HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question! Does anyone have the times for the Monsters U Dance Party/Scare Contest? I know Ive seen all of this information somewhere before, but I cant find it to save my life right now.

Here's what my DGS7 and I were dressed like during our MHP on the 8th.

10319064783_8727554b54_b.jpg

We did have fun, but I'm not sure I would do it again. One funny thing happened...TWICE! We went on Star Tours 3 times, and twice I was selected at the Rebel Spy....and then the Transmission was....Yoda! LOL...oops. I just said it was a prerecorded message! LOL

Diana

I love the costumes!!! That sounded pretty funny about the ST thing. I have never been picked even dressed up as a cat.

Is there a list of cs restaurants that are open during the party? Our MHP day is our first park day so we are planning on coming in at 3, hoping to hit a few rides, then toontown at 5. Hit some treat trails and then have a quick dinner. Hoping it will be before 6 when we eat, but wanted to know what was open just in case. TIA!

Here's what my DGS7 and I were dressed like during our MHP on the 8th. We did have fun, but I'm not sure I would do it again. One funny thing happened...TWICE! We went on Star Tours 3 times, and twice I was selected at the Rebel Spy....and then the Transmission was....Yoda! LOL...oops. I just said it was a prerecorded message! LOL Diana

I saw you two in Toon Town, you guys looked fantastic. Such a cool Grandma!!! :-)

Is there a list of cs restaurants that are open during the party? Our MHP day is our first park day so we are planning on coming in at 3, hoping to hit a few rides, then toontown at 5. Hit some treat trails and then have a quick dinner. Hoping it will be before 6 when we eat, but wanted to know what was open just in case. TIA!

Check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179899. You should have lots of CS options.

I saw you two in Toon Town, you guys looked fantastic. Such a cool Grandma!!! :-)

Thank you Pinup Mommy...I'm not sure on the "Cool" part, but I do try to have fun with him. I have had custody of him since he was a year and a half old, but he has always lived in our home. His mother, my daughter, has MAJOR priority issues, and hasn't lived in our home since he was two and a half, so I play the role of Grandma as well as Mother. (His father passed away two years ago.) It can get tricky and I'm certainly not as young as I used to be, but I don't want him to realize that his Grandma is older than the rest of the Mommies. LOL He truly is a blessing to me and we try to have fun! That's why he was able to talk me into dressing up as Yoda! He had already picked to be a Jedi. LOL Next time I need to think of something BEFORE I discuss this with him. LOL

I'm home from our vacation!! I'll post pictures later, I have a bunch to go through.

Most of you guys know I'm a big Halloween fan. However, I think in the future we'll skip the party. This year just wasn't as much fun as last year. Everything I wanted to do I could do during regular park hours save for the fireworks. Oh, yes, you can see the fireworks from IASW and they do projections on the facade. In fact, the projections were bigger and they were able do do more with the IASW face than the "ball" by the castle. The only down fall is the bit of whiplash you may get looking at IASW and turning back toward the castle, the fireworks surround you lol.

DH came with us this time, so that may have contributed to the grumpy lookout (he doesn't get the magic and sometimes it rubs off on me). We went to the party on the 11th. The crowds were bigger (I think) than last year both for the party and regular park day crowds. This year we were able to experience two week days and the parks were MUCH lighter. Saturday and Sunday were crazy busy, like summer weekend busy.

Next year DH said we could do a longer stay and go mostly during the week. So we've decided to do the week after Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully we'll get the lighter crowds and we get to see the Christmas season stuff.

I think had I not gone to the first Halloween party and had the advantage of reading reports and knew what to expect I would have enjoyed myself much more at the MHP I attended.

So my PSA ~ those who have not attended and are getting nervous by our disappointments~ read the reports- follow the advice of the peeps who had a great time and go in with a plan!!!

I think had I not gone to the first Halloween party and had the advantage of reading reports and knew what to expect I would have enjoyed myself much more at the MHP I attended.

So my PSA ~ those who have not attended and are getting nervous by our disappointments~ read the reports- follow the advice of the peeps who had a great time and go in with a plan!!!

That is what we are doing...going in with a plan. The only disappointment I might have is if the fireworks are cancelled.

Our plan is to hit the treat trails in TT, and maybe get a pic with Chip and Dale, then around the time the rest of the party starts head through FL to the Big Thunder Ranch for pics with Toy Story characters. Then cover the Frontierland, NOS, Critter Country area treat trails and make our way over to Main Street (hopefully around the time the 1st parade has ended) to watch fireworks. Then check out villains area, and hit treat trails in TL and maybe get pics with Stormtroopers.

A couple questions about this plan.

1. Since I want to be in NOS early during the party, what time do the Dapper Dans 1st appear? The only map I've seen is from a Friday party that says 7:45. Is this time the same for a weekday party? Do they not come out until 1 hour and 45 minutes into the party?

2. How late do the Stormtroopers stay out? Are they there until the final minutes of the party?

Thank you Pinup Mommy...I'm not sure on the "Cool" part, but I do try to have fun with him. I have had custody of him since he was a year and a half old, but he has always lived in our home. His mother, my daughter, has MAJOR priority issues, and hasn't lived in our home since he was two and a half, so I play the role of Grandma as well as Mother. (His father passed away two years ago.) It can get tricky and I'm certainly not as young as I used to be, but I don't want him to realize that his Grandma is older than the rest of the Mommies. LOL He truly is a blessing to me and we try to have fun! That's why he was able to talk me into dressing up as Yoda! He had already picked to be a Jedi. LOL Next time I need to think of something BEFORE I discuss this with him. LOL
You sound like a great grandmother/mother. :goodvibes I somewhat know what that's like, because I have my two nieces with me A LOT of the time. My sister, their mom, lives in Spain, and they say I'm like their "US Mommy," and she's their "Spain Mommy." Lol. Kids are so cute :love:

Good advice. That's definitely what we plan on doing. Luckily, if we mess something up the first time, we have two more parties to do and therefor, two more chances to get it right. By the third MHP, we should be pros lol. :thumbsup2

Which entrance should we go through when entering at 3pm with party tickets only? We are staying at PPH...Do we have to go through the main entrance, or can we take the monorail and go in through tomorrowland?

Your costumes were great! Comend you I do! :cheer2:

I work in the school system and it still surprises me how many parents just never step up to the plate. You are a wonderful Grand-Mommy! :) Can't wait to see what he comes up with for next year! Haha!

I agree! You are AWESOME!!! And I know you were having health issues before and during and you still went....what a trooper! And I'm sure your grandson had an amazing trip he will NEVER forget!! =) You rock!!!

One more day before I go to MHP!!!! I was only able to get ticket for the 18th. Next year I know know I'm going twice if not more than that.

Good advice. That's definitely what we plan on doing. Luckily, if we mess something up the first time, we have two more parties to do and therefor, two more chances to get it right. By the third MHP, we should be pros lol. :thumbsup2

So what should our plan be? We are going on the 21st party as well. Do share!! lol I need help! :confused3 What time do you plan on being dressed in costume and in the park?

dddarrington --

As you are doing for your grandson, my grandmother played the role of mother to me -- as well as grandma. She was the one who was responsible for my discovering Disneyland in the first place and becoming a lifelong fan, as well as the one who made every birthday and every holiday special. I know it wasn't always easy on her -- she was getting older and had health/money issues, as well as just being plain tired! But she did her best to make sure I had some fun as a kid!

You are doing a wonderful thing, and you are helping to create some amazing memories for your grandson that he will always treasure!:goodvibes

So what should our plan be? We are going on the 21st party as well. Do share!! lol I need help! :confused3 What time do you plan on being dressed in costume and in the park?

Okay, well, here's my plan (or outline of one... I'm still trying to get my party priorities in order lol): The first MHP we attend, I've decided there will be no dressing up. I want to "test the waters," as it were, so I'm saving the extra task of getting ready for the second party we're doing (on the 23rd). I've made us (group of four) a reservation at Blue Bayou before MHP starts, at 5 o'clock I think. We plan on going into the park a little before our ressie and not leaving again until after the party's over. Once we're all checked in and everything has started, I expect it to be busy (which I may be wrong about but I always say to plan for the worst, hope for the best). We'll start by doing "minor" attractions and shopping in order to avoid crowds and long lines, also called "keeping my crowd-hating nieces and fiancé happy," lol. Once things cool down (+crosses fingers+), we'll take advantage of any and all shorter lines we see for the more popular rides. Trick-or-treating will wait until the very very very end of the night, right before we're about to leave. I hope to find us a spot for the fireworks via Main Street as early as possible, hopefully an hour or more. If we decide to see the parade and find a spot to watch it, awesome, but it's not a huge priority (at least not for our first MHP). After trick-or-treating, we'll leave. And on the 23rd, when we do our second MHP, I plan to correct any mistakes I've made or repeat any successes, save for a few changes (I want to be in-costume and ready twenty minutes before the party officially begins, then head over to the park all set to go). I'm definitely not an MHP expert by any stretch of the imagination, but from what I've read here and via trip reports, I think---or hope---we'll be able to manage our time wisely/avoid massive swarms of people. :hyper:

Thank you! My next step will be finding a place to eat in the park for dinner then. Nothing worse then hungry cranky kids late at night! For some reason I always forget to eat while running around Disney. My husband says its because Im too excited and am afraid I will miss something. I think he nailed it. Im worse then the kids. I get back to the hotel and binge eat whatever I can because I realized im starved. :upsidedow

Grandmothers are very special , he is blessed that you are such a big part of his life.

My favorite memory of my Nana is when I convinced her to learn how to ride a bike. I was 8 years old at the time, Nana was in her late 50's. Kids don't remember your age or what you bought... time spent together is what is important. She is 87 now and still loves to share our Bike Story.

I like that you are already planning a costume for next time. As I said, very cool :-)

Thank you! My next step will be finding a place to eat in the park for dinner then. Nothing worse then hungry cranky kids late at night! For some reason I always forget to eat while running around Disney. My husband says its because Im too excited and am afraid I will miss something. I think he nailed it. Im worse then the kids. I get back to the hotel and binge eat whatever I can because I realized im starved. :upsidedow

A lot of my friends have the same eating affliction when they go to Disneyland. Also, a good deal of them are under the impression that there's no good food/restaurants in all of the resort. :sad2: My nieces are super gourmet eaters (they've traveled basically across the globe and are good at sampling even the weirdest foods lol). I've made it a top priority to eat at all the "fancier" restaurants whenever we go, and they love it. Especially Blue Bayou (which I definitely recommend). :thumbsup2 Okay, so I have an MHP question, DISers: Are the characters during the party limited to just the meet-and-greet spots listed on the map, or do they walk around freely as well? Also, I've heard that in some cases, the character meet-and-greets are connected to the treat trails... how does this work? I'm a little confused and want to make sure that if you're in a treat trail line, the characters aren't going to be right next to you (reason being that my five-year-old niece is pretty freaked out by them). Can someone please-oh-please explain?? TIA :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter