Halloween Party ideas anyone?

Marsheliz

DIS Veteran
Any ideas for MNSSHP costumes?? I found some cute princess looking shirts and headbands on Etsy for me but was wanting to dress alike as a family but its hard when I have boys.. They make all the cuter stuff for the girlies!

Do some families just dress differently and not do a theme all together?

Was thinking, it wouuld be cool to do Ariel, Eric, Flounder and Sebastain but may be hard to find/do Flounder and Sebastian :)

Let them wear anything they want you don't need a theme my wife is a princess, my son a pirate,and me Darth mall from star wars. Just have fun

We have two boys, they went as captain hook and mr. Smee. My husband was peter pan and I was tinkerbell. We saw several other captain hooks of all ages but no other Smee's. During the parade Mr. Smee spotted my son from the float and went nuts. It was awesome. He pointed out the costume to captain hook as well. It was really great. :)

This year we are thinking another family costume, since we are lucky enough to be going again. My boys are really into superheroes, so it might go that way, but we have also toyed with alice in wonderland characters, phineas and ferb or toy story, all of which have plenty of cute boy characters.

Thanks for the replies! Love the Peter Pan idea! I have a tinker bell tattoo and love P.P. my mom passed away 3 weeks ago and my oldest son and I have decided that the way to heaven is second star to the right.. And straight on till morning :)

Any ideas for MNSSHP costumes?? I found some cute princess looking shirts and headbands on Etsy for me but was wanting to dress alike as a family but its hard when I have boys.. They make all the cuter stuff for the girlies!

Was thinking, it wouuld be cool to do Ariel, Eric, Flounder and Sebastain but may be hard to find/do Flounder and Sebastian :)

We did. Alice dd4 ish at time. Dw me wb of hearts and dh mad hatter.. I loved it. We are thinking about kp, but having trouble locating costumes. I think we may end up with minions dh the dad. Me minion and 2 dd 2 of the girls.

Kids- Buzz and Woody, you and your husband as Barbie and Ken :rotfl: I think that would be great!

At MNSSHP in DLR, I've seen both - groups dressed differently or as a theme. A few themes were "Where's Waldo?", "The Lone Ranger", British royalty and of course there's lots of other Disney characters - I saw Mary Poppins and Bert; also Halloween favorites like Jack and Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas".

My advice is to wear something you can wear the whole time and will be comfortable in and that you won't have to be adjusting it a lot or worrying that it'll get messed up on a ride (like a water ride) and that you can clean it if you spill while eating. Personally I wouldn't wear a wig because it'd get hot, or fancy makeup which would smear if you sweat, or a mask (Jack Skellington said his mask was so hot!) And if it is something "pretty" and you think "I should wear cute shoes!"...DON'T. I was dressed like a fairy and I had sneakers on because I wanted to be comfortable and walk all around. Just tell the fashion police to go away so you can enjoy your vacation!

When we went last year we did Hook and Smees...DS loves Hook sso he dressed as him and DH and I were each a Smee...really easy outfits as I got Stripped shirts for DH & I (just lke smees) we wore blue shorts, got glasses and a red cap and we were smees...As other PPS said, you can take s much liberty as you want...I agree it's fun to dress as a group or theme and yes there is much more for boys than girls...you can go as dwarves..or pirates seem to be popular with boys...just remember that if you're going in September chances are it will still be hot and you may want to consider costumes that will be comfortable in the heat.

Have fun!

Haha love Barbie and Ken idea. Thought of toy story for kids. Glad to hear not everyone is dressed in themes and good idea about the weather!

Oh and love the easy Smee idea! Now I'm thinking me as Tink, my Oldest son as Peter pan, my husband captain Hook and the baby can be the youngest of the Darling family! :)

I have gone around and around on ideas. I have two boys, and I feel your pain on group costumes. I definately want us all to "coordinate."

We landed on Goofy, Mickey, Donald and Daisy. Pirates and Princesses are popular, but the Fab Five are Forever :thumbsup2

Mickey Mouse Club - White t-shirts with your names on them, black shorts and mouse ears.

Dalmations - White shorts and t-shirts with black spots, white baseball hat with black spots and felt "ears."

Mickey Mouse Club - White t-shirts with your names on them, black shorts and mouse ears.

Dalmations - White shorts and t-shirts with black spots, white baseball hat with black spots and felt "ears."

That was our plan. Easy to pack and easy to produce.

Pirates seem to be popular with boys hs past year DS went as Hook and DH & I were Smees. If you want you may even consider doing Pirates League for your sons on the day of the parade - they can get some really good Pirate makeovers.

As PPs said - just go and have fun. Just be aware of the heat especially if your going in September. My biggest concern was that I didn't want a costume that my son would get overheated in if it was hot in Fl. We went toawrds the end of Oct. and the Hook costume (ala Disney Store) was fine as it was a bit cooler then.

We did the "Mickey Mouse club" at work a few years back! The customers LOVED it I love the dalmation idea also!!!

Last year my kids were fine in thier costumes, but we did the last MNSSHP(and also got to do the first MVMCP a week later) of the season, so it was November! DH and I wore our Halloween colored tie-die Mickey shirts! we had fun, but we had been in MK all day long so I don't think we got as much out of the night as we should have. This year (in September) MNSSHP will be a "down" day for us (pool or DTD in the morning, relax until party time!) That way we can enjoy it more!

I say dress up in old time clothes and tell people you're Passamaquoddians. Real Disney fans would get it.

I say dress up in old time clothes and tell people you're Passamaquoddians. Real Disney fans would get it.

:rotfl: I literally just had this movie (VHS of course) in my hand an hour ago as I was cleaning up the movie cabinet. Guess I have to go dig it back out and watch it now!!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter