• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween

battymum

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

I am booked on a trip over Halloween (as Australians - being there at Halloween was a happy coincidence and not on my mind when it was initially booked)

Anyway we are split staying between The boardwalk and wilderness lodge - arriving at WL on the 1st of November.

We really want to come and look at the Halloween setups at the campground - obviously this will be easier to do while we are at WL - so my question is, will we be missing anything by touring the fort on 1st November?

We don't have children with us, so no trick or treating is ok.
I know it seems early to ask, but I have to lock in my plans fairly soon so I can make adr's.

Or is it totally worth making the effort to come over on the 31st . ?

Being that the 31st is a Monday, I believe any decorated sites would still be that way on Tuesday the 1st of November. Can't imagine everyone taking them down overnight. We have not stayed over Halloween, but just my thoughts looking at the dates.

There will still be plenty of sites decorated for you to see.

G'Day Mate!

It is actually quite surprising how quickly the decorations come down.
The transition from Halloween to Thanksgiving (or even Christmas at some sites) will be complete within a week.
We put up a pretty elaborate display each year and it's all packed up and stowed away November 1st.

October 31st is crazy busy! October 30th, or even earlier, is a better time to visit.
If you wait until November 1st you'll miss at least a third of the displays and by the second they'll be half gone.
Come early, it's worth the trip. Catch a boat from the Magic Kingdom and stroll around the camping loops!

Here's a picture of our site from last year . . .
2015%20WDW%20Halloween_0310.jpg

If I were you, make ever effort to get to FW on 31st or before, unless you are in the park for that night. You could also visit FW on the 30th. You may be able to get a inter resort taxi, cause we all know you have dinner reservations at FW the night of 30th........ If you are at MK one night, there is an easy boat over to FW(walk straight out of MK and its the boat dock on the right.) You can then walk loops and catch a cool refreshing beverage, before hopping the boat back to MK.

Thanks for the replies.

I think we will make every effort to be there on the 31st - it sounds like an event not to be missed - I have rearranged my schedule to suit - . (Trying to fit everything Walt Disney World has to offer in 12 days is complicated business.

Another option - we are staying at Bay Lake Tower from the 23 - 26th - would that be too early.

For me, before or after would be better. The 31st is going to be a transportation/walking around the Ft nightmare with trick or treaters. I think before would be better.

I'll weigh in with 2goofycampers . . . earlier might be better. You cannot believe how busy Oct 31st is.
It would be very entertaining for you on Halloween night - but - there are huge crowds of trick-or-treaters prowling the loops, and some amazingly decorated golf carts add to the congestion.

Just remember - you WILL NOT be allowed to enter with a car on Halloween. They will turn you back at the gate.
Last year some of our friends who came to visit us that morning had to park at Wilderness Lodge and come over by boat.
There will be plenty of decorations to see by October 23rd and it will get better each day until the 31st.

If you do decide to come on the 31st and fight the crowds, plan to arrive in time for the golf cart parade, usually at 5:00 p.m.
Last year there were about 140 carts in the parade, all decorated for the season!
You can watch last year's parade here:

The costumed pet contest is usually held about 3:00 p.m. on Oct 30th.
You can watch last year's event here:

Whatever day you come, you're sure to enjoy yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter