HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Sherry,
We are getting the Premium Park view room... I paid extra for it. So the right tower, if looking at the park? I asked for the 14th floor, but that's Concierge level the CM at the PPH said .

Thanks for the info, as always.

--Lori

Come on DLR!! I want to buy our tickets lol. We are so excited to do Halloween this year! And MHP!

Do they typically release the info at a certain time in the day? Or a certain day of the week?

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! My husband thinks I'm a nut job!!! Lol come on Disney!!!!!

Do they typically release the info at a certain time in the day? Or a certain day of the week?
It appears not. Looking back at the Disney Parks Blog posts:
2014: Dates posted Wednesday July 2
2013: Dates posted Monday, July 1
2012: Dates posted Monday, June 25
2011: Dates posted Friday, July 1

All seem to have been posted before noon (PDT).

Given that Labor Day occurs 7 days later this year than last year, it's also possible the whole schedule could be shifted a week later. Thus, tickets could go on sale a week later than last year, and the announcement may come next week instead of this week as well. All just wild speculation and guessing.

Just have to keep watching, I suppose. :sad2:

It appears not. Looking back at the Disney Parks Blog posts:
2014: Dates posted Wednesday July 2
2013: Dates posted Monday, July 1
2012: Dates posted Monday, June 25
2011: Dates posted Friday, July 1

All seem to have been posted before noon (PDT).

Given that Labor Day occurs 7 days later this year than last year, it's also possible the whole schedule could be shifted a week later. Thus, tickets could go on sale a week later than last year, and the announcement may come next week instead of this week as well. All just wild speculation and guessing.

Just have to keep watching, I suppose. :sad2:

Let me also add to this great info that, in 2010, the Parks Blog announced the fact that the party was moving across the Esplanade to Disneyland in May!!!!

In 2011, even before the Parks Blog made an official announcement, the party dates popped up in the Annual Pass section of the DLR website in late May or early June -- but very quietly, without fanfare. It was one of those things where if you were not checking the AP section you would not have known the info until the Parks Blog made the announcement.

And in 2013 -- some folks in this thread may remember -- the former Annual Pass newsletter/magazine/calendar, Backstage Pass, showed the start dates of Halloween Time, Mickey's Halloween Party AND the Holiday season in its May-released summer issue. However, they made a big blunder, as the date they showed as being the first night of Mickey's Halloween Party was wrong!! :faint: We were all so excited to get the info -- and several of us saw the date printed right there in the calendar-- and it turned out to be totally wrong! They did not make that mistake again in 2014.

Anyone have any reviews on the Halloween tour? We may be interested in doing that, too. We've never done any of the tours. What exactly do you tour? What's involved in the Happiest Haunts tour?

Anyone have any reviews on the Halloween tour? We may be interested in doing that, too. We've never done any of the tours. What exactly do you tour? What's involved in the Happiest Haunts tour?

Until someone else replies here with some info for you, check out the Happiest Haunts Tour category (Under the Main Street section) in this Disneyland post - http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ut-halloween-time-2015.3270919/#post-51326923. The 2 links under 2014 (one of which is a complete review) will give you a good idea of the most recent incarnation of the tour (since it changed a bit from previous years).

Thank you! That review was exactly what I was looking for.

I think we may try it out this year! Especially if they have bundle tickets with MHP.

Hi Sherry! Thanks for the update! Let talk heat... 102 here yesterday in Northern Nevada, with a flash flood last night!
Fall sounds kinda nice right now!!

:lovestruc

--Lori
This happened a street over from our home! It's a small world! (pun intended)

I'm in SW Washington. We don't normally see temps in the 90s until mid August, and it's been high 80s to mid 90s almost daily for about two weeks now! I'm over it as well!

Another one already tired of the heat (108 yesterday) and waiting impatiently for the dates to be released.

I'm starting to think DLR just doesn't care about us East Coasters who have to plan ahead to travel! Maybe they prefer having all their guests be local APers. :( My dates are locked in at this point. I had some wiggle room to move things around some until about a week ago. Now I guess I just sit and wait for an announcement.

I'm starting to think DLR just doesn't care about us East Coasters who have to plan ahead to travel! Maybe they prefer having all their guests be local APers. :( My dates are locked in at this point. I had some wiggle room to move things around some until about a week ago. Now I guess I just sit and wait for an announcement.

I know how you feel! I'm on the west coast, but with my husband's company he has to request his dates off fairly far in advanced. I'm assuming since we will be there the last week of October there will be a few nights of the party, but finalizing plans would be nice!

I am so done with heat right now! Bring on the Fall and Winter!

Sorry for you west coasters dealing with drought & extreme heat. But we had record breaking snow last winter (6+feet in 24 hours), a late spring & lots of rain & below average temps in June. We're ready for some heat & sun here! And the only reason I want fall to get here is my trip to DL!!

Today should be the day for the announcement!! July 2nd was when they announced it last year.

Everyone needs to cross their fingers! Come on Disneyland, we want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter