Halloween vs. Christmas

JCandKT

Stay Outta the Damn Lake! Members of Red Sox Nati
We're graduating in May 2013 (yay!) and we're trying to decide whether to have our 2nd Honeymoon/Graduation present vacation in Sept/Oct for Halloween or to wait for Christmas.

For Halloween, I was thinking 2 nights at AKL/AK, 2 nights at Universal Studios (for Halloween Horror Nights) and 6 nights at BC (and also doMNSSHP).

We've never been at Christmas...

What do you think?

If you are thinking about going over the Christmas holidays then go Halloween to avoid the insane crowds. If you can go the second or third week of December, you'll have the best of the decorations with not as many people. The Christmas decorations are pretty magnificent.

But it sounds to me you have already planned on going for Halloween. Whenever you go, enjoy yourself and congratulations on graduating. DD graduates in May as well. We have our own special plans.

We went the second week if December last year fir Disapalooza. The crowd level was very low! We went to Osbourne lights and had the streets to ourselves!

Halloweenqueen said:
We went the second week of December last year for Disapalooza. The crowd level was very low! We went to Osbourne lights and had the streets to ourselves!

Darn autocorrect!

You have to decide if you like Christmas or Halloween better, also the weather. I like it cooler and I love Christmas so I go in the middle of December as often as I can. Both are wonderful.

We love both!

Go the 3rd week of October for Halloween. Temps are usually lower, crowds aren't bad. PLUS... you have the bonus of Food and Wine!

Since you have 6 nights at the Beach Club in your plan- I think you might already know this! ;)
And personally, while I do love the overall decorations better for Christmas, I much prefer MNSSHP over MVMCP.

But, if you do opt for Christmas- go early in December. The crowds are lower and you still get all the fun!

Of course I like Halloween more, but the OP stated they have never gone during Christmas. A holiday trip is worth it for the sight of Cinderella's castle alone.

I wonder what the podcast crew is cooking up for Disapalooza 2013. Last year we had a private party at Wizarding World of HP and a live podcast taping. It was one of the best trips ever! Maybe you could plan a trip to go to Disapalooza too!

If you've never been during the X-Mas season you should go. Just don't go the week between X-Mas and New Years.

There's so much to see at the parks and resorts during the holidays.

Some photos - rather than words.

CinderellasCastle_JCB_0506.jpg

Cinderella's Castle

Wilderness_Lodge_Lobby_2007_JCB_0193.jpg

Wilderness Lodge Christmas Tree

AKL_Christmas-Tree_2010_JCB0599.jpg

AKL Christmas Tree

JCB_0261600x402.jpg

Princess_Castle_Beechclub_2009_JCB_0316.jpg

Beach Club Castle

Gingerbread_Carousel_Stats_Beech_Clug_2009JCB_0323.jpg

Beach Club Carousel Sign

Dolphin_Christmas_Tree_2009_JCB_0390.jpg

Dolphin Christmas Tree

I think Jack just made the ultimate point here. :thumbsup2

Disney really does a spectacular job decorating for Christmas. Halloween is good but it doesn't even come close.

Both! We went to the last MNSSHP this year, and a couple of days after that, the Christmas decorations were up. So we got to enjoy the Halloween party (which was a blast) and then see the lovely Christmas decorations. The castle lighting for Christmas was absolutely gorgeous.

Since you are going for a 10 day trip, you could possibly hit the last night or two of MNSSHP, and catch the first day or two of the Christmas party as well.

The Halloween party is LIGHT YEARS better than the Christmas party, and the parade is better at MNSSHP, too.

Totally agree. The Halloween party is far superior. I think the Halloween party benefits from the lack of family friendly activities during that season. Depending where you live there are usually great holiday events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter