• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another user (@Avery's mom) linked this in another thread - Looks like there is a new premium dining experience at BB only available during the Halloween parties that includes a three course meal, entertainment by Dr. Facilier and other guests including the Cadaver Dans, plus priority viewing for Halloween Screams! - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/blue-bayou-halloween-dinner-package/

I went through the reservation process for 2 guests and it totaled $300. So $150 per guest it seems. A little steep for me!

They're doing the 'paid event within a paid event' thing that WDW does/did! I doubt that anyone is shocked about that!

I do like the name -- "Mystical Spirits of the Blue Bayou." The price is too steep for me!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this here jammyjam25! I really wish it didn't take up so much park time, though! $150 per adult OR child is do-able for a really great experience, but for so much park time - I know my kids would complain about being stuck in a restaurant for so long.

I just booked the Blue Bayou event when I read Dr. Facilier was going to be there. My brother loves him and was disappointed he wasn't at the Halloween party we attended last year. I guess it will be a surprise early Christmas present, lol.

I just booked the Blue Bayou event when I read Dr. Facilier was going to be there. My brother loves him and was disappointed he wasn't at the Halloween party we attended last year. I guess it will be a surprise early Christmas present, lol.

Please report back and let us know how it goes. I will be very curious to read and hear reviews, as this is the first time Disneyland has tried the 'paid event within the paid event/Halloween Party' deal. I want to see if it turns out to be a success, or if it is something that works better at WDW than at DLR.

I am waiting for the Disney Parks Blog to make the announcement about this Blue Bayou/Mystical Spirits event! They announced the Jungle Cruise breakfast thing, so they must still be working on the piece about the Blue Bayou. It's a shame because it is soooo expensive, and the MHP is already costly enough.

Last year Disney rolled out the Mahaloween event at Trader Sam's at the DLH -- and, if I recall correctly, I believe the price was something like $250 for two people ($125 per person). So, this year they are continuing the trend of expensive, limited dining events/experiences.

Edited to amend the per person price, per Serial's correction.

Last edited:
We're not going until Oct. 27, so hopefully someone will have gone before then because I'll be waiting for a review, too! I'm against the paid event within a paid event idea, but I think my brother will love it. We're leaving for WDW next week and his magic band has a Dr. Facilier theme including a lighted amulet.

I would totally do this if we could get there at 7:30 and leave after eating (75-90 minutes) and take ourselves to the preferred fireworks viewing. But committing 3 hours out of a five hour party is too much.

Absolutely. More than half of MHP would be used up by the Blue Bayou event.

I just saw that $300 price tag on Jungle Crusie breakfast, be still my heart! I'm intrigued by the blue bayou idea, out of my price range and not really my sort of thing but I will be interested to see if they manage to fill it up every night of MHP. And the logistics of POTC. That would be pretty cool to ride by and catch a glimpse of the spirit shenanigans at play while floating through the bayou :)

I just saw that $300 price tag on Jungle Crusie breakfast, be still my heart! I'm intrigued by the blue bayou idea, out of my price range and not really my sort of thing but I will be interested to see if they manage to fill it up every night of MHP. And the logistics of POTC. That would be pretty cool to ride by and catch a glimpse of the spirit shenanigans at play while floating through the bayou :)

Also, I guess this now explains the POTC closure right after Halloween Time begins, but it isn't supposed to be completed/open until 9/29 or after, correct (which is after MHP begins, and after this BB dining thing begins)? I figured that they want to spruce up POTC for this event, but it would make more sense if they could get it open by 9/25!

I booked the BB dinner for Oct 5, and will post a report. Fireworks seating is a great part of the package.
MHP tickets are required to purchase the dinner (according to the website), but I did not need to provide any confirmation that I had already purchased tickets (I used the same Disney account, so the ticket check might happen "magically"). Party admission should be included.
I just saw that $300 price tag on Jungle Crusie breakfast, be still my heart!...
Park admission should be included with this package as well.
I just tried to book (as a test), and there are no reservations available for any of the 8 dates.
Either capacity is very limited, or the event has not gone onsale.

I had recently just been wondering if there was going to be a return of the Mahaloween event (also costly) at Trader Sam's this year. I figured that if it returned it probably would not be announced for another couple of weeks, at least. Even though Mahaloween got mixed reviews -- people felt it was too disorganized for the high price tag -- it was a way to bring a bit of Halloween to one of the hotels.

Now I think that, between the Jungle Cruise breakfast and the Mystical Spirits/Blue Bayou event this year, there probably won't be another super expensive Mahaloween event again too. Then again, never say never. Just when I think I have Disney nailed down to a reliable schedule or pattern, they surprise me!

Will Dr. Facillier be confined to the exclusive event then? I was really hoping my son would have a chance to meet him, but the $350 cost for the event seems a bit steep in addition to the party tickets we've already purchased.

Last year Disney rolled out the Mahaloween event at Trader Sam's at the DLH -- and, if I recall correctly, I believe the price was something like $200 or $250 per person. So, this year they are continuing the trend of expensive, limited dining events/experiences.

Mahaloween was $125/pp, including tax and tip. The Tahitian Terrace Diamond Luau this year was $150/pp. both events sold out. But I get your point.

I actually appreciate Disneyland offering these unique experiences and don't quite feel like it's price gouging (unlike trying to charge fans $50 for the right to hand over more money for merchandise on Force Friday, or for any other merchandise event) because you're getting drinks, food, entertainment, usually an exclusive souvenir and an experience out of it. And these events do have to be planned around or outside of the park's normal operations. The price is what Disney needs to make a profit (or else why do it?) and what the market will bear, and clearly there are people who aren't letting the $300/pp price deter them from filling up the reservations for this event. The only thing I'd ask if I were to spend that kind of money is for the event to meet Disney's usual high standard of quality and hospitality. If an event is too much, Disney will backtrack and refund the price like they did for Force Friday or adjust the pricing on the next event.

Last edited:
I booked it... Can't believe I booked it, but I booked the BB special dinner... we are doing two parties and I talked to dd and explained that it would mean less park time but we would get good seats for HS for sure. We were doing dinner at BB another night so I just swapped things around so we would only have the one BB dinner. I am getting pretty excited. Have all our sit down meals booked. Have tentative park hours... A lot of 7 am EEs... And only 50 more days to wait!

Keep in mind that the Star Wars Launch Bay is very likely to open on 10/11. Even though it has not yet been announced by Disney (I discovered the info all on my own!), that's the date that the performers/characters at the Launch Bay are supposed to start work. It could be that Disney is extending the park hours because they expect an influx of Star Wars fans in that week. Now I would not have expected that the Launch Bay itself would bring in tons of people -- I would expect big crowds when the new Star Tours film/adventure opens later this year, as well as when Season of the Force and Hyperspace Mountain begin early next year -- but combined with the Halloween/Halloween Party crowds and the people coming out to see the Diamond Anniversary things, as well as any school breaks or other events bringing extra people to the parks... yes, I expect it to be quite busy!

Well I guess I should start preparing myself for busier crowds than were used to. Hopefully I'll find it to be less busy than I'm expecting.

I have a question about costumes, my son really wants to go to on of the parties as a storm trooper, but I know they have strict guidelines regarding masks. Do you know if the storm trooper mask will be allowed?

Edited to fix spelling

A $150 hard ticket event inside of a hard ticket event is absolutely ridiculous.

And I totally just booked it.

Here's why.

A) I've done the party. Lots. I'm good. Plus there's no calvacade to worry about this year and I've seen paint the night 3 times. B) I've always missed the cadaver dans no matter how hard I try to catch them (they'll be performing during the event according to the booking page) c) I've always had a lousy view of Halloween screams. d) wdw's up sell event looked pretty cool. E) I'm a sucker for an exclusive gift no matter how lame it usually turns out to be.

It just hit all the right little buttons for me. It's still ridiculous though. But doing ridiculous overpriced things comes with the park fan territory I guess.

These premium events kind of remind me of those experiences you could only otherwise win in a contest, like the family who got to have dinner and spend a night in the Haunted Mansion a year or two ago or the VIP character experiences offered up as prizes in the Diamond Days sweepstakes, which people always wish they could buy if only there were a price. Well now you can. Complain about the price if you want, but if it was cheap then just about everyone would jump on it and you'd complain that there's not enough space to accommodate everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter