Newpins.jpg

The party pins -

Partypins.jpg

Some pics of stuff around the stores -

Stuff03.jpg

Stuff02.jpg

Stuff01.jpg

Stuff05.jpg

And I got a few new pins for my "collection." Not all Halloween related and a few were from trades -

Newpins04.jpg

Newpins03.jpg

Newpins02.jpg

Newpins01.jpg

The Tour was basically a five ride Fastpass - Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Space Mountain and HTH with a fun story of a "quest." Bit of a bummer because I don't do roller coasters and already did HTH once before and that was enough for me. I was thinking it was a behind the scenes with ghost stories of the park.

I will be setting up a Photobucket in the next couple days of the trip.

Jim

Hey does anyone know where the people who were already in the parks on Friday went to get their wristbands? I thought last year people went to the Jolly Holiday area since it was still under construction ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong ). Now that is up and running, I was wondering where people had to go this year.
We went to just inside Fronteirland. The line started on the bridge off of the hub. Have Fun!
Sue

Loving all the pictures!!! I'll be there next week. Already told my DH that we are taking our laptop to post pictures every night. I can't wait :cheer2:

rowan1813 said:
Hey does anyone know where the people who were already in the parks on Friday went to get their wristbands? I thought last year people went to the Jolly Holiday area since it was still under construction ( somebody correct me if I'm wrong ). Now that is up and running, I was wondering where people had to go this year.

In Frontierland by the pin trading area.

So excited to be going to Napa Rose, celebrate anniversary, and first Halloween Disneyland Party. We were in WDW for our honeymoon 8 years ago and did the Halloween party then.

My hubby went as Grumpy one year and all the kids thought he was Santa. There was a guy dressed as Santa and my hubby said to him, "bet they think you're Grumpy":rotfl2:

Well back home.

The Tour was basically a five ride Fastpass - Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Space Mountain and HTH with a fun story of a "quest." Bit of a bummer because I don't do roller coasters and already did HTH once before and that was enough for me. I was thinking it was a behind the scenes with ghost stories of the park.

I will be setting up a Photobucket in the next couple days of the trip.

Jim

Oh boy, I hope the tour is more than a five ride fastpass. We have three people in our group that do not do rollercoasters either. Where does the tour start and end? Which ride is HTH? Do they give you time to add the ride photos to your photopass plus? Is the tour only in DL or is some of it in DCA like previous years?

I hope you had a fabulous time! (love the photos!)

:dance3:

modegard said:
Oh boy, I hope the tour is more than a five ride fastpass. We have three people in our group that do not do rollercoasters either. Where does the tour start and end? Which ride is HTH? Do they give you time to add the ride photos to your photopass plus? Is the tour only in DL or is some of it in DCA like previous years?

I hope you had a fabulous time! (love the photos!)

:dance3:

I did the HH tour a week and a half ago with my 12 yr old DD. We had a blast!!!

It was a fun quest/adventure centered around 5 rides. I won't give away too much as it was fun let it unfold.

It started in DL and ended in CA. If roller coasters are a no-go then it might be a bit of an issue, but some people sat out a ride or two. I am not giving any spoilers as this is available on the DIS boards and the Disney site. The tour includes Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Matterhorn, Ghost Galaxy (space mountain) and TOT.

I was allowed to get the photos onto my FP... But had to be quick about it. I took a pic of the number with my phone in case I needed to go back.

I knew what to expect by reading trip reports and calling Disney. It was so much fun!!!!!! There were families with children ranging in age of about 9 being the youngest in our group to older teens/young adults with their parents. There were a couple singles and couples sans children. The group was small... 18. I think they take 20 max. I was so impressed and had so much fun I signed DH and DS(8) up for the Discover The Magic Tour the next day. They had a great time on that too!

I have locker question for MHP. How many times are you allowed to get into your locker? Me and a friend of mine are going to rent a locker for the 19th. We are planning on getting there before the party starts. We are renting the locker for putting a larger soft bag w/ wheels to use after the to take our candy out of there. I know we'll at least do one candy drop. I'm going to try to rent a locker again for the 23rd.

I did the HH tour a week and a half ago with my 12 yr old DD. We had a blast!!!

It was a fun quest/adventure centered around 5 rides. I won't give away too much as it was fun let it unfold.

It started in DL and ended in CA. If roller coasters are a no-go then it might be a bit of an issue, but some people sat out a ride or two. I am not giving any spoilers as this is available on the DIS boards and the Disney site. The tour includes Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Matterhorn, Ghost Galaxy (space mountain) and TOT.

I was allowed to get the photos onto my FP... But had to be quick about it. I took a pic of the number with my phone in case I needed to go back.

I knew what to expect by reading trip reports and calling Disney. It was so much fun!!!!!! There were families with children ranging in age of about 9 being the youngest in our group to older teens/young adults with their parents. There were a couple singles and couples sans children. The group was small... 18. I think they take 20 max. I was so impressed and had so much fun I signed DH and DS(8) up for the Discover The Magic Tour the next day. They had a great time on that too!

Awesome! We are a group of 13 ranging in age from 4 to 70. We are doing the Ultimate Experience so I am wondering if we will still end in DCA. Would be odd to end there when the Halloween party will be starting in DL. I will have to wait and see I guess! Glad to hear I can get the ride photos. Thanks so much!

:yay:

modegard said:
Awesome! We are a group of 13 ranging in age from 4 to 70. We are doing the Ultimate Experience so I am wondering if we will still end in DCA. Would be odd to end there when the Halloween party will be starting in DL. I will have to wait and see I guess! Glad to hear I can get the ride photos. Thanks so much!

:yay:

No worries! It was a lot of fun!
I just did the tour... Not during the party so I am not sure if you would still end in CA.

The one ride that a couple people skipped was ghost galaxy... It may be a bit intense for the younger kids.

Take glow sticks for your group. Give them to the tour guide and other people in the group. When it started to get dark it was harder to see the group. I was afraid of losing them. Your tour will probably start later than ours did too. They used to give out glow necklaces as part of the tour.... They really should still do this IMHO! It was an oversight on my part as we took a ton of the glow sticks from Michael's for the nights we stayed for fireworks and WOC. I should have taken them for the tour.

Have fun!!!!!!!

I have locker question for MHP. How many times are you allowed to get into your locker? Me and a friend of mine are going to rent a locker for the 19th. We are planning on getting there before the party starts. We are renting the locker for putting a larger soft bag w/ wheels to use after the to take our candy out of there. I know we'll at least do one candy drop. I'm going to try to rent a locker again for the 23rd.

Locker entry is unlimited; just save your code. I take a photo of it just to be certain I won't lose it. I've not heard of wheeled luggage was allowed in the parks (even a soft bag) but maybe someone else can chime in for sure.

Last update for me from DLR (boo hoo - time to go home)...still no HM FP. The area is being used for the Jack & Sally meet and greet. Crowds are lighter today than yesterday...HM was about 20 minutes around 10:00 am.

Are Jack and Sally just during MHP? I'm confused as to if the character pairs (Jack and Sally, Captain Hook and Smee, etc.) are available during the day at Halloween time or only during the party.

And if anyone has any information on Star Wars character appearances either in the day or during the party I'd appreciate it. That's something my boys (including DH :rotfl:) would actually stand in line for.

Locker entry is unlimited; just save your code. I take a photo of it just to be certain I won't lose it. I've not heard of wheeled luggage was allowed in the parks (even a soft bag) but maybe someone else can chime in for sure.
For last year's party I took the soft sided insulated bag with wheels and stored it in a locker, no questions asked. We made numerous candy drops throughout the night. it was so full, we put an extra, filled bag, on top of it to wheel it out of the park.

Are Jack and Sally just during MHP? I'm confused as to if the character pairs (Jack and Sally, Captain Hook and Smee, etc.) are available during the day at Halloween time or only during the party.

Last year, I believe Jack and/or Sally were meetable not just for the Halloween season, but also during Christmastime. I met them as a pair on the morning of (I believe) the Monday after Thanksgiving. The line filled and was closed off VERY quickly, but that was a year ago. Not sure how the line runs now, if they might let folks wait for Jack and Sally to return to the area (like when Rapunzel takes a break), or if they cut off the line for breaks.

This year Jack and Sally were reported as doing meet-and-greets in the area with the (currently inoperable) Haunted Mansion Fastpass machines. I haven't heard how you see them during the parties this year.

With Disney seriously cutting back on villains this year, I don't think Captain Hook and Smee are out at all before the party.

I don't know much about Star Wars so I'll defer to others there.

For last year's party I took the soft sided insulated bag with wheels and stored it in a locker, no questions asked. We made numerous candy drops throughout the night. it was so full, we put an extra, filled bag, on top of it to wheel it out of the park.

I stand corrected. Good to know and thanks for the info! I wish I didn't have to transport all my delicious chocolate candy in a warm car to get home.

i leave in 2 hours woohoo see every one later ill try pop on dh's laptop off and on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter