HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the pins, you can see what the Halloween pins look like on the Disney Parks Merchandise website. They list by release month: September and October. Just note that there is a chance some of the pins may sell out before the end of HalloweenTime and (of course) release date and designs are subject to change.

Heh...I looked at the pins and when I got to "Chewbacca Covered in Lights", I read it as:

"Chewbacca Covered in Lice."

For one second, I was all: "WHY? Why would you want that??" :laughing:

We saw boxes of frozen Halloween cheese puffs and "lic-a-stix" tonight at walmart. In the Halloween candy area. Had to grab the cheese puffs for backpack treats!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are coming from Florida and visiting MHP for the first time. We are really hoping for the pre-party to see Roger Rabbit if they bring that all back from last year and Hades! Lately we only get the Hades face version on stage or at the last 24hr day where one would had to wait over 4 hrs to meet him! He is one of the very few villains we would love to meet!

Another MHP question!!

Do all of the meet and greets stay open until the party is over at midnight? And the rides, treat trails, villains in townsquare, and whatever other activities?

Last year towards the end of the night alot of treat trails ran out of candy (I guess they didn't want to restock them) and were closing them up.

Made a bunch of progress on the costumes today! Jessie's (DD) chaps are almost finished and Woody's (DH) cow print vest has the outside layer. I'm still trying to find a cheap/easy way to paint my boy's green army man clothes but there's so much to paint that I need a gallon I think.

When we were leaving the park about 20-30 minutes before it closed they had closed the line for the villains up at main street. Other then that I don't know about the others.

If this was in 2013, it could be because they had a little villain show outside the Main Street train station right before the party ended.

Unfortunately, I do not have any information about when the other character lines closed.

Last year towards the end of the night alot of treat trails ran out of candy (I guess they didn't want to restock them) and were closing them up.

Interesting...which party did you go to? Do you remember which trails closed up early? I ask because I think the treat trails on Main Street were admitting guests right up until closing on the two parties I went to last year. I have to admit that I didn't check what the time was, so it could have still been before midnight when I looked last.

Interesting...which party did you go to? Do you remember which trails closed up early? I ask because I think the treat trails on Main Street were admitting guests right up until closing on the two parties I went to last year. I have to admit that I didn't check what the time was, so it could have still been before midnight when I looked last.

We ran into this at least once last year at the first party at the monorail station treat trail. There was the first station on the ground level, but the last of the 3 stations on the platform was closed. I just looked at my pictures and I am a little surprised, but it would have been around 10:30 pm. That seems really early for a party ending at 12:00 am.

Sorry if this has been asked... The search feature doesn't work well on my phone. I bought MHP tickets with my AP and it said each guest must have an AP to use them, but I am being told that is not actually the case. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Where would you all recommend sitting to watch both the Mickey's Costume Cavalcade Parade and then saying for the Halloween Scream Fireworks? I'm ok getting a spot super early since I'll be pregnant and don't mind sitting for awhile snacking on tummy treats :)

This will be my fist Halloween party and I'm wondering if the villains sign autographs. I've been to Mnsshp at WDW and they do not. Thanks for any info!

Thanks for the help! Any info helps :)

I asked about when the meet and greets close because I plan on getting a spot early for the calvacade and hanging out there while my family does some trick or treating and then I plan on staying there in that spot for the fireworks. So I won't be able to head to the meet and greets until after the fireworks. I was hoping to catch some of the villains and the pirate pals by the dock.

Just ordered our costumes, they will be delivered to the hotel, so excited to see the boys faces when they open the boxes :) .I'm thinking we will need an extra bag on the way home but at least we haven't dragged costumes all over the world.

We ran into this at least once last year at the first party at the monorail station treat trail. There was the first station on the ground level, but the last of the 3 stations on the platform was closed. I just looked at my pictures and I am a little surprised, but it would have been around 10:30 pm. That seems really early for a party ending at 12:00 am.
Interesting...I wonder if there was a problem with the candy supply the first night or an issue with the monorail treat trail. I didn't get over to that one when I was there last year. I know that at least some of the treat trails remained open well past 10:30 pm at the two parties I went to (I know I was at the one along the Rivers of America near the end of the party; after the Cadaver Dan's last set). Hopefully the early closing of the monorail treat trail was just a fluke.

Sorry if this has been asked... The search feature doesn't work well on my phone. I bought MHP tickets with my AP and it said each guest must have an AP to use them, but I am being told that is not actually the case. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
The first party has not yet happened, but from what folks have been told and reported back here, that is correct. You needed to have a valid AP to purchase the tickets at the AP price, but you do not need an AP to use the ticket.

Where would you all recommend sitting to watch both the Mickey's Costume Cavalcade Parade and then saying for the Halloween Scream Fireworks? I'm ok getting a spot super early since I'll be pregnant and don't mind sitting for awhile snacking on tummy treats :)
For Halloween Screams! I like being on Main Street, between the Partners Statue and the last shop (Camera or Coke Corner). Just make sure you have a good view of the left side of the castle (when facing the castle). For the Cavalcade, pretty much anywhere on the route has a good view, except perhaps spots where you are in the wrong side of the bend. For example, if you watch the first Cavalcade from IaSW Mall, I would sit on the left side of the route (when facing IaSW), so that you're on the outside of the bend, rather than the inside. I've watched from IaSW and Main Street and equally enjoyed both locations.

This will be my fist Halloween party and I'm wondering if the villains sign autographs. I've been to Mnsshp at WDW and they do not. Thanks for any info!
The villains M&G at MHP is more like a traditional M&G (assuming no major changes from last year). I'm pretty sure they sign autographs; at least I thought I saw them signing things last year, but I can't remember for sure.

Do you think it is still a possibility that MHP will still have the Toontown pre-party?
It's always a possibility, but it's getting less likely with each passing day and no announcement.

Thanks - I was afraid that the Toontown pre-party wouldn't happen. However, I am keeping my fingers crossed as it seems like Disney is slow in making announcements this year - or I am excited :rotfl:

From the Disney Parks Blog entry that pudinhd linked:
This season, the “Mystic Magic Show” will appear on the Jamboree stage to amaze you with feats of illusion and sleight-of-hand.
Well, at least we now know (at least at this point) what is happening on the main stage in place of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. The description of "Conjure a Villain" sounds the same, as does much of the activities at the Halloween Carnival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter