Halloween Weekend with our Favorite Disney CM...new PTR LINK p. 16

Every time I read one of your reports I want Chick-Fil-A so bad lol I have never had it before!! I'm deprived!

Anxious to hear more popcorn::

I think she is applying to work at epcot in the canadian pavillion and she wants to do the sales part of it in the sales queue. She said she has to do the other phone interview for some reason and then after that she will meet face to face with someone and then hopefully off to florida

Hi Joanna! She is really enjoying the CP so far. I don't know how she's going to survive when she comes home in January. I have a feeling she'll end up back in Disney somehow after she graduates!

Nothing wrong with that! :teeth:

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences since we were there at the same time :thumbsup2

I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the trip! :goodvibes

I'm glad you had an uneventful flight.

Hey there! I'm new to the posting world around here, but I found your spring TR link on your signature on someone else's TR. (Caretames1, I think!) I read the entire thing and I really enjoyed it! I was a little too late to comment, however, so I decided to follow along with this one! Hope you had a great trip, even though it was short! (My last one was only 2 full days as well!)

P.S. If I'm remembering correctly from your last TR, you ate Chick-Fil-A at MCO... YUM. :love:

Every time I read one of your reports I want Chick-Fil-A so bad lol I have never had it before!! I'm deprived!

Anxious to hear more popcorn::

haha, you should try it on one of your upcoming trips. It is well worth the stop!

Awesome Sarah, Now hopefully I can keep up! :goodvibes

Hi Colleen! :wave2:

I think she is applying to work at epcot in the canadian pavillion and she wants to do the sales part of it in the sales queue. She said she has to do the other phone interview for some reason and then after that she will meet face to face with someone and then hopefully off to florida

Ahh, that's cool. Good luck to her.

Nothing wrong with that! :teeth:

No there's not!

I'm in!

I can't wait to hear about MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Fest!

MNSSHP and F&WF are a lot of fun. :)

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences since we were there at the same time :thumbsup2

Yes, it is always cool reading TRs from people who were there at the same time.

I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the trip! :goodvibes

I'm glad you had an uneventful flight.

Yay! I can't wait to share our trip, even though it was so short.

Hey there! I'm new to the posting world around here, but I found your spring TR link on your signature on someone else's TR. (Caretames1, I think!) I read the entire thing and I really enjoyed it! I was a little too late to comment, however, so I decided to follow along with this one! Hope you had a great trip, even though it was short! (My last one was only 2 full days as well!)

P.S. If I'm remembering correctly from your last TR, you ate Chick-Fil-A at MCO... YUM. :love:

Welcome and thanks for posting! Glad you enjoyed my spring TR.

Yup, you are right about Chick-Fil-A! SOOOO good.

Welcome!

Friday, October 28, 2011 cont'd (part 2)

Once we touched down in Orlando, Mom told me that I could have the honors of calling Emma to let her know we made it. The plan was to have her meet us at Saratoga Springs and then we would head over to the Animal Kingdom if the rain stayed away. It was sort of cloudy out so we were hoping it wouldn't start raining again.

Thanks to our seats near the front of the plane we were able to get off quickly. I always love that feeling of setting foot in MCO knowing you have the whole trip ahead of you. And what better way to kick off our trip than to grab some lunch at, yes, you guessed it-Chick-Fil-A!!! We boarded the airport monorail (which was filled with people from our flight-everyone had on Packers gear it seemed) and when we got to the main terminal we headed to the food court. Mom and I got some of the delicious chicken nuggets and Dad ordered a chicken sandwich. We all split the waffle fries. YUM!

Now that we had our food, we could make our way to the Disney Welcome Center to board the Magical Express! I don't know if we just have good luck but it seems like there is never anybody there when we arrive. We were able to quickly get in line for the bus to SSR and waited literally two seconds before they let us board. YEAH!! I'd say the bus was about half full so it was easy to find a seat. I chose the left side of the bus so I could get a picture of the sign at the entrance to Saratoga Springs. haha When I was settled I called Emma to tell her we were on our way. The thing about the CP is that if you don't have a car, you have to rely on the bus transportation. Well, Emma doesn't have a car with her so she told us she'd be able to get the bus from her apartment complex to SSR-apparently it makes a ton of other stops first because it was going to take almost an hour before stopping at SSR. So, I told her to call us once she arrived and then we'd finally be able to meet up! :hug:

Before long we were pulling out and were on our way to Disney World...yippee!
100_7604.jpg

I had to take a picture of those yummy chicken nuggets.
100_7605.jpg

It really is too bad there are no Chick-Fil-As around here. :sad2: Oh well, I guess it just makes it more special then when we're in FL. :)

Like always, the bus ride was fun-it's always nice to watch the "grand circle tour" video and see all of the familiar sights on the way from the airport to the WDW grounds. The best one of all, though, has to be this sight:
100_7606.jpg

So it's not the greatest picture but considering I was on the wrong side and halfway back it's not terrible. Not long after that we found ourselves getting closer and closer to home:
100_7607.jpg

DISNEY VACATION CLUB WAY!!! Since the bus to SSR usually stops at OKW too, I was thinking we'd stop there first. It turns out nobody on the bus was going there, which I was actually kind of sad about-I wanted to show Dad where our building was when Claire and I stayed there in April (turns out he also wanted me to show him...oh well). The good news is that meant Saratoga Springs was the first stop. It was exciting driving down Vacation Club Way and seeing some of the buildings. I know SSR is not the most popular of the DVC resorts but I am SO glad it's our home.

Here we are!
100_7608.jpg

Home sweet home! :goodvibes
100_7609.jpg

I tried to take a picture of some of the buildings as we drove toward the Carriage House but the trees were in the way.
100_7610.jpg

When we arrived at the Carriage House we thanked our driver and went to check in. There was a friendly CM waiting and asked if he could be of any assistance. Dad told him we were checking in so he directed Dad to the online check-in desk. Mom and I waited while Dad picked up our welcome packet. I also took a picture of the guy who was greeting guests...

100_7611.jpg

hehe, love his costume.

Even though it was still early, our room was ready for us. Congress Park #1236. Woot, we love Congress Park (if you're not familiar with SSR, it's the section closest to DTD) and always request it. We ended up walking to our room and relaxed for a while as we waited for Emma to call back.

up next: Time to see my sister and our first park!!!

Yay, I love arriving at MCO and knowing you have your whole trip ahead of you, it's awesome! I always feel so bad for the people getting on the mini monorail, going to catch flights home! I know not everyone in Orlando is coming from WDW, but I always assume they are! :laughing:

Glad you got your requested section at SSR! I'd really like to stay there someday, it looks really pretty! :thumbsup2

Chik-fil-a! I was so sad when they changed their frying oil, the french fries aren't quite as tasty now as they were before (we go pretty much every time my boyfriend is homesick for the South). Love their special sauce!

I've never stayed there but I love Saratoga Springs! Who wouldn't love a horse-themed resort? And those costumes are awesome.

That is a long bus ride for your sister! But I'm guessing there's not very much traffic over to those resorts? I can't imagine having to do that for a commute!

Three of the best words ever in a phrase a.k.a. the best road name ever- "Vacation Club Way". :rotfl:

Love the SSR pictures! It wasn't our first choice but I am now so excited to be staying there in December.

Your Chik-Fil-A tradition is great, if if was closer it might not be as special when arriving at MCO. :)

How lovely that you didn't have to wait for the Magical Express!

SSR is so pretty and peaceful looking. I wonder why people don't like it as much as the others? Because it is not next to a park?

Hooray for Chick-fil-a and Disney! :laughing: You should write Chick-fil-a and ask them to expand in to the Mid-west! The stores seem to do well wherever I see them so I'm sure they'd be a hit up there too. Who doesn't like fried chicken?!?!
I have one about 5 minutes from my house. I can totally see how it would be a great treat if I only got to have it once in a blue moon. Have you ever tried their milkshakes? They're really yummy and hand mixed, not the kind from a dispenser machine like they have at most fast food places.

I can't believe yall don't have a Chick-Fil-A! But you're right, now it's like a special Disney thing. :goodvibes
Saratoga Springs looks beautiful! I would love to stay there, I wonder why it's not as popular as some of the others? :confused3 Looks great to me!
Looking forward to yall meeting up with your sister!

Ok so I'm pretty sure you've convinced me to get Chik-Fil-A in MCO...but we'll have to get it before our flight home because I'm always like a 5 year old and want to go right to DME when we get off the plane lol

Yay for SSR! I'm not sure if you've had a chance to read my latest PTR update but that's where we're going to be booked for our honeymoon at 11 months out :thumbsup2 My friend owns there and if we aren't able to get BWV or BCV at 7 months, we'll stay there. I see you like Congress Park the best...I'm indecisive as to where I'll request. What suggestions would you have? Do you know the order of the bus route? I like that Grandstand is the first bus stop when we are returning from the parks but I don't want to sit on the bus for 40 mins in the mornings going through all the stops before leaving for the parks!

I'm not sure why SSR isn't loved like the other DVC resorts...everything I've seen of it looks GORGEOUS!

Yay! You made it to SSR :woohoo: I really want to stay there next trip. I feel like it was made for me since it's all horse racing/horse themed, which is my favourite animal. Plus the close proximity to DTD helps too ;) Can't wait to see more pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter