halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

I got an email from Universal with tickets (discounts) for AP holders. I want to get the rush of fear ticket...but when I click the "buy now" link and enter my AP information, I end up at the regular Universal website. No disounted tickets there, not regular rush of fear tickets either...just regular HHN tickets.
Has anyone had any luck purchasing the discounted rush of fear ticket?

When the holding areas open do they both go to the same house? Or does each area let out to a different house? I only went 2 nights last year and we went to Finnegans both of those nights and waited. I'm going 4 nights this year and have reservations for 2 of the nights at Finnegans. I was planning on going to the other holding area the other 2 nights. But if they both go to the same house when opened I'm going to make 2 more Finnegans reservations. Hope that what I'm asking makes sense.

Am I crazy or did I calculate right - -

I put in four 3-Day PTP + two Stay & Scream + two EP for HHN.

That was cheaper than . . .

four 2-Day PTP + two Gen. Admin. HHN + two EP HHN.

(Only two of us are going to HHN on a Sunday.)

If I did it right, the Stay & Scream is an awesome deal! Plus, it appears to be only a $40 difference between the 2 vs. 3 Day PTP for our family!!

Thank you for all the advice on this thread (as well as the others)!

I got an email from Universal with tickets (discounts) for AP holders. I want to get the rush of fear ticket...but when I click the "buy now" link and enter my AP information, I end up at the regular Universal website. No disounted tickets there, not regular rush of fear tickets either...just regular HHN tickets.
Has anyone had any luck purchasing the discounted rush of fear ticket?

i talked with the online ticket store this morning.
the ap rates are listed on the UO website but are not loaded in the computer yet.

looks like an IT problem.

i called the online store around 3:30 this after noon and was told they are still working on the glitch for selling the ap rush of fear and frequent fear passes.

I was told to try again tomorrow and hopefully you can buy then.

I am wanting to buy the AP FF + express pass

How quickly do the rush of fear with express sell out? I would like to go this year the 1st Fri-Sun in Oct. However, due to responsibilities at work, I will not know if I can be spared until probably early to mid September.

When the holding areas open do they both go to the same house? Or does each area let out to a different house? I only went 2 nights last year and we went to Finnegans both of those nights and waited. I'm going 4 nights this year and have reservations for 2 of the nights at Finnegans. I was planning on going to the other holding area the other 2 nights. But if they both go to the same house when opened I'm going to make 2 more Finnegans reservations. Hope that what I'm asking makes sense.
Each holding area has it's own S & S house. The one by Finnegan's will feature one of the soundstage houses. No one knows which house will be featured for each holding areas.

i read on another aboard there was a possible 3 year contract.
this would be year 3.

If you are planning on doing Stay & Scream, you will need to be in the park prior to closing making leaving and returning extremely difficult. If you aren't inside the park by 4:45pm, you will not be admitted until the public mob outside is released around 6:30pm. So...I would plan on eating inside the park at Finnegan's which is the only place open during the change over period.

Did I answer your question?

I appreciate the info. Just to make sure I understand, SnS applies to hard ticketholders who are inside the park at closing? How many holding areas are there?

I appreciate the info. Just to make sure I understand, SnS applies to hard ticketholders who are inside the park at closing? How many holding areas are there?

yes, that add on ticket, SnS, will allow you to stay in the park to wait for HHN release.

i can think of 2 holding areas last year.

one by the main merch store / DE ride, one by finnegans and thought there was a 3rd holding area.

yes, that add on ticket, SnS, will allow you to stay in the park to wait for HHN release.

i can think of 2 holding areas last year.

one by the main merch store / DE ride, one by finnegans and thought there was a 3rd holding area.
I'm pretty sure there was also one back by ET/Animal Actor Show.

I'm pretty sure there was also one back by ET/Animal Actor Show.

i know there was for some years but last year i rode ET and got off the ride around 5:20 and no holding site in that area at the day i was there.

finnegans area was closed as it was full and they walked me to the one near the DE/merch store.

What would be the ideal time for a Finnigan's reservation? I doubt we will want a full meal in the late afternoon, but it would be nice to have a table for some appetizers & maybe a cocktail while we wait??? :confused3:

i talked with the online ticket store this morning. the ap rates are listed on the UO website but are not loaded in the computer yet. looks like an IT problem. i called the online store around 3:30 this after noon and was told they are still working on the glitch for selling the ap rush of fear and frequent fear passes. I was told to try again tomorrow and hopefully you can buy then. I am wanting to buy the AP FF + express pass
Thanks a lot. As long as its just a glitch in the system and I can purchase the ticket at some point all is fine. I was worried that it could be a problem with ordering and accessing the website from overseas. Cant wait to finally experience HHN for the very first time :-)

What would be the ideal time for a Finnigan's reservation? I doubt we will want a full meal in the late afternoon, but it would be nice to have a table for some appetizers & maybe a cocktail while we wait??? :confused3:

I did 4:15 both times last year and it worked well for us but we were eating a meal. I did notice that within 30 minutes or so of our arrival there was a significant increase of people in the restaurant and milling about the bar and a fairly long line of people waiting to check in. If I was just going for appetizers and drinks I'd probably go around 4:30.

QUESTION - I have been going for years and have never noticed this.

Usually we buy stay and scream along with hard ticket and express passes.

This year we are on a more strict budget so no stay and scream. We just want HHN ticket and express pass. If I am looking correctly it shows the Rush of Fear is less expensive that the general admission.. Too me this does not make sense you can go multiple TH,Sun for less than a general admission. Or do I have this wrong maybe it has to be purchased with a general admission ticket like the stay and scream.

So basically can I just checkout with the Rush of fear and Express pass? We are going Oct 2 Thursday.

Thanks

ALSO - We usually get there around 4:15 and head to Finnegans. This year we won't so what time should we get to park what time do lines at front die down by? Would rather not wait at gates for over an hour.

I've made a 4:45pm reservation for Finnegan's since we're planning to do the Unmasking the Horror tour (last year we had to rush off after the tour to make a 4:30 reservation). We eat fairly quickly and so I'm not too worried about being done in time, but now I'm starting to get concerned that we will have to wait in a long line to check in and won't actually get seated until much later.

OK...This sounds real fun.But this thread keeps going on.And I am confussed.....SO....That said what do I need in the line of tickets.other than the normal park ticket's....Should I be trying to get them now??And where do I need to shop??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter