• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sitting at work right now planning out my month and it looks like the first signs of Halloween at Target will be about 3 weeks away ... Including a display of one of my hard to resist treats... candy corn!

So I'm sitting at work right now planning out my month and it looks like the first signs of Halloween at Target will be about 3 weeks away ... Including a display of one of my hard to resist treats... candy corn!

:cool1::cool1: :cheer2: I do enjoy seeing candy corn appear, because it definitely heralds the changing of the seasons! I am hoping that the Caramel Apple Milky Ways, the White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms and the Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins are right on the heels of the candy corn!

I am tempted to go into my local CityTarget this weekend and look at the Pumpkin Pie Spice Jif Whips up close (and also see if I can find the Pillsbury Pumpkin Pie Toaster Strudel too)! I thought I was headed that way the other day, but my errand-running plans changed. I may not be able to resist looking for these things!

Has anyone here done the Happy Haunts tour? Feedback?

I did the Happiest Haunt tour last year with my husband. We are going again this year and going on the tour again with my BFF who LOVES LOVES LOVES halloween. I thought she would really enjoy it, but didnt want to just send her off by herself so we are going again. We enjoyed it last time and look forward to going again.

Interestingly Space Mountain is not listed on the refurb schedule for the days prior to the 12th

Interestingly Space Mountain is not listed on the refurb schedule for the days prior to the 12th

I think it's probably just an oversight or delay in updating the refurb list. I'm fairly certain that Ghost Galaxy will be back.

I think it's probably just an oversight or delay in updating the refurb list. I'm fairly certain that Ghost Galaxy will be back.

Ghost Galaxy was listed in the AP mailing I got yesterday. Did you all receive it? It's a glossy brochure about Halloween Time and also MHP. Funny, it says to buy MHP tickets "early", but they didn't deliver the brochure until after the tix went on sale to the general public.

Too bad. From what I've seen/heard I'm fairly certain my kids would be terrified and it didn't seem worth it to me to go by myself. I think I'd prefer plain old Space Mountain. Still, I know some people really like it.

On another note, at some candle store at the mall they had orange and black balloons and a 'Halloween Preview' today.

I got the Halloween/MHP-themed brochure for AP holders in the mail (the one that LisaT91403 mentioned above), and -- this bit of news is for mummabear...

There will be a "Limited-time return of The Pirates League"!!!

It says to "Call for reservations and prices"!! (No number is listed, but try 714-781-STYLE or 714-781-7895 from 2013.) There's no other info, but I'm sure PL will be at the Halloween Carnival again!

You got your wish, mummabear!!! Pirates League will be back!!!!!pirate:

:dancer::dancer:

Too bad. From what I've seen/heard I'm fairly certain my kids would be terrified and it didn't seem worth it to me to go by myself.
I can see where SMGG can be scary. If you really wanted to try riding it or having your kids ride it, I would recommend asking to be seated at the rear of the car. Some of the images/elements are are timed to the front of ride vehicle, so by the time the back of the car passes the point, some of the image is over. Also, it's worth noting that there is lightening storm projected on the outside of Space Mountain and at night it can be kind of startling (loud crashing noises with some accompanying screeches). I saw several folks jump when it happened because it's unexpected.

I got the Halloween/MHP-themed brochure for AP holders in the mail (the one that LisaT91403 mentioned above), and -- this bit of news is for mummabear...

It says to "Call for reservations and prices"!! There's no other info, but I'm sure PL will be at the Halloween Carnival again!

I know you were specifically speaking to mummabear, but I was really hoping this would return! What number does it say to call?

I know you were specifically speaking to mummabear, but I was really hoping this would return! What number does it say to call?

mikana876 --

I posted for everyone, but I only mentioned mummabear because she had been so hopeful that PL would return, and had just mentioned it yesterday, and I thought she was the one who was the most interested in it! If others are interested too, even better!:cool1:

There is no phone number listed with the PL mention in the AP brochure, strangely. It literally just said to "Call for reservations and prices." I assume that the number from last year (which I just looked up) will work?: 714-781-STYLE or 714-781-7895.

I checked the first few pages and didn't find my answer. What is Pirates League?

TIA

2tinkerbell --

We've only touched on it briefly here before -- it was part of the Halloween Carnival in 2013, and was in the Court of Angels in NOS in 2012. This was a Parks Blog about it from August of last year: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...a-limited-time-only-at-the-disneyland-resort/

I'm an AP holder and didn't get the brochure! *pout* Maybe it'll come early next week.

I guess still no word on if the pre-party in Toontown will return?

I'm an AP holder and didn't get the brochure! *pout* Maybe it'll come early next week.

I guess still no word on if the pre-party in Toontown will return?

Nope. Nothing revealing in the brochure at all (that we didn't already know) other than the confirmation of Pirates League.

ashleysev --

Oh no!

Well, as you said, maybe the fact that the family is taking a while to decide on a date is a blessing. Maybe it is working out for the best if you are truly not feeling it. Only you know if it will be worthwhile to you to push forward with the plan, despite your hectic schedule. With no break in school for several months, it would definitely be tricky to squeeze in a trip -- albeit, a fun trip!

I think that mulling it over in a week is a good idea. Maybe this is just a passing moment of doubt and in a few days you will be gung ho to go, or will decide that a trip is not the wisest choice at the moment.

I know. It would be tricky but... ugh. :confused3

If we didn't go, we still have our Disney Christmas cruise next year!

:wave2: We're in! My husband just got the days off from work, so now we need to renew our passes & buy tickets to the party!! I cant find the list of sold out dates like last year. Does one exist yet?

CANT WAIT!!! :goodvibes

It says to "Call for reservations and prices"!! (No number is listed, but try 714-781-STYLE or 714-781-7895 from 2013.) There's no other info, but I'm sure PL will be at the Halloween Carnival again!

Yay Yay Yay! :cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:
Off to call now!

I checked the first few pages and didn't find my answer. What is Pirates League?

TIA

Think Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique but Piratey.

:wave2: We're in! My husband just got the days off from work, so now we need to renew our passes & buy tickets to the party!! I cant find the list of sold out dates like last year. Does one exist yet?

CANT WAIT!!! :goodvibes

MadMim --

There are no sold out dates yet, but the list of party dates is in the MHP FAQ post on page 1 of this thread! There may not always be a list of sold out parties -- that was just something that Geemo thought to do last year -- but this year figment_jii will keep track of the MHPs selling out.

Does it say anything about dates?

Wrangler --

Do you mean dates for Pirates League? No. I assume PL will be available every day at the Halloween Carnival, but reservations will be needed. The only thing the brochure said about Pirates League was what I posted above. There wasn't even a phone number listed to call about PL -- I just looked up the number from last year. Everything else in the brochure is what we already know -- Ghost Galaxy, Haunted Mansion Holiday, meeting Villains, treats, etc., etc.

Hopefully you saw my previous response to you here, about seeing the characters in costume by or before September 19th (your last day at Disneyland) -- you will see characters in costume at the Halloween Carnival, most likely, as Halloween Time starts on 9/12 and the Carnival will be open then. Characters in Halloween-ish attire hang out at the Carnival all through Halloween Time.

Doing a happy dance PL is booked :banana:

So:
Opens Sept 12th until Oct 31st
Firstmate Package $35
Empress Package $35
Jake Package $29.99

CC guarantee required. Cancellations prior to 24 hours notice no charge, $10 per person charge for cancellations within 24hours. $20 per person charge for no shows.

At the Halloween carnival area, outdoors so effected by inclement weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter