• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell if that Candy Corn Caramel Apple looks delicious or frightening...

:rotfl2:I agree, Jennafoo! I kind of thought the same thing!:rotfl2: It is either a fantastic idea or a diabolical experiment in terror (and tooth decay).

Oh...the Haunted Mansion clock rice crispie treat looks interesting!

It does! At least it's a new design! I was kind of hoping that the Parks Blog peeps would have shown photos of the pumpkin marshmallow wand and the bat cake pop, but they didn't.

I also hoped they would have shown a photo of the new Pumpkin Twist from Maurice's, etc., but they didn't even mention it let alone show a photo.

Has any one spotted the new demitasse cups yet? :)

Ozland --

I listened to the DIS Unplugged podcast about Halloween Time -- solely to hear what Nancy Johnson said about the demitasse, as I know she loves them! She said she did not see the demitasse anywhere (so far). It is a very popular item for Halloween Time and for the holidays, so it may pop up before the season is over, or it may pop up in a place that Nancy didn't look. For the moment, however, it appears to not be there, or she didn't find it anywhere.

It does! At least it's a new design! I was kind of hoping that the Parks Blog peeps would have shown photos of the pumpkin marshmallow wand and the bat cake pop, but they didn't.

I also hoped they would have shown a photo of the new Pumpkin Twist from Maurice's, etc., but they didn't even mention it let alone show a photo.
I'll put those on my running list of things to look for (and take a photo of) when I'm down in DLR for HalloweenTime! :) There are so many yummy things to look for (and try)! :rotfl:

I saw mention of a Monster Mac and Cheese Pizza at Pizza Port on the post about food. But it didn't mention a year (and I'm guessing that was last year since Monster's U was still relevant). Any sitings of it this year? That is something my 11 yo DS would LOVE.

I saw mention of a Monster Mac and Cheese Pizza at Pizza Port on the post about food. But it didn't mention a year (and I'm guessing that was last year since Monster's U was still relevant). Any sitings of it this year? That is something my 11 yo DS would LOVE.

The food offerings don't appear to be too different this year -- nothing all that new, so far, but a lot of the same!

The Mac & Cheese Pizza was initially introduced last year, but I wouldn't be shocked if it is still there this year. The Monsters U burger is back (last year it was an MHP exclusive, but I think it is part of the regular Halloween Time menu this year).

Hopefully we will find out more as more folks return from their Halloween trips. Honestly, I think the scorching weather over the last week has thrown a lot of people off and many of them probably did not fully investigate the food at DLR to uncover what is there!

ETA: I just checked another source -- the mac & cheese pizza is back this year!

:dancer::dancer:

The food offerings don't appear to be too different this year -- nothing all that new, so far, but a lot of the same!

The Mac & Cheese Pizza was initially introduced last year, but I wouldn't be shocked if it is still there this year. The Monsters U burger is back (last year it was an MHP exclusive, but I think it is part of the regular Halloween Time menu this year).

Hopefully we will find out more as more folks return from their Halloween trips. Honestly, I think the scorching weather over the last week has thrown a lot of people off and many of them probably did not fully investigate the food at DLR to uncover what is there!

ETA: I just checked another source -- the mac & cheese pizza is back this year!

:cool1::cool1: My son will be thrilled! Thanks Sherry!

As you head to Disneyland Resort to enjoy the Halloween happenings, don't forget to stop in at Cinnabon and grab a Pumpkin Caramel Classic Roll and a Pumpkin Pie Chillatta.

:banana::banana:

:cool1::cool1: My son will be thrilled! Thanks Sherry!

You're welcome!:) I've noticed a lot of buzz about mac & cheese lately (not at DLR but on TV), and people seem to be putting it on lots of things (hot dogs, for example). It would only make sense for Disney to cash in on that fad while it's happening.

I am actually a wee bit surprised that we haven't gotten a more detailed Parks Blog about seasonal foods (sweet or savory) so far this year -- even if, in fact, the majority of the items mentioned on my list will be returning in some capacity and there aren't any big surprises. I know that at least one more food-related Blog will be coming up at some point (naming meals and Fall-inspired dishes at certain restaurants), but I would have expected a more detailed blog about the sweet treats! Oh well, maybe something will come out before the end of September.

I know the first party isn't until 9/26...but I can't wait to start reading trip reports! This will be our first year going and I am getting so excited. We still have to wait until Oct 17, so I am hoping to start living vicariously through other people's trip reports. :-)

Sherry E - you can sign up on amazon.com to be notified when Gingerbread Oreos are back in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V0KX1Q

We went to IHOP tonight on our way to the drive-in to see Planes: Fire Rescue (which wasn't actually showing.... Big disappointment. I was looking forward to seeing that!). Anyway, IHOP has Pumpkin Pancakes on the menu. I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, so I didn't try them....

Sherry E - you can sign up on amazon.com to be notified when Gingerbread Oreos are back in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V0KX1Q

If you end up liking these you all should try Newman's Ginger-Os. They are available in my market year round and are like Oreos made with ginger snaps and a cream filling that is lightly ginger spiced. So good I had to stop buying them because I are them too fast!:crazy2:

I know the first party isn't until 9/26...but I can't wait to start reading trip reports! This will be our first year going and I am getting so excited. We still have to wait until Oct 17, so I am hoping to start living vicariously through other people's trip reports. :-)

This is our third trip during Halloween time, but we are doing MHP for the first time this year and I'm very excited. All the final details of our trip fell into place this week (booked the second half of our stay on site, got our party tickets and our photopass+). One month from today we will be there!!

I love all things pumpkin spice, but I'm trying to lose 10 lbs before our cruise in January. So I'm going to have to restrain myself and maybe limit myself to one decadent treat while I'm there. Any suggestions for the one pumpkin treat not to be missed. (I don't like chocolate at all except white chocolate if that matters).

Maybe you all can help me sort something out...

We're making our first Halloween visit this year, on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of October. We bought Party tickets also. We have 3-day parkhoppers. What I'm wondering is, would it be worthwhile to skip the park on Wednesday, the day of the Party, and add another day on the front or rear of our trip? With the 3pm entry, we'll be in the park for 8 hours on Wednesday. Should we do the 8am to 11pm schedule on Wednesday, or wait and add Friday, which would put us in the park for another full 11 hours?

Anyone have suggestions on what to do before heading to Disneyland at 3pm?

Maybe you all can help me sort something out... We're making our first Halloween visit this year, on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of October. We bought Party tickets also. We have 3-day parkhoppers. What I'm wondering is, would it be worthwhile to skip the park on Wednesday, the day of the Party, and add another day on the front or rear of our trip? With the 3pm entry, we'll be in the park for 8 hours on Wednesday. Should we do the 8am to 11pm schedule on Wednesday, or wait and add Friday, which would put us in the park for another full 11 hours? Anyone have suggestions on what to do before heading to Disneyland at 3pm?

I haven't been at Halloweentime yet, but there is a TON to do at DLR :). This summer we had a "no park" day to sleep in, relax by the pool, and do everything at Downtown Disney without feeling like we were missing out on anything at the parks.

So yes, if I were you, I'd skip the parks on your party day. I'd probably add a day at the beginning, so I'd go to the parks on Mon, Tues, rest on Weds til party time, then parks again on Thurs.

Maybe you all can help me sort something out...

We're making our first Halloween visit this year, on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of October. We bought Party tickets also. We have 3-day parkhoppers. What I'm wondering is, would it be worthwhile to skip the park on Wednesday, the day of the Party, and add another day on the front or rear of our trip? With the 3pm entry, we'll be in the park for 8 hours on Wednesday. Should we do the 8am to 11pm schedule on Wednesday, or wait and add Friday, which would put us in the park for another full 11 hours?

Anyone have suggestions on what to do before heading to Disneyland at 3pm?
I agree, check out the hotels, pool if it is still warm and Downtown Disney. This way you aren't over tired for the party and can get a whole extra day at the same price.

Since we have not been hearing too much about the current incarnation of the Happiest Haunts tour in this specific thread, I will share an interesting, detailed review of it that I found on another site, LaughingPlace, complete with photos too:

"Happiest Haunts" Disneyland Tour Review -- LaughingPlace.com; posted by Alex Reif on September 18, 2014

:hmghost::hmghost:

Kilala -- I don't think the MHP maps come out until the day of the MHP, or maybe the day before? Unless the Parks Blog posts the new map ahead of time, we probably won't see it until 9/26 or shortly thereafter! All we have are the old maps.

Kilala -- I don't think the MHP maps come out until the day of the MHP, or maybe the day before? Unless the Parks Blog posts the new map ahead of time, we probably won't see it until 9/26 or shortly thereafter! All we have are the old maps.

We went to the first party last year I definitely did not see a map before we were at the party. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter