HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is truly hard to believe that Halloween Time officially starts at Disneyland Resort in 4 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: I am both elated and stunned by that fact.

Don't get me wrong -- I am thrilled that the season is about to start (I will be even more thrilled when the seasons actually change from Summer to Fall!:cool1:), but... where has the time gone?:rotfl: The months have zipped by at lightning speed. Ideally, I would like to speed through Summer at lightning speed, but linger and revel in the Halloween and Holiday seasons for a long time, and it doesn't seem to work that way!!:rotfl2:

Can it even be possible that in a mere 16.5 weeks, we will be wishing each other a "Happy New Year"???? :faint::faint:

Anyway, this is going to be another fairly hot week, weather-wise, in Southern California, with alternating humidity and dryness. That is the one and only issue I have with Halloween Time starting in mid-September -- the weather does not seem Fall-like most of the time. And when it does rain, it's not normal rain.

I remember the crazy rain that happened over the opening weekend of Halloween Time 7 years ago -- off and on heavy, messy rain and hot sun. I didn't know whether to grab for my umbrella or my sunscreen for most of the day. My friends and I were bedraggled messes by the end of the day, because every time we would start to recover from the last round of rain, we'd become hot and uncomfortable, only to be rained on again (usually when we had just gotten fully dry).

That September 2007 trip was, by far, the weirdest one in terms of weather that I have ever experienced, but preferable to awful heat any day.

:dancer::dancer:

I would expect to hear that the character pumpkins above the turnstiles at Disneyland have appeared by today or tomorrow, as they usually pop up fairly early.

Andy Castro at Dateline Disneyland (MiceAge) posted more photos of the early signs of Halloween Time:

"Food prices go up and Halloween Time creeps in as Disneyland enjoys a brief off-season" -- Dateline Disneyland; by Andy Castro; Published on September 08, 2014 at 5:05 am

It appears that the Scare-Dy Crow Shack at the Halloween Carnival/Roundup has not been decorated with its vintage Halloween décor just yet.

ETA: I saw the Disney Parks Blog about the Halloween Carnival come through on my RSS feed as I was typing up this post, and I just thought to myself, "Well, they are certainly not enhancing or adding to the Halloween Time season that much this year, are they?":confused: (The stage show at the Carnival doesn't sound all that exciting or significant.)

All of the "seasonal budget" must be going towards the 60th Anniversary next year, as we have not heard about anything new -- or anything at all -- for the Holiday Season either!:rolleyes:

Also, in Halloween/Fall food news...Pillsbury Caramel Apple Cookie Mix and Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix have now hit the shelves....along with Entenmann's Pumpkin Pop'ems!!!!!

I have said all along that I am not even a huge fan of pumpkin flavoring or of candy corn flavoring, but I must admit that I have been tempted to try some of the items I have been reading about for the last month!

Looong time lurker here lol but I'm a faithful follower! We'll be there Oct 4-12th and I'm wondering the same thing about the Happiest Haunts tours on MHP nights. We have our tickets for the party on the 8th but the tour might be a great way to spend the crossover times between day guest and party guests on Monday the 6th.

I've read some mixed reviews about the happiest haunts tour so I'm still trying to decide if we want to do it as we're already planning on doing the Walk in Walt's Footseps tour hopefully on Friday the 10th for DD's 14th birthday :)

Welcome, ncarrier!

I'm glad you joined us!

I will be interested to hear about the changes in the HH tour once it gets going this week -- hopefully someone will report back. The fact that Tower of Terror and DCA were removed from the tour is kind of significant, as it appears to lessen part of the value of the tour -- maybe.

And the fact that the Ultimate Experience HH Tour-MHP combo was removed from the schedule of Halloween Time offerings this year is even more puzzling.

We saw boxes of frozen Halloween cheese puffs and "lic-a-stix" tonight at walmart. In the Halloween candy area. Had to grab the cheese puffs for backpack treats!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

scrappymel --

Frozen Halloween cheese puffs???

We are coming from Florida and visiting MHP for the first time. We are really hoping for the pre-party to see Roger Rabbit if they bring that all back from last year and Hades! Lately we only get the Hades face version on stage or at the last 24hr day where one would had to wait over 4 hrs to meet him! He is one of the very few villains we would love to meet!

Welcome, bigt0513!

:welcome:

I really can't see why another Toontown Pre-Party couldn't be thrown together on short notice, but the fact that it has not been mentioned yet by Disney is suspicious.

:dancer:

22 days!!

My DD had/has the 2014 Birnbaums Official Guide to Disneyland. I know she did because I purchased it for her and stuck it in her Christmas stocking as we went in January 2014. Well, the other day I asked her where it was. Poor girl couldn't find it to save her. She even clean out the underneath of her bed. :rotfl: Well, I was resigned to purchase her a new one. She likes to read up and to study everything, multiple times. Yesterday she came into my room laughing because she finally found it! She spent most of the afternoon studying it. Oh will she ever be surprised! She keeps talking about the DLH. She even commented that we never seem to go swimming while at DLR because we are too busy with the parks. We have a swimming pool so we don't really make it a priority. Little does she know that I've worked in some swimming time so she can enjoy the Monorail slides.

Interesting...which party did you go to? Do you remember which trails closed up early? I ask because I think the treat trails on Main Street were admitting guests right up until closing on the two parties I went to last year. I have to admit that I didn't check what the time was, so it could have still been before midnight when I looked last.

I honestly don't remember the exact date we went but it was the first or second week before Halloween and during the week.

Really sorry if this has already been discussed...but with 99 pages in the thread, it's a little hard to get through them all! I really appreciate all the information.

My dd (14) and I are headed to DL Oct 15-17. We have tickets to the Halloween Party on 10/17. Trying to plan when it's best to be in the park. Right now, I was thinking we would spend the morning in DCA (she prefers the rides there) and head over to DL for the party at...what time? Is it best to get there at 3:00 or closer to 7:00 (or does it not make a difference.)

She's dressing up as the Mad Hatter. Not sure what (if anything I'll be.)

My dd (14) and I are headed to DL Oct 15-17. We have tickets to the Halloween Party on 10/17. Trying to plan when it's best to be in the park. Right now, I was thinking we would spend the morning in DCA (she prefers the rides there) and head over to DL for the party at...what time? Is it best to get there at 3:00 or closer to 7:00 (or does it not make a difference.)

Guests with party tickets can get into DL starting at 4:00 pm on 10/17 (Friday parties start at 7:00 pm), so expect to see a bump in crowds at that point. None of the party related activities start until 7:00 pm, so in that sense it doesn't really matter what time you get to the park (as long as it is before 7:00 pm).

Personally, I would get there either early enough to do a little in DL before the crowds pick-up (so somewhere between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm) or wait until a little past 4:00 pm so the line at the ticket gates can shorten a bit (there is usually a long line right when the tickets are first valid). My family is usually in the park by 4:00 pm, so we get our wristbands at 4:00 pm (at the in-park location) and then have a meal before the party starts. Then we can focus on party stuff during the party time and not worry about trying to find somewhere to eat.

Jafar didn't sign for me at the party last year and I heard mixed reports if Hades signs or not. The Queen of Hearts was roaming and I didn't see her sign. The Tremaines, Facilier, Maleficent, the Queen and Cruella definitely did sign.

Me and my friend last year at MHP were asked to be in the Cavalcade. Of course we said yes. Do you think that they will do that again this year? It was on a Friday last year that we did it. We were in the second parade.

Me and my friend last year at MHP were asked to be in the Cavalcade. Of course we said yes. Do you think that they will do that again this year? It was on a Friday last year that we did it. We were in the second parade.

My guess is that the Cavalcade will largely be the same again this year, so they will probably still have the vehicle where they feature a handful of guests.

Jafar didn't sign for me at the party last year and I heard mixed reports if Hades signs or not. The Queen of Hearts was roaming and I didn't see her sign. The Tremaines, Facilier, Maleficent, the Queen and Cruella definitely did sign.

Thanks so much for the info. My brother is so excited to see Dr. Facilier and would love to add him to the villains picture mat he started a few years ago:)

For Halloween Screams! I like being on Main Street, between the Partners Statue and the last shop (Camera or Coke Corner). Just make sure you have a good view of the left side of the castle (when facing the castle). For the Cavalcade, pretty much anywhere on the route has a good view, except perhaps spots where you are in the wrong side of the bend. For example, if you watch the first Cavalcade from IaSW Mall, I would sit on the left side of the route (when facing IaSW), so that you're on the outside of the bend, rather than the inside. I've watched from IaSW and Main Street and equally enjoyed both locations.

How far in advance do you grab your spot for the parade? What time does that usually start?

Yay!! I guess we can just pretend I meant to post it here... :cool2:
Sounds good to me!

On a related note, I can't wait to see photos from this year's HMH. It should debut on Friday, so hopefully someone will be there this weekend and can post photos soon!

not literally FROZEN, but from the movie Frozen. Haha. The packages have olaf, anna, and elsa on them.
:rotfl: I was thinking it was kind of dinner roll type thing! I love how they'll cross market anything...I mean, cheese puffs and Frozen don't exactly seem like the most obvious pairing. Frozen and ice cream...now that would make sense to me...:rotfl:

How far in advance do you grab your spot for the parade? What time does that usually start?
For the parade, I usually aim to be there about 30-45 minutes ahead of the start for the first parade. I watched from IaSW Mall, so that's the start of the parade. Assuming this year's schedule is like last year's, the Cavalcade was presented at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm (with Screams at 9:30 pm). For the second Cavalcade (starting on MS), I tend to cut it closer because I'm not necessarily aiming for a front row spot to take photos.

Thanks Figment! I like the idea of going in early and grabbing some dinner before the show!

Sounds good to me!

On a related note, I can't wait to see photos from this year's HMH. It should debut on Friday, so hopefully someone will be there this weekend and can post photos soon!

:rotfl: I was thinking it was kind of dinner roll type thing! I love how they'll cross market anything...I mean, cheese puffs and Frozen don't exactly seem like the most obvious pairing. Frozen and ice cream...now that would make sense to me...:rotfl:

For the parade, I usually aim to be there about 30-45 minutes ahead of the start for the first parade. I watched from IaSW Mall, so that's the start of the parade. Assuming this year's schedule is like last year's, the Cavalcade was presented at 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm (with Screams at 9:30 pm). For the second Cavalcade (starting on MS), I tend to cut it closer because I'm not necessarily aiming for a front row spot to take photos.

Were those times for the calvacade the same for both party times? (7pm and 6pm parties)

Were those times for the calvacade the same for both party times? (7pm and 6pm parties)
They have not yet released the schedule of events for this year's party, but last year the schedule was the same regardless of when the party started.
This was the schedule for 2013:
8:30 & 10:30 pm Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade
9:30 pm Halloween Screams (fireworks)
7:45, 8:45, 9:45 pm, and 10:45 pm Monsters U Dance Party
7:45, 8:45, 9:45 pm, and 10:45 pm Cadaver Dans
(Basically, for the parties that end at 11:00 pm, the last set for the Cadaver Dans and Monster U Dance Party pretty much close out the event.)
Just to make sure folks don't get confused...this was the schedule from 2013, the 2014 schedule has not been posted/announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter