• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tried it had a recording that said the line had been disconnected or is no longer in service. Just tried again and got the same thing. Hmm...Maybe they took it down until the tickets are available over the phone? I just wanted to see if they could look up my tickets since they still haven't been emailed. I am not patient today!

Be patient, Jamie! You can do it!:goodvibes

You have to realize that thousands of people are currently bombarding Disneyland with calls and online transactions. Just give it a bit of time for the phone lines to calm down. It's only 9:43 a.m. (West Coast time!).

Did you get the email confirmation yet? It 's titled "Disneyland Confirmation" and comes from "Disneyland Reservations"? If you've gotten that one, that's how you get your tickets (they aren't email the pdf anymore). At the bottom of the email is a link that says "View of Print Your Disney eTickets". Click that and it'll take you to your tickets and you can print them or print them to pdf.

I haven't gotten ANYTHING from Disney. No confirmation. And of course the the confirmation page when I purchased, quickly timed out so I don't even have my confirmation number, hence why I'm a little stressed about it. I was hoping they could look them via my AP number and figure out how to get them to me.

Be patient, Jamie! You can do it!:goodvibes You have to realize that thousands of people are currently bombarding Disneyland with calls and online transactions. Just give it a bit of time for the phone lines to calm down. It's only 9:43 a.m. (West Coast time!).

I know I need to patient and I do feel like I remember a time right before a price increase where it was taking people along time to get their AP/tickets via email. I just bought 8 party tickets, so not chump change - and I hate not having anyway to prove it ;) I am very type A and like things neat & orderly!

I haven't gotten ANYTHING from Disney. No confirmation. And of course the the confirmation page when I purchased, quickly timed out so I don't even have my confirmation number, hence why I'm a little stressed about it. I was hoping they could look them via my AP number and figure out how to get them to me.

Did you pay using a credit card? Can you check you credit card to see if there is a pending payment to Disney?

I do remember that sometimes the delay can be several hours before the confirmation email shows up. My guess is that the system is slow right now...

Well? I know that some of you are probably calling the out-of-service ticket number. Is it still not working? Is it working? Report back to us here!

This could also be an issue for folks that have a valid AP now, but their AP ticket expires before the event date.

That's my situation. My AP expires in Sept, and I'm not sure if we are going to renew or not.

The only benefit I'm getting from buying an AP ticket is the ability to purchase early (no discount). I just can't see showing up for the party and being denied admission after spending $70/ticket. That wouldn't make sense.

That's my situation. My AP expires in Sept, and I'm not sure if we are going to renew or not.

The only benefit I'm getting from buying an AP ticket is the ability to purchase early (no discount). I just can't see showing up for the party and being denied admission after spending $70/ticket. That wouldn't make sense.

It wouldn't make sense at all! I think you'll get in without issue. I would have to assume that a lot of people buy MHP tickets while their APs are still valid, and then the APs expire before the MHP rolls around. They also often buy tickets for friends and family too (who do not have APs).

All anyone needs is an MHP ticket to get into the parties, so I don't think you'd be denied. For all Disney knows (once you're at the turnstiles), someone could have given you the ticket as a gift.

Well? I know that some of you are probably calling the out-of-service ticket number. Is it still not working? Is it working? Report back to us here!

It is working again! I've been on hold for 35 minutes now.

ETA: Got through - she was able to look up my order and it was there! She is surprised it hadn't emailed yet, but said to give it 24 hours just for the overload. She said if the email didn't arrive, to bring my confirmation number (which she gave me) to the ticket booth and they'll be happy to print them out for me. Feeling much better :)

I agree with Sherry in that I think the information is meant to convey that you have to have a valid AP at the time of purchase. Nothing on the ticket itself says you have to have a valid AP to use the ticket and you don't put your name on it or anything like that. So baring some major change in policies, I think you'll be fine using the ticket whether or not you have a valid AP at the time of the party.

It is working again! I've been on hold for 35 minutes now.

ETA: Got through - she was able to look up my order and it was there! She is surprised it hadn't emailed yet, but said to give it 24 hours just for the overload. She said if the email didn't arrive, to bring my confirmation number (which she gave me) to the ticket booth and they'll be happy to print them out for me. Feeling much better :)

That's wonderful news, Jamie!:cool1::cool1::cool1: I'm glad to hear it.

I know it is a huge relief for you to get through to an actual human and to find out that the order is there. And you're absolutely right -- it's not chump change or just a few bucks being spent, so you want to make sure that DLR's system actually recognized your order if it didn't appear to complete correctly!

For a resort that seems to want to try and push their social media network, you gotta love the fact that only two of the streams announced that MHP tickets went on sale today for AP, DVC, and Disney Visa Card Holders. At least it was one Twitter and one Facebook feed each! :rotfl:

Disneyland Resort Twitter: Yes (~noon)
Disneyland Today Twitter: No
Disneyland Annual Passholder Twitter: No
Disneyland Today Facebook: No
Disney Parks Blog Facebook: No
Disneyland Facebook: No
Disneyland Annual Passholder Facebook: Yes (~9:00 am)
Disneyland Halloween Time Facebook: No

For a resort that seems to want to try and push their social media network, you gotta love the fact that only two of the streams announced that MHP tickets went on sale today for AP, DVC, and Disney Visa Card Holders. At least it was one Twitter and one Facebook feed each! :rotfl:

Disneyland Resort Twitter: Yes (~noon)
Disneyland Today Twitter: No
Disneyland Annual Passholder Twitter: No
Disneyland Today Facebook: No
Disney Parks Blog Facebook: No
Disneyland Facebook: No
Disneyland Annual Passholder Facebook: Yes (~9:00 am)
Disneyland Halloween Time Facebook: No

^^^For some reason, I love reading stats/bits on info like that! I don't know why, but I find it endlessly entertaining. Thank you for doing such a good job of keeping track of it all, figment_jii!

That Halloween Time Facebook page is just...pitiful.:confused3 As I've said in the past, Disney could certainly find ways to engage the readers and make it interesting all year long, to get people excited about seeing DLR at Halloween Time when the season is finally here.

BUT...let's forget my idea. Let's just say that the Halloween Time Facebook page exists only to report on Halloween Time-related things each year, as they happen or are announced.

Using that reasoning, wouldn't it make sense for the Halloween Time page to, for example, put up a post when the MHP tickets go on sale? Or when the dates of Halloween Time and the MHP were first announced, 2 weeks ago?

They don't even do that much with the page. They literally don't start posting anything on that Halloween Time page until September, and by that time everyone has had to get their Halloween info elsewhere!

I sometimes wonder if they didn't make all of these social media streams as a means of preventing anyone else from taking the name. I'm sure there is some process (perhaps legal, perhaps through Facebook or Twitter account policies or something like that) why which Disney could get back the name if someone else created an account using it, but this way it's already under their control. However, they really aren't planning on using it that much (except during the applicable season), so it just kind of sits there like a lump of coal. It would be great if they did something else with it, but I get the feeling that as much as Disney is trying to embrace new technology and communications methods, they don't really have a clear vision/plan yet.

Tickets officially purchased for 10/24, somehow making this trip more real for me. I could not be more excited (unless I was already there) :goodvibes::banana::yay:

I'm so happy I finally had success on my third call! I got my MHP tickets using my about to expire Disney Visa Rewards Redeption Card. Whew! party::tinker:

I'm so happy I finally had success on my third call! I got my MHP tickets using my about to expire Disney Visa Rewards Redeption Card. Whew! party::tinker:

What was the price? Did they give you the discount with the rewards card or do you have to use the actual Visa to get the AP price? I'm planning to get my tickets tomorrow with my rewards points card.

Just ordered the first 8 of my 12 tickets. I had absolutely no wait time on my call which was nice and unexpected. It sounds like I can order my other 4 tickets tomorrow, but I cannot get the visa price for them, but I will be charged at the advance purchase price. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow with the other 4 tickets.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences earlier today. I decided to wait to call until I got home from work. Got through with absolutely no wait and bought 2 tickets for my very first MHP on Oct 17.

I was actually able to purchase my tickets for all 3 Halloween parties happening during my trip yesterday at like 100am online. I went on to check and just see since I was up at work and it was open. Originally I was just going to do 2 parties but I recently got a surprise bonus at work and decided to use some of it and go to that 3rd party. My son and I are excited because this will give us more time to get character autographs like Jack Sparrow and other ones not out all the time plus let us go at a more relax pace not our got to do it all pace :rotfl2: We are so much alike we both said that at the same time when I told him we could do all 3 parties :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter