• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! I am so done with summer! The heat affects one of my medical conditions (a debilitating headache that we have been unable to get of for going on 5+ years). It gets so much worse in the heat and my mess can't keep up with it. So, I always end up wishing the summer away!

I will be posting photos for you of Halloween decorations at DCA, MK, and DL tomorrow. I will also be posting photos of the progress of the Electra unitard.

Hear you on the heat Sherry....we've had such a mild winter and spring here the Seattle area...been in 70-80 the past few days, this is our July/August weather. Most people don't have A/C here either. Makes me a bit anxious for the actual summer.
Hope the announcement will come soon about the party details, waiting to book our trip!

Hear you on the heat Sherry....we've had such a mild winter and spring here the Seattle area...been in 70-80 the past few days, this is our July/August weather. Most people don't have A/C here either. Makes me a bit anxious for the actual summer.
Hope the announcement will come soon about the party details, waiting to book our trip!

We live just north of you, just outside of Vancouver BC and yes it's been a HOT week. We had a couple of days where it was near 30C (90F) and are lucky because we live in a new subdivision and actually have central a/c. We were rather popular with our friends this week ;-) I am a little worried what the months of July and August will bring lol

We will be there 10/1-5. I sure hope there's a party during our stay.
'

We are staying about the same time 10/01 - 10/4. The airfare has already been purchased, we were able to book a SW round trip for 88.00. Now I am just using the waiting time to look into hotels.

We live just north of you, just outside of Vancouver BC and yes it's been a HOT week. We had a couple of days where it was near 30C (90F) and are lucky because we live in a new subdivision and actually have central a/c. We were rather popular with our friends this week ;-) I am a little worried what the months of July and August will bring lol

Hi neighbor! thankfully we are getting some cooler weather the next few days! your should charge an entrance fee LOL

hi :o) Does anyone know when the halloween special event tickets go on sale for Disneyland (Not Disney World) ??

Thanks!!
Welcome! You have come to the right place for disneyland information. We do not know when the halloween tickets go on sale yet because it has not been announced. If they follow the pattern of last year they will announce sometime in July. WDW is a little different because everything is scheduled 180 days in advance, DL is more of a 60 days out. You might find the first several posts of this thread a helpful read while you are waiting for the big news ;)

Hi! I have two quick questions. First, should I expect prices for the Halloween party to go up in price from last year? Will they still be around $65-$70 do you think?

And second, We will only be there for two days- the Monday and Tuesday before Halloween. We will attend the party one night (hopefully our stay will coincide with a party, maybe Monday?), but won't be buying tickets for that day. So we will only be in the park from 4-close. I'm wondering everyone's opinion- would it be best to spend the second day (our only full day) again at Disneyland Park (if that's where the party will be), or should we do California Adventure the next day? We love both parks. I'm just wondering if we'll be able to accomplish a lot of our "musts" during the party, or if everything will be super busy. We normally travel during low crowd times.

Sorry that second question was a bit convoluted. I hope it makes sense.

Hi! I have two quick questions. First, should I expect prices for the Halloween party to go up in price from last year? Will they still be around $65-$70 do you think?

And second, We will only be there for two days- the Monday and Tuesday before Halloween. We will attend the party one night (hopefully our stay will coincide with a party, maybe Monday?), but won't be buying tickets for that day. So we will only be in the park from 4-close. I'm wondering everyone's opinion- would it be best to spend the second day (our only full day) again at Disneyland Park (if that's where the party will be), or should we do California Adventure the next day? We love both parks. I'm just wondering if we'll be able to accomplish a lot of our "musts" during the party, or if everything will be super busy. We normally travel during low crowd times.

Hi there! :wave::wave: :banana:

Question #1 -- My guess is that the tickets will increase in price a bit -- maybe by a few dollars -- but not too drastically, unless there is something major and different happening with the party this year that would warrant a bigger increase. As usual, there will probably be discounts available for AP holders, Disney Visa card holders and DVC members for certain nights, but other nights will not be discounted at all (which likely will include your night).

Question #2 -- Personally, if getting Park Hoppers is not an option, then I would probably choose to do one park on one day and the other park on the other day.

By the way, if there is a Halloween Party on your Monday or Tuesday night you can get into Disneyland at 3 p.m. The 4 p.m. entrance is generally for Fridays (and probably weekend night parties too). It will be extra crowded from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., before all of the non-party guests have to exit the park. So those 3 hours may be a little frustrating in terms of doing certain things in DL that you want to do, but you'll manage. Then, when the actual party starts, most rides will be operating and many of them will have shorter lines (see Question #13 for the list of rides that were closed during the party in 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ut-halloween-time-2015.3270919/#post-51326916, and note that the Halloween Carnival was open at the very beginning of the party or just before the party started, but closed shortly thereafter).

You said you love both parks, so I think it all boils down to how many attractions you want to do in Disneyland and how many you want to do in California Adventure. If you think you will need a lot of extra time in DL, then you might want to skip DCA and do DL on the second day too. However, since we have not yet heard what -- if anything -- might be happening in DCA this year during Halloween Time, we don't know if there will be a "must-do" in that park. Hopefully, the mysteries of Halloween Time and the Halloween Party will be solved within the next few weeks, and then we will all know exactly what we're up against and how to plan!

So I need a little clarification about the discount tickets. I did search the thread but I am still not sure on the answer. It lists that there is a disney rewards visa discount but does that also apply to the disney debit card as well? I feel that sometimes they are used interchangeably. Thanks!

Welcome! You have come to the right place for disneyland information. We do not know when the halloween tickets go on sale yet because it has not been announced. If they follow the pattern of last year they will announce sometime in July. WDW is a little different because everything is scheduled 180 days in advance, DL is more of a 60 days out. You might find the first several posts of this thread a helpful read while you are waiting for the big news ;)
Thankyou ! Im flying all the way from Australia just to see Disneyland during the halloween period. id hate to miss out of the event tickets - ill keep keeping my eyes peeled :)

Thankyou ! Im flying all the way from Australia just to see Disneyland during the halloween period. id hate to miss out of the event tickets - ill keep keeping my eyes peeled :)
Welcome! And that makes 2 of us - I am from Sydney :goodvibes Have you done Halloween at DL before? This will be our first.

If it were me I would go ahead and plan to get park hopper tickets for that second day so that you have the flexibility of going into both parks. You'll probably find that you're able to do much of what you want at DLP on Monday night but not everything. If you have a hopper you can go in right when the park opens and finish up there then move to DCA at lunch time for the rest of the day. :)

So I need a little clarification about the discount tickets. I did search the thread but I am still not sure on the answer. It lists that there is a disney rewards visa discount but does that also apply to the disney debit card as well? I feel that sometimes they are used interchangeably. Thanks!

Yes, indeed, the Disney Visa debit can get you the discount as well! (I have the debit card too.) Just as long as you have some form of a Disney Visa -- credit or debit card --- and use that card to buy your tickets, then the discount will be applied. However, unless something different happens this year, in order for the Disney Visa folks and DVC people to get the discounts applied, they will have to call the phone number that is referenced in the MHP FAQ and order the tickets that way. So far, only the Annual Pass holders are able to order their discounted tickets online (when they go on sale), but the other discounted tickets have to be purchased over the phone.

The good thing is that the Disney Visa and DVC people can get their tickets at the same time the AP holders can get theirs -- so they all get a jump start on the general public's sales.

Joining as well! Going on a few day trip in October so we can enjoy all the decorations and the kids and Trick-or-treat. :) Can't decide whether to stay over Halloween or go the week before. I'll have to do some research!

Whoever said they're over summer already, I'm right there with you. We just moved from Maine late last year so this is our first California summer. And while we're up in the San Bernadino mountains, it's still HOT! And it's not even officially summer yet! No East Coast mugginess though, that's a plus!

Anyway, I am SO READY for fall! I actually made muffins last night and put in pumpkin pie spice just so I could smell a bit of fall :)

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread, but I'll mention it here -- if you happen to visit a 99 Cents Only Store near you (which is a treasure trove of good finds), you may find a supply of Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts, which were part of the Pumpkin Pandemonium last year. My 99 Cents Only Store has tons of boxes of them, and for 99 cents it's a good deal. I didn't get any when I was there the other day, but I suspect that they will still be there if I go back. I might get a box, just to taste a little bit of fall -- although I generally don't eat Pop Tarts.

They had 99 cent Edy's/Dreyer's Peppermint Wonderland ice cream too, which was an even better deal, seeing as that ice cream costs $5.99 - $6.99 when it's not on sale.

I guess that stores like 99 Cents Only and Grocery Outlet get in all of the leftover seasonal goodies that the other stores couldn't sell.

Joining as well! Going on a few day trip in October so we can enjoy all the decorations and the kids and Trick-or-treat. :) Can't decide whether to stay over Halloween or go the week before. I'll have to do some research!

Whoever said they're over summer already, I'm right there with you. We just moved from Maine late last year so this is our first California summer. And while we're up in the San Bernadino mountains, it's still HOT! No East Coast mugginess though, that's a plus!

Anyway, I am SO READY for fall! I actually made muffins last night and put in pumpkin pie spice just so I could smell a bit of fall :)

Welcome to the Halloween Time Superthread! :welcome:

So, are you going to DLR for both Halloween Time and the Holidays this year? I know you were tossing around the two different sets of holiday season dates. I can't think of a better way to finish off the last few months of the year than with Disneyland at Halloween Time and Disneyland during the holiday season! :banana:

I am the one who initially spoke up and said I was over summer already (even though it has not even technically begun yet) :guilty:, and, fortunately, it seems that a few other folks here feel the same, so I am not alone! Bring on the fall!!! :hyper:

Actually, if we're just talking about 'things' associated with summer -- lovely flowers, berries, peaches, the ocean, the beach, BBQs, pool parties, lemonade, picnics, piers and boardwalks, etc. -- I love all of those things if I have access to them. The problem I have is simply the super hot weather. It just ruins everything for me because it makes me ill. If it could just stay a nice, reasonable 70 degrees or so, all summer long, I would be a much bigger fan of summer. I just can't deal with the really harsh heat. And, sadly, late summer/early fall can often be the hottest time of the year. :headache: Last year it didn't even start to feel like fall in Los Angeles until Halloween night, when it was a bit windy and I think there was either a chance of rain, or it had just rained. Then, in mid-to-late-November-ish, the morning air began to get really crisp, whereas in summer, the morning air usually doesn't feel all that cool and crisp.

If you do end up at Disneyland on Halloween, you will see the beginnings of the holiday decorations going up but of course it won't be in full holiday mode for another couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter