halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

yes, you go to the main entrance.

many taxis are available all evening.
go thru city walk to reach the taxi stand or go to the closest onsite hotel and have a taxi called for you.

We will be taking a taxi from the airport to Universal. Do we go to the main entrance? Are there taxis standing by to take us back to MCO?
Yes...go to the main gate at the Studios. You'll see the line of people waiting to get into the park. Taxis are in great supply when HHN ends...you won't have any trouble finding one.

Does anyone know where the stay and scream holding area is going to be for the soundstages this year? I would assume that they'd be near Finnegan's, but that area has the Purge scars zone running down that block now.

Does anyone know where the stay and scream holding area is going to be for the soundstages this year? I would assume that they'd be near Finnegan's, but that area has the Purge scars zone running down that block now.

the scare zones are not active until after the park opens at 6:30 pm.
it could be 6:30-6:45 when they, the SA are on set.

the holding areas can release the people anytime security gives the all clear.

that could be anytime between 5:30 to 6:00 etc.
you are released way before the park opens.

Awesome! I forgot about the time difference for the scare zones and the release to the houses. I can't wait for Friday to get here!

i'm anxious for the reviews that will come out before i get there in october.

hhn will start soon but seems like the days are dragging unti it gets here.

Well, you guys, we're officially in the final stretch!

Can't wait to hear thoughts from the employee preview before attending opening night!

I don't know about anyone else, but these "Compound" transmissions are getting me pretty stoked.

I'm worried about the weather, and too excited to focus on anything at work, but I am so looking forward to Friday!

Anxious to hear first hand reports. It's tough for an obsessive planner such as myself to not know very much about an event such as this. I do have Stay and Scream, Express Passes and a dinner ressie at Finnegans for 4:45 PM thanks to suggestions.

I'm really excited to see the reviews and thoughts that come from this weekend. I'm leaving for Universal on Monday and will be at HHN all 4 nights next weekend. Have Finnegans reservations for the Thurs and Sun and am doing the AP event on Fri and Sat. I'm as prepared as I can be at this point and can't wait to get there!

Nice to see all the images up at the entrance........think we saw them Sunday.........including a huge Michael Myers face.........:scared:

I have a ticketing question. We purchased a package for Oct 14th - 19th at Portofino with 4 day park hoppers. The package is paid in full. We want to add the HHN tickets for the 17th but I can't see a way to add them online (wants us to purchase park tickets as well which we don't need).

If I call them up will they be able to add the HHN tickets to our package at the discounted price?

Anxious to hear first hand reports. It's tough for an obsessive planner such as myself to not know very much about an event such as this. I do have Stay and Scream, Express Passes and a dinner ressie at Finnegans for 4:45 PM thanks to suggestions.

THIS!!!!!
:faint:

We know the parks "like the back-of-our-hands" when it comes to Christmas...and a few other USO things...but this is SOOO outta my league!...IT'S SCARY!!! (no really...it IS scary!) :eek:
We are super busy with print jobs right now, so I have very little time to do my due diligence, and with a very special needs 16 y/o in the fold, I try to cover as much as possible on "every aspect" of our trips. ::yes::

Ok, I have been to Universal quite a few times and have never had a FOTL pass and never really had any issues with super long lines other than the expected big rides. I usually go during slow season and will do the same again this year so never really needed a FOTL pass. My question is, will I need a FOTL pass for HHN? We are going on a Sunday night in September (9/28 to be exact.) It will just be myself and my girlfriend and we would like to see all of the attractions they have to offer or at least as much as possible. I would just hate to spend another 100+ dollars on top of the park tix and HHN tix that w already purchased.

In short, do you think it would be possible for us to see all of the attractions without a FOTL pass?

Second question, we have a 4 day park hopper pass.....if we do NOT do a park during the day and attend HHN at night, will that count as one of our days in the parks?

And lastly (i think/hope....lol), is there any recommended guidelines to see as uch of the HHN attractions as efficiently as possible? Like a touring plan kinda thing?

Thanx to any who respond and sorry for my repetitive questions.

Ok, I have been to Universal quite a few times and have never had a FOTL pass and never really had any issues with super long lines other than the expected big rides. I usually go during slow season and will do the same again this year so never really needed a FOTL pass. My question is, will I need a FOTL pass for HHN? We are going on a Sunday night in September (9/28 to be exact.) It will just be myself and my girlfriend and we would like to see all of the attractions they have to offer or at least as much as possible. I would just hate to spend another 100+ dollars on top of the park tix and HHN tix that w already purchased.

In short, do you think it would be possible for us to see all of the attractions without a FOTL pass?

Second question, we have a 4 day park hopper pass.....if we do NOT do a park during the day and attend HHN at night, will that count as one of our days in the parks?

And lastly (i think/hope....lol), is there any recommended guidelines to see as uch of the HHN attractions as efficiently as possible? Like a touring plan kinda thing?

Thanx to any who respond and sorry for my repetitive questions.

i have been to HHN during opening weekend and other weekends that follow it.
never have been at the ending though of the event.

usually you won't need the ep for the first two weekends as the crowds are not bad.
saturdays are the only nights where i would expect crowds, not necessarily at the same level for sundays.

that third weekend (october) i think you would need the ep.
but you are going prior to that.

you could be okay winging it and not buy the ep for your date.
but, if this is the only night you are going and you want to hit every house, scare zone and both shows, you would need to stay in the park and go to the holding area.
when you do that, you will be able to do 3 houses before the park is officially open to everyone.

sunday, the hhn event ends at 1:00 am.
the next day is a work day.
if locals come that night, they might not stay the entire time due to working the next morning.

you would need to have a park ticket to be in the park prior to 5:00 and go to the holding area.
if you don't stay in the park that sunday, you would have to wait in line outside the entrance gate.
that line can start to build before 6:00 pm.
and you would have to go thru a metal detector which can take time if the person prior to you forgets about the car keys in the pocket....

if it would rain/pour that night you are going to hhn, you probably won't have a full park that night.
locals and those with the frequent hhn passes can use that pass for other nights.

you could chance it and if you start to see hour waits for a house, buy the ep at the park then.
they can sell out on some nights but i haven't seen/heard that happen in september.
if you are going to see how the crowds are first in the park that night, and encounter long house waits, get the ep before 9:00 pm.
you can only use it once per house, show, ride.

if you have a 4 day pass, use that to get in the park during the day sunday.
stay in the park as the TM's will direct you to a holding area when the park closes.
do the rides in the daytime and skip them during the hard ticket event.
get the hhn guide/park map and check the 2 show times and work around that time.

the hhn ticket is a separate ticket from the 4 day PtP passes you have.
the day park ticket won't cover hhn admittance.

i do the stay and scream holding section.
i hit the first 3 houses that are open early.
then i check the updates that are on the sites in the park for line waits.
i zig and i zag.

i do check the show times for bill and teds and rhps so i can catch them in the evening.
that is why i suggest to get the hhn map when you are in the holding area to check out.
sometimes a house will not open until 7 and it would indicate on that guide map.

we all have been newbies to HHN at least once in our lives.
i know i had questions when i started going to HHN years ago.
ask all the questions you need help with.

op, read the threads here to see how the lines are after this weekend is over.
one of the threads that is a sticky would be a place to read.

others that have gone before the 28th, will mention line waits and the plan they used for the night to catch everything.

it can give you an idea of what to prepare for.

Wow, thanks for all that info. I definitely didn't know about the holding area and seeing the 3 houses early. That could potentially knock a lot off of the bucket list pretty quickly. From my understanding, the houses are the 2 shows are the big must see attractions. The rest is all just walk through areas which we will have all night to get through.

With that ll in mind now, we will probably enter the park around 2 or 3pm, then go to the holding area. (The holding area has restaurants in range I assume?)

Thanx again for the help. I'm sure I will come up with even more questions within the next few days.

With that ll in mind now, we will probably enter the park around 2 or 3pm, then go to the holding area. (The holding area has restaurants in range I assume?)
The two closest restaurants are Finnegan's (table service) and Louie's (counter service). Finnegan's will get really busy after 4:30pm with people coming to HHN and deciding to eat first. Louie's has great Italian food but will close at 4:30pm before reopening after HHN starts. I prefer Louie's since it's quick and I'm not dependent on the wait staff...I usually get the worst waiters on the planet. Both are very good though so you won't go wrong with either one.

Tonight's the night! I'll probably make a post when I get tonight with some initial impressions. I'll try to avoid any real spoilers :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Tonight's the night! I'll probably make a post when I get tonight with some initial impressions. I'll try to avoid any real spoilers :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

please.......put the spoilers in.
i love spoilers..

i noticed on behind the thrills site they didn't include spoilers when they reviewed the houses during the media event.

hope you have a great time tonight!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter