Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

One thing that HalloweenTime definitely has an advantage in over the Christmas season is the area above the turnstiles.

For Halloween, there are cute character pumpkins greeting you as you hand your ticket or AP over to the CM. At Christmas time, there are these boring (kind of cheap-looking) snowflakes.:confused3 They are not that festive, not that bright, not colorful, there are no characters hidden in the snowflakes, and they don't seem to tie in or connect with any other decor in the parks. It is very peculiar how that area seems so...bland. Jessica and I have discussed this and we both agreed that, instead of the stupid boring snowflakes above the turnstiles, DLR could follow its own lead from Halloween and put character snowmen/snow people in that spot, or character gingerbread cookies or something. If they can make giant character pumpkins, they can make character snow people/gingerbread cookies and put them there in place of the bland snowflake motif.

OMG Yes I have thus far only seen pics of the Halloween turnstiles but really the Christmas ones are sub par compared to everything else! I just tried not to look at them too long... They look like decor from some mass marketing company that makes decor for Malls & shopping centers...def below the bar Disney sets usually!

Hi Laurie-

Sorry the Christmas trip is not going to work out! I also would love to go at Christmas time but don't think it will happen anytime soon unless we were to go over Thanksgiving :confused3. I am very much looking forward to our Disneyland Trip because I have never seen it decked out in any of its holiday splendor. I enjoy Halloween time, because it allows any one young or old to imagine, dream and for a day be something they always dreamed of being or doing which I have always associated with Walt Disney and Disneyland. I do not like spooky and being scared but I think being a dreamer is the best. We may have to change our dates and I am really hoping that we will not have to miss the party because of it.

Kris

Hi Laurie-

Sorry the Christmas trip is not going to work out! I also would love to go at Christmas time but don't think it will happen anytime soon unless we were to go over Thanksgiving :confused3. I am very much looking forward to our Disneyland Trip because I have never seen it decked out in any of its holiday splendor. I enjoy Halloween time, because it allows any one young or old to imagine, dream and for a day be something they always dreamed of being or doing which I have always associated with Walt Disney and Disneyland. I do not like spooky and being scared but I think being a dreamer is the best. We may have to change our dates and I am really hoping that we will not have to miss the party because of it.

Kris

What are the dates you're planning on now & what dates if you change??? Hopefully we'll overlap & can meet up....that would be awesome!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the park in all of it's fall wonderment....I love holidays....all holidays & decorate at home for almost all of them......Halloween is my 2nd favorite....so I'm more than alright with going during that time. My concern is the crowds!! :eek:

What are the dates you're planning on now & what dates if you change??? Hopefully we'll overlap & can meet up....that would be awesome!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the park in all of it's fall wonderment....I love holidays....all holidays & decorate at home for almost all of them......Halloween is my 2nd favorite....so I'm more than alright with going during that time. My concern is the crowds!! :eek:

I'm a bit concerned about the crowds but we managed a summer trip last year so it should hopefully be managable. Our plan as of now is 9/30 to 10/9 figured that would cover a party. Hubby has to do a schedule change which might change his days off so we would have to change to 9/27 to 10/5 so if the parties don't start until the seventh we would miss out :headache:. It is the only time of year my older children can dress up at Disneyland so this is one of the other reasons I want to go at this time of year. Our 17th anniversary will be the 1st and I am planning on a ressie at carnation cafe with some loaded baked potato soup Yum! It would be great to meet some of the Divas, then maybe my loving and a bit overprotective hubby would agree to a Diva Trip. If for some reason this trip doesn't work out I will be shuffling it to the same time as the Diva trip in February since my kids have a four day weekend :laughing:. Though DH has no idea I have an alternate plan in the works. :rolleyes1 (we need a witch stirring a pot smilie).

I'm a bit concerned about the crowds but we managed a summer trip last year so it should hopefully be managable. Our plan as of now is 9/30 to 10/9 figured that would cover a party. Hubby has to do a schedule change which might change his days off so we would have to change to 9/27 to 10/5 so if the parties don't start until the seventh we would miss out :headache:. It is the only time of year my older children can dress up at Disneyland so this is one of the other reasons I want to go at this time of year. Our 17th anniversary will be the 1st and I am planning on a ressie at carnation cafe with some loaded baked potato soup Yum! It would be great to meet some of the Divas, then maybe my loving and a bit overprotective hubby would agree to a Diva Trip. If for some reason this trip doesn't work out I will be shuffling it to the same time as the Diva trip in February since my kids have a four day weekend :laughing:. Though DH has no idea I have an alternate plan in the works. :rolleyes1 (we need a witch stirring a pot smilie).

Well bummer, your dates & the ones we're looking at wouldn't overlap! :headache: I sure hope you get to do the party....that would be a bummer to go at that time & not get to participate in it & see the special fireworks!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

So I thought I'd share some pictures from the last few days.

This is Shyann all ready for preschool. Her & her twin sister go to a specialized preschool through early intervention. Notice the sore of Shy's chin.....she's a picker.....she'll take a tiny little owie & make a HUGE sore. Poor baby......

001-2.jpg

Michayla woke up from her nap & her ponytail holder had moved......she reminds me of a "Who" (you know.....from Whoville......lol)

006-1.jpg

Michayla is our g-tube fed baby, but she's starting to put things in her mouth......so after picking paper out of her mouth, I gave her a candy cane.....she really enjoyed it!!

017.jpg

Shy & Addy enjoying their lunch!

023.jpg

The weather here has been wet, wet, wet......so little league games have been one for each kid.......Addy finally had her 2nd game today!!!

039.jpg

Love the tongue out when she runs.....lol

035.jpg

Look at that determination!

037.jpg

Well still no official word about our dates yet......Mike has been having a couple miserable days at work & everyone is grumpy.....so he couldn't even inquire if we can plan on those days........rats!!! Would really like to start the planning!!

Love the pics of the kids!

A Bummer on not having any decision on the dates! Hopefully once Easter is over and the craze over hams his dept will settle down and you can get an answer!

Love the pics of the kids!

A Bummer on not having any decision on the dates! Hopefully once Easter is over and the craze over hams his dept will settle down and you can get an answer!

We can hope!! Just getting frustrated because I have to change the plans we already had set......so an answer would be awesome!!

We can hope!! Just getting frustrated because I have to change the plans we already had set......so an answer would be awesome!!

I understand! Every year we have to request our vacation in January and then we find out beginning of March if it is approved. Anytime we want after that is considered a late request but is processed much faster! This year I have requested the Friday before my birthday and the dates for the Diva trip as late requests. We usually find out the Thursday Night/Friday after we request if it was approved. For both of those the info wasn't in my mailbox and I was asking my Assistant manager about it. She asked if it was for a day coming up that I needed to know about right away. I said no... but I still want to know :rotfl2:

You can count on lots & lots of pictures!!!! I am a little surprised you haven't been at Halloween time......wasn't aware it was your birthday month.....but figured with all your trips, you would have seen it during that time!! I'm excited now that I'm switching gears......just hope to get the approval from Mike's work so I can start the planning. Hate sitting in limbo-land..........

Most of my trips take place in spring and summer. I went loads as a kid always in the middle of July. My first adult trip was in febuary and I remember thinking how awesome it was that Indiana Jones was only a 30 minute wait. I have been to Disneyland Once at Haloween but it was before the trick or treat party and all that. My mom wants to go at Haloween time after cars land is finished so well see where that takes us :yay:

Most of my trips take place in spring and summer. I went loads as a kid always in the middle of July. My first adult trip was in febuary and I remember thinking how awesome it was that Indiana Jones was only a 30 minute wait. I have been to Disneyland Once at Haloween but it was before the trick or treat party and all that. My mom wants to go at Haloween time after cars land is finished so well see where that takes us :yay:

I didn't mind the summer trip......but spring breaks are a NO WAY if I can help it.......way too busy!!

I imagine once CarsLand opens next year, the parks are going to be crazy!!! I know we're looking forward to it, as millions of other people are. Not sure we'll get a trip in next year or not......money just seems to be getting tighter & tighter.......just not sure why? :confused3

So our trip dates are still not set, as we sit in limbo waiting......starting to feel that Mike is getting the run-around at work. Sounds like he'll be given the phone # of the gal that covers all the Safeway stores vacation times in our region to see if he can trade his vacation week.....which was originally set for end of July. If she can cover him in October.....I'll finally have dates & be able to start planning!!! Not knowing is driving me crazy!!! :scared: Hang in there & hopefully I'll have news next week!!

I hate when employers give you the run around. Last year a bunch of freinds and I were going to comic con I asked for the days off months out and they still scheduled me then tried to tell me Id have to find someone to switch with if I wanted the date it was ridiculous I finally had to go over the schduleing hr reps head to get it fixed. Im sorry they are giveing your husband the run around and hopefully it will work out for the better soon :hug:

Sorry you still don't have an update Laurie! It must be very frustrating!!

I hate when employers give you the run around. Last year a bunch of freinds and I were going to comic con I asked for the days off months out and they still scheduled me then tried to tell me Id have to find someone to switch with if I wanted the date it was ridiculous I finally had to go over the schduleing hr reps head to get it fixed. Im sorry they are giveing your husband the run around and hopefully it will work out for the better soon :hug:

Thanx ladies!!! :hug: Mike's gonna call the gal in charge & hopefully by mid-week we'll know for sure. I still need to cancel my ressie at HoJo's but hoping to be able to just change the dates if the queen suite is available when we're going. I'm still tempted to spend the extra money & stay at the PPH.

Sorry to do this here.....but I had a horrible day & just needed to let it all out!!! :headache:

My day started with IFSP meetings for the twins. I had the meeting down for 10am & got a call about 9:20 asking if I was coming......it was scheduled for 9am......oops. Now for anyone who has sat thru a IFSP/IEP meeting, you know how long & drawn out these can get......and of course lots of paperwork to sign.......then double it for me!!

Got home & got Addy to school.....every single car on the side of the road pulled out or should I say, cut me off.......stupid drivers!!!

Ran up to the store & got a text from my son that the power had been turned off......great!! I have so many things that I'm keeping track of.....this bill got lost in the shuffle. Crap, Crap, Crap......so I not only had to pay the bill, but pay a $30 reconnect fee & a deposit to boot!!! Not money I really had today. The power was off for a few hours, but luckily back on before kids had to start getting ready for bed.

While I was at the store & on the phone with the power company, a lady pulled into the stall in front of me & proceeded to hit my front bumper......really lady??? Don't know where the front of your car is??? I was on the phone so couldn't really say anything to her.....did get out to make sure there wasn't any damage. There wasn't & she was like.....nothing hurt....like big deal! The big deal was since I wasn't expecting to get hit, the jolt has made me a bit sore this evening. I have fibromyalgia & it doesn't take much to make me hurt.

The kids fought all afternoon, Anthony tried to steal his big brothers gum from his car, the dog was into everything & the babies noses wouldn't stop running......ick!

So glad today is almost over & sorry again to rag on about my wonderful day......but needed to get it out!!!

Oh, one more thing.............AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Ok, feel better now! ;)

Sorry to do this here.....but I had a horrible day & just needed to let it all out!!! :headache:

My day started with IFSP meetings for the twins. I had the meeting down for 10am & got a call about 9:20 asking if I was coming......it was scheduled for 9am......oops. Now for anyone who has sat thru a IFSP/IEP meeting, you know how long & drawn out these can get......and of course lots of paperwork to sign.......then double it for me!!

Got home & got Addy to school.....every single car on the side of the road pulled out or should I say, cut me off.......stupid drivers!!!

Ran up to the store & got a text from my son that the power had been turned off......great!! I have so many things that I'm keeping track of.....this bill got lost in the shuffle. Crap, Crap, Crap......so I not only had to pay the bill, but pay a $30 reconnect fee & a deposit to boot!!! Not money I really had today. The power was off for a few hours, but luckily back on before kids had to start getting ready for bed.

While I was at the store & on the phone with the power company, a lady pulled into the stall in front of me & proceeded to hit my front bumper......really lady??? Don't know where the front of your car is??? I was on the phone so couldn't really say anything to her.....did get out to make sure there wasn't any damage. There wasn't & she was like.....nothing hurt....like big deal! The big deal was since I wasn't expecting to get hit, the jolt has made me a bit sore this evening. I have fibromyalgia & it doesn't take much to make me hurt.

The kids fought all afternoon, Anthony tried to steal his big brothers gum from his car, the dog was into everything & the babies noses wouldn't stop running......ick!

So glad today is almost over & sorry again to rag on about my wonderful day......but needed to get it out!!!

Oh, one more thing.............AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Ok, feel better now! ;)

Always happy to be the receiver of a rant...makes me not feel so bad when I need to go on one. What was that kids book??? Something about a no good very bad day...I think you got one! Me too Brant's tooth abcessed Friday and he has been on antibiotics getting ready for a Dentist Appt tomorrow morning and Colton came down with Strep last night so went to the Dr this morning and I have had 2 whiny boys most of the day. They both felt better this afternoon and we went out in the yard since they wanted to do a photo shoot in our pirate costumes, Hopefully with 24 hours of meds under his belt Colton will feel better in the AM and go to school I got nothing done today! So there how about a rant right back at you? Your day sounds worse though!

Always happy to be the receiver of a rant...makes me not feel so bad when I need to go on one. What was that kids book??? Something about a no good very bad day...I think you got one! Me too Brant's tooth abcessed Friday and he has been on antibiotics getting ready for a Dentist Appt tomorrow morning and Colton came down with Strep last night so went to the Dr this morning and I have had 2 whiny boys most of the day. They both felt better this afternoon and we went out in the yard since they wanted to do a photo shoot in our pirate costumes, Hopefully with 24 hours of meds under his belt Colton will feel better in the AM and go to school I got nothing done today! So there how about a rant right back at you? Your day sounds worse though!

:hug: Thanx Sherri, I needed that!! lol

Eek!!! Tooth issues are the worse!!! Strep isn't much fun either! Hopefully everyone is feeling better today & you can get back to some "normal" daily things!!

I woke up early......I hurt all over. Its amazing how a little jolt can make you feel like you were hit by a MAC Truck............ will send 2 of the 4 to school today (the 2 that fight), so should have a somewhat quiet first half of my day....looking forward to that!!

crummy days are so the pits and you certainly had a crummy one. Im baffled by people like the lady who hit you ugh. I think the runny nose is traveling the toddler circut in my lab school yesterday I think I must have wiped 8 noses a hundred different times I thought about just carrying around the tissue box lol anyway sorry your day was crummy and glad you had us to let it out on! hope tomrrow is a brighter day :hug:

crummy days are so the pits and you certainly had a crummy one. Im baffled by people like the lady who hit you ugh. I think the runny nose is traveling the toddler circut in my lab school yesterday I think I must have wiped 8 noses a hundred different times I thought about just carrying around the tissue box lol anyway sorry your day was crummy and glad you had us to let it out on! hope tomrrow is a brighter day :hug:

Thanx Sid!! :hug: Yesterday was definitely better, but still wiping noses. I think the girls have about 2 weeks total in the year that their noses aren't running......lol

Shyann went in for allergy testing yesterday.....they did a blood draw & she sat on my lap & didn't even flinch or say owie.....I was impressed!!! Hopefully we'll get a better idea of what's going on & maybe we can help with the ever running nose!!

Sun came out yesterday too.....was starting to think it had gone on permanent vacation.....supposed to be low 70's today......I'll take it!!!!!

Still sore today, but there's always pain pills.....wooooooo hoooooooo!! :dance3:

Still not been able to get the phone # for Mike to call to request the time off.....feel like he's getting the run around.....grrrrrrrrrrrr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter