halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

I have started a HHN reviews and trip reports thread that will unlock Friday morning.

We're trying to finalize our plans and I had a question or two. We are coming in next friday (26th) and flying out sunday night. We just went ahead and got the AP, since we plan on coming back next summer. I was going to go ahead and get the Rush of Fear pass for next weekend for HHN, but I noticed I get a discount with the AP. Unfortunately, I don't get the discount until after I activate my pass next friday. Can I wait until then to get the Rush of Fear passes? I'm only worried because they keep saying that they could sell out of Rush of Fear passes. Have they ever ran out of Rush of Fear passes? Should I just spend the extra $25 instead of trying to save it for the HHN booze fund? :cool1:

Also what do you guys think of the RIP tours? we were thinking of getting the RoF + EP, but the little tour thing sounds awesome, it's about the same price, and I'm ok with not doing EP both nights.

We're trying to finalize our plans and I had a question or two. We are coming in next friday (26th) and flying out sunday night. We just went ahead and got the AP, since we plan on coming back next summer. I was going to go ahead and get the Rush of Fear pass for next weekend for HHN, but I noticed I get a discount with the AP. Unfortunately, I don't get the discount until after I activate my pass next friday. Can I wait until then to get the Rush of Fear passes? I'm only worried because they keep saying that they could sell out of Rush of Fear passes. Have they ever ran out of Rush of Fear passes? Should I just spend the extra $25 instead of trying to save it for the HHN booze fund? :cool1:

Also what do you guys think of the RIP tours? we were thinking of getting the RoF + EP, but the little tour thing sounds awesome, it's about the same price, and I'm ok with not doing EP both nights.

the ROF are valid for the first 3 weeks of HHN.
crowds are not as high in the first 2 weeks of the event (compared to the rest of the month) so i would think you would be okay to buy them when you get to the darkside.
buy them that day before the event begins once you activate your AP and can get the discount.
on the other hand, what is another $25 if you are going to worry about it.....bite the bullet and buy now if you are concerned crowds will buy them out in advance.
i'm no help........

i have done the public rip tours before but started in 2005 to book the private rip tours.
i prefer having 7 to 2, entire evening for the tour more than the up to 4 hour tour.
both are fun to do.
on the tours, you are guaranteed to do all of the houses and bill and teds.
this works out well if you go on a weekend and the park has high attendance.

since you are doing both friday and saturday nights, do the tour on the saturday. i find more crowds on saturdays than the other night of the event.
tour prices for the public tours are based on the night you book.

once you are on your own that night, you will know which houses you want to repeat after your tour ends.

Review from TM Preview

Houses:
1. Halloween (don't miss this house)
Effects: plenty of great effects. Definitely love the facade effects at the front of the house.
Scare factors: tons of them. Michael Myers is everywhere.
Length and wait time: very decent. Decent length of the house for less than 40 minutes wait time

2. Dollhouse of the Damned
Effects: not many effects in this house.
Scare factors: a lot of them. One disturbing scene inside the house.
Length and wait time: very decent. Decent length of the house for less than 30 minutes wait time.

3. Giggles and Gore, Inc
Effects: plenty of great effects. Expect the unexpected.
Scare factors: great amount for a short house.
Length and wait time: decent. The house is pretty short but so is the wait time. They can probably add 1 or 2 more rooms.

4. Aliens vs Predators
Effects: great effects. Love space technologies.
Scare factors: not enough. I really hope the house gets better with time. I wish there are more scare actors inside. Kind of not a big fan of the ending.
Length and wait time: pretty decent. The length of the house is average. The wait time is less than 20 minutes.

5. The Walking Dead
Effects: decent. There are some good effects going on inside the house.
Scare factors: decent. For a long house, decent amount of scares. Ending is also not so great.
Length and wait time: it is the longest house in this year event. It also has the longest wait time (more than 40 minutes).

6. Dracula Untold
Effects: decent
Scare factors: not enough. There are some hit and miss scares inside the house.
Length and wait time: short house for a long wait time.

7. Roanoke Cannibal Colony
Effects: not enough.
Scare factors: not enough. The house brings you back to the old days.
Length and wait time: decent

8. From Dusk till Dawn
Effects: not enough
Scare factors: not enough. The inside of the house is amazing, but scare factors are little.
Length and wait time: decent.

Scare zones:
1. The Purge Anarchy
Very chaotic and very cool

2. Bayou of Blood
Very great ambience

3. Face Off In the Flesh
Very photo op but not enough

4. Maskerade Unstitched
Amazing costumes

Shows:
Unfortunately, we don't have enough times to see any.

Final count: 7/8 houses no dollhouse. Both shows. Final verdict: damn this is gon be a good year. Favorite houses: avp, giggles and gore, walking dead. Roanoake was enjoyable. Dusk till dawn was short and sweet but it was fun. Cheech Marin. Dracula seemed short too but very gothic like. Halloween followed the movie. Mike Myers used well throughout. Need to watch that movie

This is the text wrap up I sent to my friend. I'll see if I can do a better write up when I'm not exhausted and passing out heh. Walking dead was filled with references to season 4 and the facade was the prison. Pretty great. Long house and so many scareactors it felt like they were constantly out to get you. Forest scene was great and really felt like a huge horde was out for blood.

Avp gave us face huggers chest bursters xenomorphs and predators. First house I did. Crouching section this year.

Giggles and gore is something really special. First house that got me. Lots of buttons that sy do not press. Didn't get to press them tonight. They held me so I had no one in front of me when I went through so every scareactor was ready for me.

Dracula untold felt a lot like Gothic. Felt kind of short to me but it's an IP where the movie isn't out yet. Maybe seeing it will improve? Vampires everywhere. Check out the "Alexandria burning" smell imported from the mouse hah.

I did Halloween but haven't seen the movie. Michael is literally everywhere. Really great job of theming a tent house - never really felt like one.

Saw bill and ted. Agreed with friends it was one of the better ones in recent years. Ripping on magic bands, frozen, 22 jump street, avatar joke from last year reappears and still just as funny. Bill's mic died in the first minute so he grabbed a regular mic till he for off set - played it off pretty well.

Roanoake lots of gorey effects. Second house that got me. Used a stilt walking scareactor which was awesome.

Dusk till dawn. Felt shorter. Good intro - Cheech Marin type announcing just like the movie. Last scene is barroom shoot out. In between lots of temples and vampires.

I caught rhps as well but that didn't change much. Still fun as always. We used some of the more vulgar callbacks and no one was asked to leave contrary to previous reports.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks macraven. I just went ahead and got a few of the last spots on next saturday night's non-private RIP tour. I'll probably end up just buying the RoF passes tonight anyways, just so I don't worry about it.

might as well go with the rof as you will need hhn tickets for both nights.

hope you have a great time on your tour.

the houses, scare actors, etc during early employee night for hhn can be adjusted, changed or eliminate things when it all starts friday to the public.

the pictures i saw for last night looked like we are off to a good start for this season.

things can be tweaked along the way and changes can be made throughout the long event.

i am so looking forward to this year's HHN!

We are new Florida residents and are going to buy our AP's and our HHN tickets tonight :)

I am so sorry if this has already been answered. I've searched and did not find an answer on the boards or google.

Do we need to pay for parking for Horror Nights if we have a Preferred AP?

Thanks in advance!

We are new Florida residents and are going to buy our AP's and our HHN tickets tonight :)

I am so sorry if this has already been answered. I've searched and did not find an answer on the boards or google.

Do we need to pay for parking for Horror Nights if we have a Preferred AP?

Thanks in advance!

parking is free after your first visit.
if all you have is the ap voucher, it doesn't allow for free parking.
parking is free once you have the actual ap to show at the parking lot.

you could drop your spouse off at the park to buy the ap/hhn and activate the ap then.
pick person back up and then have the free parking for when you will be driving to the park.

parking is free after your first visit.
if all you have is the ap voucher, it doesn't allow for free parking.
parking is free once you have the actual ap to show at the parking lot.

you could drop your spouse off at the park to buy the ap/hhn and activate the ap then.
pick person back up and then have the free parking for when you will be driving to the park.

:) Thanks!

Will the AP give us free parking for special events too? (like Horror Nights)

Review from TM Preview

Houses:
1. Halloween (don't miss this house)
Effects: plenty of great effects. Definitely love the facade effects at the front of the house.
Scare factors: tons of them. Michael Myers is everywhere.
Length and wait time: very decent. Decent length of the house for less than 40 minutes wait time

2. Dollhouse of the Damned
Effects: not many effects in this house.
Scare factors: a lot of them. One disturbing scene inside the house.
Length and wait time: very decent. Decent length of the house for less than 30 minutes wait time.

3. Giggles and Gore, Inc
Effects: plenty of great effects. Expect the unexpected.
Scare factors: great amount for a short house.
Length and wait time: decent. The house is pretty short but so is the wait time. They can probably add 1 or 2 more rooms.

4. Aliens vs Predators
Effects: great effects. Love space technologies.
Scare factors: not enough. I really hope the house gets better with time. I wish there are more scare actors inside. Kind of not a big fan of the ending.
Length and wait time: pretty decent. The length of the house is average. The wait time is less than 20 minutes.

5. The Walking Dead
Effects: decent. There are some good effects going on inside the house.
Scare factors: decent. For a long house, decent amount of scares. Ending is also not so great.
Length and wait time: it is the longest house in this year event. It also has the longest wait time (more than 40 minutes).

6. Dracula Untold
Effects: decent
Scare factors: not enough. There are some hit and miss scares inside the house.
Length and wait time: short house for a long wait time.

7. Roanoke Cannibal Colony
Effects: not enough.
Scare factors: not enough. The house brings you back to the old days.
Length and wait time: decent

8. From Dusk till Dawn
Effects: not enough
Scare factors: not enough. The inside of the house is amazing, but scare factors are little.
Length and wait time: decent.

Scare zones:
1. The Purge Anarchy
Very chaotic and very cool

2. Bayou of Blood
Very great ambience

3. Face Off In the Flesh
Very photo op but not enough

4. Maskerade Unstitched
Amazing costumes

Shows:
Unfortunately, we don't have enough times to see any.

Hey!

Can't thank you enough for getting me into Preview Night. It was fun to hang out with you and get thru (most) of the houses. Take care!

Is there a holding pen inside the park for passholder preview night? One that isn't Stay n Scream?

We're going to be in the parks before hand, I just was curious if we'd have to go out and come back in at 5.

In case anyone is wondering about parking fees during HHN, they are as follows:

Regular cost ($17.00) until 8pm...reduced to $5.00 from 8-10pm and then free after 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter