costumes for this year. I will be starting on leg and arm warmers hopefully tomorrow. Here is a list of the costumes I will be working on this year. I reddish brown colored coyote, my 7 month old kitten Binx, Demeter from the musical cats, a blue and purple tortishell cat, liver spotted Dal/cat mix, a costume based on the cat Tantomile from the musical Cats in the color of light pink, light blue and light green.

Just have to say I am sooooo freaking excited for next October! We will be there for 4 nights, 5 days... And seeing all the new stuff they are doing... All the rides in refurb now, getting ready for the 60th... For once my planning looks amazing... It will all be done and in full Halloween swing (yes the parks will be busy)... But I am soooo :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

Hi all and Happy Post-Holidays! I can't believe the holidays are over (well, they are at least for me because it's been back to work this week), but at least it means it's time to start thinking about Halloween :-)rotfl:).

I'm of two minds about the various rumors for the 2015 HalloweenTime and MHP changes, but I'm leaning more towards starting the parties earlier and/or adding more parties into the schedule over moving MHP to DCA.

I think the 60th anniversary works both for and against the rumors of moving the party to DCA. I agree that DL would probably want to present the 60th anniversary parade and fireworks as much as possible and on MHP nights that would not happen. So that's a reason to move the party, but at that point, they only do fireworks on weekends anyway (Fri, Sat, Sun), so they might be willing to forgo one night to do MHP. It gets dark fairly early, so they might be able to run the nighttime parade just before closing...so it might be possible to present that on MHP nights.

As mentioned, if the parties move to DCA, they would have to (I hope) increase the Halloween decorations in DCA and do something to replace Halloween Screams fireworks. Developing new decorations and a new nighttime show (even if it is just a Halloween version of WoC) requires funds and time. So, my inclination is to say that DLR has put a fair amount of budget into the 60th, so I'm not sure I can see them spending more money this year to modify MHP. They might be able to dust off some decorations from storage and/or modify the existing DL decor, but that still takes funds. They would also have to develop a Halloween version of WoC (or some nighttime show, I would think), which takes fund (they've shown they can do it quickly with the addition of Frozen to WoC). Still, I'm just not sure how much money and staff time they'll willing to put into this with all of the focus on DL's 60th.

On the flip, I can see where Halloween Screams might actual be a solid reason to move the parties to DCA and substitute a WoC based show instead. Screams is billed as one of the major events of MHP, but given the uncertainty about whether fireworks will go off on any given night, I could see them wanting to have something less iffy as a major selling point. WoC is almost always presented as planned, whereas fireworks seem pretty iffy in the fall. I've always guessed that one of the major complaints they get at Guest Service is if fireworks are cancelled and at MHP, I would bet the complaints get even worse. So in this way, I could see them moving to DCA.

I know that they're available all day long, but moving the parties to DCA also means no HMH or SMGG during the party. They are listed as activities, selling points for the parties, so that's another thing that they couldn't mention if the party is at DCA. While probably not a lot of people used the MHP as they only entry into DL during HalloweenTime, it's still something to consider.

So, all things considered, I just can't quite see them allocating the budget this year to move MHP to DCA. I could see it happening in the future, but not quite yet in 2015.

Our first ever Halloween party was in DCA when dd was 3. DCA needed the party then because it was so dead over there (pre-refurbs). We still had a lot of fun...

I could picture cars land looking really cool for Halloween, and a fun themed party in the mad-t party area, plus woc... We love DCA so much now, I really don't care where the party is held... As long as they do one while we are there lol

Welcome to anyone who is just now tuning in to this thread for the first time (lurking or debating on whether or not to say hello), as you begin to plan your trips for Halloween Time 2015! :welcome:

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Although this thread was started last year (in May), don't let that confuse you. I don't start a new thread with each new year -- I only start a new Superthread when we are at or near the page limit (250).

2. Any new information that comes in for 2015's Halloween season will be added to the applicable posts on page 1 of this thread -- but in some cases there may not be any new info for a long, long time, if at all, so the info you see there will be whatever is/was the most recent. Don't be thrown off by any references to 2014 that you see in the posts on page 1 -- it just means that I have to go through and change all of them (which I have to do with my Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread too). I will be updating page 1 to change the dates to reflect this year, but there is still a lot of general info in the posts on page 1 that you can reference or use for research any time of the year, in any year.

Feel free to jump in and ask questions or chat about Halloween Time at any time.

3. We probably won't begin to get in any actual, official Halloween Time/Mickey's Halloween Party info until at least May (and that's a stretch), and more than likely June or July. However, rumors will probably trickle out before then, and we welcome all of those too! Any time there is any sort of rumor or bit of news, we will discuss it here.

Supposedly there are "big changes" coming to Mickey's Halloween Party this year, so we will await news of what those changes actually entail!

:dance3::dance3:

Hi all and Happy Post-Holidays! I can't believe the holidays are over (well, they are at least for me because it's been back to work this week), but at least it means it's time to start thinking about Halloween :-)rotfl:).

I'm of two minds about the various rumors for the 2015 HalloweenTime and MHP changes, but I'm leaning more towards starting the parties earlier and/or adding more parties into the schedule over moving MHP to DCA.

I think the 60th anniversary works both for and against the rumors of moving the party to DCA. I agree that DL would probably want to present the 60th anniversary parade and fireworks as much as possible and on MHP nights that would not happen. So that's a reason to move the party, but at that point, they only do fireworks on weekends anyway (Fri, Sat, Sun), so they might be willing to forgo one night to do MHP. It gets dark fairly early, so they might be able to run the nighttime parade just before closing...so it might be possible to present that on MHP nights.

As mentioned, if the parties move to DCA, they would have to (I hope) increase the Halloween decorations in DCA and do something to replace Halloween Screams fireworks. Developing new decorations and a new nighttime show (even if it is just a Halloween version of WoC) requires funds and time. So, my inclination is to say that DLR has put a fair amount of budget into the 60th, so I'm not sure I can see them spending more money this year to modify MHP. They might be able to dust off some decorations from storage and/or modify the existing DL decor, but that still takes funds. They would also have to develop a Halloween version of WoC (or some nighttime show, I would think), which takes fund (they've shown they can do it quickly with the addition of Frozen to WoC). Still, I'm just not sure how much money and staff time they'll willing to put into this with all of the focus on DL's 60th.

On the flip, I can see where Halloween Screams might actual be a solid reason to move the parties to DCA and substitute a WoC based show instead. Screams is billed as one of the major events of MHP, but given the uncertainty about whether fireworks will go off on any given night, I could see them wanting to have something less iffy as a major selling point. WoC is almost always presented as planned, whereas fireworks seem pretty iffy in the fall. I've always guessed that one of the major complaints they get at Guest Service is if fireworks are cancelled and at MHP, I would bet the complaints get even worse. So in this way, I could see them moving to DCA.

I know that they're available all day long, but moving the parties to DCA also means no HMH or SMGG during the party. They are listed as activities, selling points for the parties, so that's another thing that they couldn't mention if the party is at DCA. While probably not a lot of people used the MHP as they only entry into DL during HalloweenTime, it's still something to consider.

So, all things considered, I just can't quite see them allocating the budget this year to move MHP to DCA. I could see it happening in the future, but not quite yet in 2015.

It will be interesting to see it all unfold in the next several months. Lots of mysteries will be unraveled and secrets will be revealed! The last time the Halloween party switched parks (in 2010), there was a blog about it in May, so IF there were to be a temporary relocation of the party this year they would probably let us know a bit earlier than the usual MHP ticket/dates announcement.

Our first ever Halloween party was in DCA when dd was 3. DCA needed the party then because it was so dead over there (pre-refurbs). We still had a lot of fun...

I could picture cars land looking really cool for Halloween, and a fun themed party in the mad-t party area, plus woc... We love DCA so much now, I really don't care where the party is held... As long as they do one while we are there lol

:rotfl2: I think you'll be in luck and get at least one party during your trip!

My first Halloween party was in DCA too. It was fun, and I was still able to enjoy Haunted Mansion Holiday in the other park. The party lasted in DCA for 5 years (2005-2009), and began during the year of the 50th anniversary (after being gone for almost a decade). Halloween Screams debuted over in DL during 2009 and ran every single night, all season long, for everyone to enjoy. Then the party moved to DL for 5 years (2010-2014), and Halloween Screams became an exclusive.

I always wondered if the party would have remained in DCA had the billion dollar makeover of DCA not kicked into high gear in 2010. I think it only moved over to DL because there was going to be a lot of construction going on in DCA, which wasn't conducive to having a nice Halloween party full of atmosphere.

Who knows? The year of the 60th anniversary might be a good year to shake things up with the MHP again -- you know, mix it up every 5 years!!

Not only did DCA need the Halloween party pre-2010, but it was also much less disruptive in the scheme of things to hold the party in DCA than to hold it in DL. It didn't make as much of a difference to close DCA early for a party, whereas it was a bigger deal to close DL early.

Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, A Bug's Land and whatever becomes of this new extension of Grizzly Peak (the area that used to be Condor Flats) would all be excellent spots for Halloween overlays and treat trails. Tons of potential in those lands. Much more could be done in Hollywood Land too. The party might be missing Halloween Screams and the Cavalcade for one year, but I think it would survive.

I just found this thread as I finally got our dates narrowed down.

We'll be arriving in LA 10/7, departing 10/11. I was planning on the 8th, 9th & 10th being park days (2 day hopper + MHP) so I'm crossing my fingers there is a party that Friday, the 9th, even if it's in DCA!

This will be my first trip staying off-property. We stayed Grand Cali for my first and Paradise Pier Concierge for the second so this will definitely be different!

Eager for more information to be released for sure. I'm hoping my dates work out!

I just found this thread as I finally got our dates narrowed down.

We'll be arriving in LA 10/7, departing 10/11. I was planning on the 8th, 9th & 10th being park days (2 day hopper + MHP) so I'm crossing my fingers there is a party that Friday, the 9th, even if it's in DCA!

This will be my first trip staying off-property. We stayed Grand Cali for my first and Paradise Pier Concierge for the second so this will definitely be different!

Eager for more information to be released for sure. I'm hoping my dates work out!

Welcome, Betsy82!:cool1:

Thank you for joining us! I think that -- no matter where the Halloween party is held -- there will be a Halloween party on either the 8th, 9th or 10th, with the 9th being the most likely day, of course.

This year will be a rare year in which there is at least one Saturday night party -- and that one will be on Halloween night. If the party were to move back to DCA this year, I wouldn't be shocked if Disney added in another Saturday night party or two somewhere in the schedule. There may end up being more than one Saturday party if it is not held in Disneyland.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long for info -- especially when Disney probably knows the basic schedule for the year right now -- but unless something major is changing in terms of the party, we might not hear anything until June or July. If any major developments are coming, there could be an earlier announcement.

Are you staying at one of the Good Neighbor hotels/motels this time around (Candy Cane Inn, Desert Inn & Suites, Best Western, HoJo's, etc.)?

The GCH and the PPH are both great places to stay, for different reasons, so it will be quite a change staying offsite. A lot of people swear by staying off-property and would never consider staying onsite. Others are strictly onsite guests. Some may try staying onsite one time and then go back to off-property -- or stay off-property once and then go back to onsite!:rotfl2: As you said, it will definitely be different!

We've stayed at all 3 on-site hotels, and love them all for different reasons. It has been awhile since we stayed at DLH, which was my least favorite because it seemed soooo far to walk thru DTD 4 times a day (back when DD napped.) I have us booked in a DLH pool view, but now DH says he may not come (girl's trip! :cool1:)... that will save me some $$$ (in airline tix, park tix and mostly food!) We will probably just stay at DLH, possibly enjoy the new pool and the new food options... but it is making me consider GCH again. *sigh* such problems to have :rolleyes2

Paradise Pier was great last fall, my kids were (just turned 3) & 4 so the walk was perfect. They loved the theming! We went when Christmas decorations were up so it was a great trip all around.

They'll be 5 & 6 this fall. I booked the HoJo, I think they'll have a lot of fun with the pool.

I wish it didn't take so long for Disneyland to release information! We are leaving the country on the 11th for two weeks so I'm "stuck" with 7-11th now that those flights have been booked. I couldn't be in LA and not visit Disneyland! It started with 1 day and then I kept adding and adding and staying at the HoJo vs on-site let me add some more!

Joining this thread! Can't wait to hear more about the Halloween happenings the closer we get; we will be at the parks October 1-3.

Jumping in :) Thank you for all the detailed info on the first page!

My friend and I will be flying in from Australia Friday 16 October, probably around 7am. Between then and the end of Thursday 22 October we want to squeeze in a few Disneyland days, a MHP, a day at Universal, a night at HHN and a night at Knott's Scary Farm. Not expecting too much, huh?!

I know this is a little off topic, but hopefully there are some experts here that can help!

This is our penciled in plan so far:

Friday 16 October - fly into LAX, Knott's Scary Farm
Saturday 17 October - Disneyland
Sunday 18 October - Disneyland
Monday 19 October - Disneyland
Tuesday 20 October - Universal Studios
Wednesday 21 October - HHN
Thursday 22 October - fly out of LAX

So, from what I've read on the first page, the likely day of a MHP while we're in the area of Disneyland would be Monday? Or Friday if we switch Knott's out, but I'm not sure what night we could switch that to - does anyone know what nights this is held?

We are planning to visit in October and want to go to DLR for my husband's birthday on the 13th, which is a Tuesday. Do you think it will be super crowded because of the holiday on the 12th? Will all the Halloween decorations/activities be in place at that time? We've never been there in October.

We are planning to visit in October and want to go to DLR for my husband's birthday on the 13th, which is a Tuesday. Do you think it will be super crowded because of the holiday on the 12th? Will all the Halloween decorations/activities be in place at that time? We've never been there in October.

Columbus Day weekend and the days right before and after are super busy, but any day at Disneyland is better than a day at home :)

Jumping in :) Thank you for all the detailed info on the first page!

My friend and I will be flying in from Australia Friday 16 October, probably around 7am. Between then and the end of Thursday 22 October we want to squeeze in a few Disneyland days, a MHP, a day at Universal, a night at HHN and a night at Knott's Scary Farm. Not expecting too much, huh?!

I know this is a little off topic, but hopefully there are some experts here that can help!

This is our penciled in plan so far:

Friday 16 October - fly into LAX, Knott's Scary Farm
Saturday 17 October - Disneyland
Sunday 18 October - Disneyland
Monday 19 October - Disneyland
Tuesday 20 October - Universal Studios
Wednesday 21 October - HHN
Thursday 22 October - fly out of LAX

So, from what I've read on the first page, the likely day of a MHP while we're in the area of Disneyland would be Monday? Or Friday if we switch Knott's out, but I'm not sure what night we could switch that to - does anyone know what nights this is held?

We're flying TO Australia when we leave Disneyland the 11th!

Have a great trip!!

We're flying TO Australia when we leave Disneyland the 11th!

Have a great trip!!

Oh, nice one! Not sure if you've been over to the Australia area of the board (I haven't been around for a while), but if you need any advice, there's lots of helpful people there (or you can just ask me :)).

We did Halloween time 2 years ago but last year tried out Christmas time. Im obsessed with everything Christmas! I have to say that we just prefer Halloween time in the parks. We love everything about it so we are planning a trip this year the last week of October! So very excited to take my kids back for this. We plan to Trick or Treat on Halloween in the park.

Yes. Halloween time is much busier now and if you go on a holiday or weekend you are going to hit some very heavy crowds.

Maybe 9/27 - 10/1 or 10/18 - 10/22 hmm I'll mull it over for a while.

10/18 to 10/22 is perfect time! We hit the parks that time and we experienced such low crowd levels! You skip all the days that schools are out of session too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter