Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

Now onto our Disney Days!!!

October 2, (Sun): Going to the parks!!

Magic Morning (that's if I don't get my AP prior to trip or if I do, picking up a 3 day PH so I can do a MM)
Goofy's Kitchen for a late breakfast.
0350.jpg

Dinner will be at PCH Grill at the PPH.

October 3, (Mon): Going to the parks!!

Breakfast at Carnation Cafe.
0107.jpg

Celebration BBQ (either during the party or mid afternoon)
Mickey's Halloween Party!!!!!!

October 4, (Tue): Going to the parks!!

Ariel's Grotto for mid-morning breakfast.
046a.jpg

Dinner at the new DLH restaurant~~Tangaroa Terrace!! Can't wait to try it!!

October 5, (Wed): Going to the parks!!

Mid-morning breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe.
4048.jpg

Dinner at Taste Pilot's Grill.

October 6, (Thu): Going to the parks!!

Going back to the Tangaroa Terrace to try out their breakfast offerings!
Dinner at Cafe Orleans.
7419.jpg

October 7, (Fri): Going to the parks!!

Breakfast at Minnie & Friends.
6337.jpg

Dinner at Hungry Bear (could be early or during the party).
Mickey's Halloween Party Again!!!!

October 8, (Sat): Last Disney thing.........

Breakfast at Surf's Up with Mickey!!
7124.jpg

So as you can see I have the meals planned for our Disney days & attending the Halloween Party twice. We are doing all 5 character meals this trip!!!! Last summer we did 4 of them, but skipped Ariel's Grotto....this trip we'll go! I never plan rides out, especially with the twins....we'll be playing our days by ear. We also are skipping Fantasmic & WoC this trip. This will probably be the hard part for me.....I love going to both shows, but the girls really need to be back at the motel by 8pm for bedtime. We will keep them up late for the 2 party nights.

We found last summer, that the girls really will dictate how much time we get to spend at the parks. Mike & I might have to take turns back at the motel with the twins while the other takes Anthony & Addy over to do rides. Last summer we had 4 extra adults to take "babysitting" turns, but it will be just Mike & I this time.

Travel days back home!

October 8 (Sat):
After doing the Surf's Up breakfast, we'll go back to the HoJo's & check out.
Drive to Torrance/Redondo Beach (28.7 miles)
Check in at the Staybridge Suites
Go visit with my brother & sister-in-law.
steve.png

Spend day & evening with them.
Dinner with them.

October 9, (Sun):

Breakfast at the motel.
Attend my brother's church (he's the minister)
Drive to Santa Clarita (48.6 miles)
Stop for lunch.
Continue North to Stockton (305.0 miles)
Stop for dinner.
Continue North to Red Bluff (177.6 miles)
Check in Hampton Inn & Suites

October 10, (Mon):

Have breakfast at motel.
Drive North to Sutherlin, OR (284.9 miles)
Stop for lunch.
Continue North to Salem (120.0 miles)

HOME SWEET HOME!!
house.png

So that's the plan......I'm sure changes will be in order....but you have to start somewhere!!

Laurie, when I look at the calendar and figure out whether Scotty works or not I will let you know.

Awesome!! I know I hadn't really spoke to you or Jessica about driving over for a dinner meet-up....but it would be great if you could!!!!! :cool1:

Wow you have already planned so much out. Are the kids going to dress up for the parties?

I mess with the schedule all the time.......I pre-set & then rethink things when entertainment schedules get posted. I try to set dinners in the park where we want to be.......so I'm sure it will change.......lol

Addy has a "Tangled" costume & Anthony has a "Capt Jack Sparrow" costume ready to go. Addy's outgrown a couple princess dresses (Cinderella & Snow White) that the twins can wear. Not sure what Mike & I are doing yet.

I'd actually like to do matching shirts with hats/ears or whatever for one of the parties & then let the kids do the ones I mentioned above. That way we don't repeat....silly I know!! :rotfl:

your travel plans look like so much fun! :wizard:

You have SOOO Much planned already!

Sounds like so Much fun! I am hoping to attend the first 2 Halloween Parties so maybe we can meet up!

Laurie I know I haven't stopped in in awhile but as always you are so organized!! At this point I don't even know if mom and I are even going on our Oct trip now but it will be fun to hear about yours at least!! And I def plan to meet up with you when you guys come down!! That will be a lot of fun! May have to bring the dh with me, Hope that is ok. He gets kind of offended if I leave him out LOL. I have NO idea what will be going on in our lives at that point so will just have to wait and see at the time. I know school will be in and that is during soccer season but I will def try and be there for sure barring anything I can't get out of!!

And I saw somewhere can't remember if it was on here or FB that you are considering maybe moving here again? If so that would be AWESOME!! Would LOVE to have you down here!! Would be so fun to have a friend to hang with esp someone who shares my Disney obsession. Hey and then we could drive down and bug Michelle and Jessica ;)

Anyway just wanted to check in and say that I am excited for you and as always your trip looks awesome! I am glad that we will at least get to see eachother on your way through and at this point we are still coming up in July so I will def get with you when it gets a bit closer and coordinate that so hopefully we can still meet up!! :)

your travel plans look like so much fun! :wizard:

Thanx Sid!!! We're getting excited & we still have such a long time to wait!!

You have SOOO Much planned already!

Sounds like so Much fun! I am hoping to attend the first 2 Halloween Parties so maybe we can meet up!

I hope so too!!! That would be so much fun!! I plan out entertainment & meals.......everything else is on the fly!! Really hoping the girls do better this trip!!

Laurie I know I haven't stopped in in awhile but as always you are so organized!! At this point I don't even know if mom and I are even going on our Oct trip now but it will be fun to hear about yours at least!! And I def plan to meet up with you when you guys come down!! That will be a lot of fun! May have to bring the dh with me, Hope that is ok. He gets kind of offended if I leave him out LOL. I have NO idea what will be going on in our lives at that point so will just have to wait and see at the time. I know school will be in and that is during soccer season but I will def try and be there for sure barring anything I can't get out of!!

And I saw somewhere can't remember if it was on here or FB that you are considering maybe moving here again? If so that would be AWESOME!! Would LOVE to have you down here!! Would be so fun to have a friend to hang with esp someone who shares my Disney obsession. Hey and then we could drive down and bug Michelle and Jessica ;)

Anyway just wanted to check in and say that I am excited for you and as always your trip looks awesome! I am glad that we will at least get to see eachother on your way through and at this point we are still coming up in July so I will def get with you when it gets a bit closer and coordinate that so hopefully we can still meet up!! :)

Your hubby is very welcomed to come!! It's a big family meet up!! In fact Mike would probably appreciate another male around to chat with.......lol

I wish we knew for sure when to expect our money from the IRS.........we've wanted to move south but we just don't have the money to do that. If we could plan.........we could use this money to move down (deposit, rent, moving truck) It would also give us a few months for Mike to secure work without worry of being broke. There's always the possibility of Mike getting a transfer......but no guarantees there. Problem we're facing is our lease here is up at the end of July & we need to put in 30 days notice. If we ask to stay on a month to month it's possible we'd be paying up to $300 more a month for rent & I'm not sure we can afford to do that. My best guestimate on when we'll see the money is late August. It would be great if it showed up sooner. I'll keep you updated!!

That's great Laurie. Normally I would just come alone or with the girls but I think he feels "left out" when I go to stuff and don't ask him to come so if he is home and not doing anything I will probably have to bring him but you are right I am sure he will enjoy talking with Mike and that way Mike will have someone to talk to also ;)

I sure hope it all works out for you on the move. I know how much you are wanting to get out of the weather! Do you have any ideas of what part of Sac you were thinking? I know you had asked about the hospitals and such for your kiddos. Do they have everything you need here? I know we do have some pretty good ones with UC Davis and the Shriners Children's. Plus the Bay area has WONDERFUL stuff like Stanford and such and that is not TOO far away. I will be praying for you guys that it all works out! And I will admit I am a bit biased and hope it does cuz I would love to have you here! Would be so fun to have a Disney friend in the area to "hang" with ;)

Enjoy your planning and I will def look forward to hearing and seeing more of your plans!! :)

I hope so too!!! That would be so much fun!! I plan out entertainment & meals.......everything else is on the fly!! Really hoping the girls do better this trip!!

That is pretty much what I do too.. When I go by myself the only plan is pretty much get to park at opening!

That's great Laurie. Normally I would just come alone or with the girls but I think he feels "left out" when I go to stuff and don't ask him to come so if he is home and not doing anything I will probably have to bring him but you are right I am sure he will enjoy talking with Mike and that way Mike will have someone to talk to also ;)

I sure hope it all works out for you on the move. I know how much you are wanting to get out of the weather! Do you have any ideas of what part of Sac you were thinking? I know you had asked about the hospitals and such for your kiddos. Do they have everything you need here? I know we do have some pretty good ones with UC Davis and the Shriners Children's. Plus the Bay area has WONDERFUL stuff like Stanford and such and that is not TOO far away. I will be praying for you guys that it all works out! And I will admit I am a bit biased and hope it does cuz I would love to have you here! Would be so fun to have a Disney friend in the area to "hang" with ;)

Enjoy your planning and I will def look forward to hearing and seeing more of your plans!! :)

Mike was thinking that UC Davis would meet the girls needs & all of their records could transfer down without much issue.

We're looking Rancho Cordova area....but not set in stone yet. I'd sure like to be able to do this move.....knowing we already have friends in the area is awesome. I can't take this damp, cold weather much longer.....my fibromyalgia has been horrid since I moved back up to Salem.......it wasn't as bad in Medford where we had more sun & heat.

You're in Orangevale??? That's another area we've looked!

That is pretty much what I do too.. When I go by myself the only plan is pretty much get to park at opening!

:rotfl2: Paula....you & I obviously are a lot alike!!!

Yay well whatever happens would be awesome!! Like I said I will be praying for you guys that it all works out!

And I had to add that for us we pretty much do the same plan. As long as we are there for park opening we pretty much wing it. Shane is obsessed with getting as many fast passes as is humanly possible but I say hey if you want to go nuts running all over go for it LOL. When it is just me, mom and the girls it is a MUCH more laid back approach. And in fact when we go on the ladies trip we hardly ride any rides LOL. I have been on them all millions of times and now I am getting so dang old that riding a bench and people watching or soaking up the sun is more my speed half the time. Don't get me wrong I love the rides but I just love "being" there and being in that environment. I LOVE to eat "obviously" lol so we do like to enjoy the restaurants but I don't stress over it as much as I do when we go to DW. We do make a few PS for the nicer places that require it but we wing a lot of our meals as well. We have a bit of a plan but mostly we just try to get there early, get a lot of fp and if we use them great but if not lots of times we end up giving them away. ;)

Yay well whatever happens would be awesome!! Like I said I will be praying for you guys that it all works out!

And I had to add that for us we pretty much do the same plan. As long as we are there for park opening we pretty much wing it. Shane is obsessed with getting as many fast passes as is humanly possible but I say hey if you want to go nuts running all over go for it LOL. When it is just me, mom and the girls it is a MUCH more laid back approach. And in fact when we go on the ladies trip we hardly ride any rides LOL. I have been on them all millions of times and now I am getting so dang old that riding a bench and people watching or soaking up the sun is more my speed half the time. Don't get me wrong I love the rides but I just love "being" there and being in that environment. I LOVE to eat "obviously" lol so we do like to enjoy the restaurants but I don't stress over it as much as I do when we go to DW. We do make a few PS for the nicer places that require it but we wing a lot of our meals as well. We have a bit of a plan but mostly we just try to get there early, get a lot of fp and if we use them great but if not lots of times we end up giving them away. ;)

I'm like that too.....I enjoy the rides, but could go to DL & just take in the sights & sounds & still be just as happy!!!

I'm picturing Shane running all over......."gotta get the FP, gotta get the FP".......lol We usually have one of older boys to do our running.....but this trip it will be just Mike & I....so it will interesting!!

I'm so glad you get in on the Little Mermaid special FP!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm like that too.....I enjoy the rides, but could go to DL & just take in the sights & sounds & still be just as happy!!!

I'm picturing Shane running all over......."gotta get the FP, gotta get the FP".......lol We usually have one of older boys to do our running.....but this trip it will be just Mike & I....so it will interesting!!

I'm so glad you get in on the Little Mermaid special FP!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

It sounds like us Divas (or wannabe Diva's in my case) are a lot alike! My first trip I collected a bunch of FP most of which went unused. My friend that went with me the first time was so impressed with my knowledge of touring the park and how to get a lot accomplished. After my first trip I relaxed a lot more and did a lot more just looking at everything. My trip coming up is only my 3rd time to DL so I still have a lot to absorb and while I love the rides I also like to people watch and look at all the details. (Which is why I am staying for 10 days!)

It sounds like us Divas (or wannabe Diva's in my case) are a lot alike! My first trip I collected a bunch of FP most of which went unused. My friend that went with me the first time was so impressed with my knowledge of touring the park and how to get a lot accomplished. After my first trip I relaxed a lot more and did a lot more just looking at everything. My trip coming up is only my 3rd time to DL so I still have a lot to absorb and while I love the rides I also like to people watch and look at all the details. (Which is why I am staying for 10 days!)

You'll have a great time!! Absorbing everything is why we come home from our trips with thousands (and I really mean thousands) of pictures!!

You'll have a great time!! Absorbing everything is why we come home from our trips with thousands (and I really mean thousands) of pictures!!

My first trip I had exactly 1000 photos. The second only 599 pictures. I probaably would have had more but I used my flip video camera for the parades and WoC on the second trip. Plus my camera doesn't do nighttime pics very well and with the early sunsets daylight was only about 8 hours each day. The next trip. Yes I believe there WILL be 1000's of photos. I hope to get a new camera before I go too so hopefully I can get some nighttime shots!

My first trip I had exactly 1000 photos. The second only 599 pictures. I probaably would have had more but I used my flip video camera for the parades and WoC on the second trip. Plus my camera doesn't do nighttime pics very well and with the early sunsets daylight was only about 8 hours each day. The next trip. Yes I believe there WILL be 1000's of photos. I hope to get a new camera before I go too so hopefully I can get some nighttime shots!

Awesome! I didn't take as many pictures last trip.....partly because I was in a funk being away from my kiddos & hiding out in my motel room.....but one trip we took about 5000 pictures! Thank God for digitals.....could you imagine the charge for developing those....... :scared1: :rotfl2:

Awesome! I didn't take as many pictures last trip.....partly because I was in a funk being away from my kiddos & hiding out in my motel room.....but one trip we took about 5000 pictures! Thank God for digitals.....could you imagine the charge for developing those....... :scared1: :rotfl2:

I'm actually in the process of reading your massive TR from last summer... I just started it yesterday so it will be awhile before I get through it!

I mess with the schedule all the time.......I pre-set & then rethink things when entertainment schedules get posted. I try to set dinners in the park where we want to be.......so I'm sure it will change.......lol

Addy has a "Tangled" costume & Anthony has a "Capt Jack Sparrow" costume ready to go. Addy's outgrown a couple princess dresses (Cinderella & Snow White) that the twins can wear. Not sure what Mike & I are doing yet.

I'd actually like to do matching shirts with hats/ears or whatever for one of the parties & then let the kids do the ones I mentioned above. That way we don't repeat....silly I know!! :rotfl:

I like the matching shirts/ears idea. I think cause we are going partly for our anniversary we were going to get bride and groom hats and possibly t-shirts and go as 2nd time honeymooners. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter