Halloween in September?

themerriemonarch

Earning My Ears
I'll be at Disney World in mid-September (for Disney Dining, hooray!) and I understand that Disney's Halloween evenings at the Magic Kingdom will have already started by then.

My initial reaction is that this is not a good thing, even though I'll be travelling with my kids. Am I correct that it's completly separate admission for the evening Halloween event, which starts at 7 pm? How is that a good deal, what with Disney posting a $43 admission price for the event? I've been to the Halloween events at Hershey Park, where (as you might imagine) the trick-or-treating is pretty good, but there you get most of a full day's admission to the park for your money. At Disney, it seems like you have to pay twice for the same day. And I don't think we're going to be feeling too "Halloween-ie" in mid-September.

Could someone explain to me why my gut reaction is wrong, or perhaps why it is correct? What's so special about Disney's Halloween schtick? Thanks.

In my opinion you are way wrong !! MNSSHP is by FAR the best time i've ever had at Disney, so much so that we are going twice this time !! Even though the event is for 7 you can get in with your party ticket after 4 and it ends at midnight. That is 8 hours in the park for almost half what a one day ticket is !!The "Boo to You" parade is the absolute best , there is trick or treating all over the park, special photo opps with the characters in costume and most of the rides have little or no wait. And you can't forget about the fireworks !!! This year we are staying off sight and have decided not to do any days in the park so that we could go to MNSSHP twice. :cool1: :cool1:

You can go to the Magic Kingdom at 4 in the afternoon on the day of the party with a Halloween Party ticket. You don't need a regular ticket.
Earlier that day, you can use your regular ticket at another park or hang around your resort or go to Downtown Disney. Then you can use that day's regular ticket on another day.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the OP thinks there is MNSSHP every night in MK starting in September. That is not correct. MNSSHP is only selected nights. The rest of the time it's regular MK until close; no special ticket needed.

Like PP's have stated you can go to MK and be at MK until 7p.m. without having a MNSSHP ticket, and IMO that is a full day at MK, if you get there when the park opens. Also, if you do plan to purchase MNSSHP tickets you can enter earlier than 4 with a regular park ticket and then you will just have to check in to the MNSSHP so you can get your bracelets to stay after 7.

I love the Halloween Party it is definately a bit pricey, but it is totally worth it. This will be our 2nd time attending.

MNSSHP is a great time! The Boo To You Parade and the HalloWishes fireworks show are the best I've ever seen from Disney. And I love seeing everyone in costume, dressing up, getting candy, etc.

HOWEVER, like you mentioned, I just dont think I could do it in September. I couldnt even do it in early October. I'm just not in the Halloween mood till closer to the actual holiday.

We go on our annual Disney vacation at the end of October each year. We'll be going to MNSSHP on Oct 30th this time.

I am thrilled to have MNSSHP in SEpt!:banana: Yes it is early....But I love fall and halloween so that does not bother me too much.It is no different to me than starting to celebrate xmas in November.I have also gone to Hershey park on Halloween (I live near there) it doesn't even come remotely close to MNSSHP.Yes it is expensive.But as others have said if you arrive at 4pm and stay till 12am it is like having a full day in the parks.I have a 4 yr old so the plan for that day is not to waste park admission and sleep late hang by the pool and head over to Mk for 4pm.

Oh yeah, like the above poster, we dont usually go into MK that day for the full day either. We do things around the resort, get into costume around 3 PM, then head on over to MK to enter around 4.

MNSSHP is the best event disney does, way more fun than the Christmas party. We have always loved it.

I could definately be in the mood for halloween in mid-september, lol. Heck, my hubby is already thinking about how we will decorate the yard this year.

Ready or not - some Halloween decorations will be up at MK in Sept., even on non-MNSSHP days. There will be Halloween theme merchandise in the gift shops as well.

Thanks for the information. The 4 pm admission definitely makes the event more plausible for me. I have 10-day no-expiration passes: I presume I could use one of these days for the Halloween event if I want to? No great savings, but I think my per-day cost on the passes is still below the $43 admission, and this way I wouldn't have to fork over more money now.

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. The 4 pm admission definitely makes the event more plausible for me. I have 10-day no-expiration passes: I presume I could use one of these days for the Halloween event if I want to? No great savings, but I think my per-day cost on the passes is still below the $43 admission, and this way I wouldn't have to fork over more money now.

Thanks.

No, you cannot get into the party with a regular park ticket. If you go to the park earlier that day, you will be asked to leave at 7. They give out wristbands for those who have a MNSSHP ticket. You have to buy the special ticket for this event.

You cannot use a regular day ticket for MNSSHP. It requires admission so yes you have to pay $43 whether or not you have a pass. If you want to go the whole day you can use your pass until 7 p.m. Then you will have to have a ticket to the MNSSHP event on top of that!

yep, like everyone else already said, it;s a hard ticket event... but still totally worth it in my opinion! And even if it may be a little early for Halloween, it's great because it gives more people a chance to attend... if it was a once a year thing, only on halloween night, it would be PACKED (it already can be on some nights) and would sell out so fast, that alot of people would miss out. I'd go in May if that was the only chance I had! :)

We love the Halloween party and we make sure we take a trip every year for it. Sometimes it's just a long weekend but we always come to WDW for the party!

The parade and fireworks are the best that Disney does and even if it's September Disney will put you in a Halloween Mood. They are genius on manipulating your senses.

It's an opportunity to see some things that are only out for the parties. Cinderella's Coach will be out with a Photopass Photographer. All 7 Dwarfs are out. The characters all have on Halloween costumes The cutest was Piglet dressed as a flower! The Princes appear with the Princesses.

There is a Headless Horseman that runs through the parade route before the parade that is awesome! The Trick or Treating is fun. I try to steer my DD away from too much of that, I would rather buy her a bag of candy and just do the Halloween party stuff but she is 7! However last year she felt that she had enough Trick or Treating and opted to stay home and give out candy with me and that was priceless. We had SO much fun!

Can't wait till our first MNSSHP in Sept.!!!!!! I can't travel in Oct. with my job, so Sept. is a great choice for us.

We've done MVMCP a couple times and very much enjoyed it and hearing that MNSSHP is even better is really exciting :yay:

IMHO I think the way to do MNSSHP with kids is to
1. Sleep in
2. Enjoy the food court and pool at your resort
3. Change up (into costume if you're planning to:banana: )
4. Do a sit-down TS lunch
5. Head to MK for 4pm entry rested and relaxed (it will be a late night)
Save the admission on your no expiration 10 day pass for another time.

Every family is different but I think if you really want to enjoy the evening you should have a laid back morning.:cool1:

I like that the MNSSHP is offered in Sept now because I think this will help keep the crowds down because the locals have more options on when they can go now instead of all cramming during the month of October, plus the fact that we are planning to go in Sept and we can attend.

:cool1: We plan to go at least 2 times this vacation and maybe a third depending on the weather! It is a blast - we love the stage show at the castle and the parade!!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter