halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

We purchased our park-to-park tickets last month via airmiles, hoping that when tickets went on sale we would just be able to purchase the discounted add-on tickets on the website by entering our ticket numbers. I see that's not an option on the website. :worried: Since we used airmiles to purchase our PTP tickets, will we have to purchase our HHN tickets when we're at the park or could we call in with our ticket numbers? If we have to purchase them at the park... how often does the event sell out? We're planning on attending Wednesday, October 15th.

I was able to purchase add-on tickets without entering anything about my park ticket. I am assuming I will be asked at the gate to produce my park ticket and add on ticket. :confused3

I was able to purchase add-on tickets without entering anything about my park ticket. I am assuming I will be asked at the gate to produce my park ticket and add on ticket. :confused3

Just went and tried it out again. I thought you had to select the PTP option next for it to proceed... ::facepalm:: I now see that you don't. Oops, my bad. haha well that is certainly good news!

edit: Well, it's not exactly working... when I choose the tickets under "HHN ADD-ON TICKET" - I click 'Add to cart' and afterwards, it does say 'Added', but the online subtotal remains $0.00. When I click next to 'review & checkout' - there's nothing in my shopping cart??

Using: https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store-HHN/PurchaseTickets.aspx?HHNTickets

Just went and tried it out again. I thought you had to select the PTP option next for it to proceed... ::facepalm:: I now see that you don't. Oops, my bad. haha well that is certainly good news!

edit: Well, it's not exactly working... when I choose the tickets under "HHN ADD-ON TICKET" - I click 'Add to cart' and afterwards, it does say 'Added', but the online subtotal remains $0.00. When I click next to 'review & checkout' - there's nothing in my shopping cart??

Using: https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store-HHN/PurchaseTickets.aspx?HHNTickets
I tried just now and it worked for me. It came up at $152.99 plus tax for a one day park ticket and HHN ticket for a Friday. Make sure you are putting in the number of tickets before selecting any ticket option. You do not have to have P2P tickets...HHN is only in the Studios so a one day ticket is fine.

I tried just now and it worked for me. It came up at $152.99 plus tax for a one day park ticket and HHN ticket for a Friday. Make sure you are putting in the number of tickets before selecting any ticket option. You do not have to have P2P tickets...HHN is only in the Studios so a one day ticket is fine.

We already have our PTP tickets purchased - the problem was I was unable to purchase the add-on version of the HHN tickets without having to purchase yet another ticket for the park(s).

Anyway, I figured out how to make it work. I selected the HHN ticket alongside a regular park ticket, then clicked 'remove' on the park entry ticket on the review and checkout page.

We already have our PTP tickets purchased - the problem was I was unable to purchase the add-on version of the HHN tickets without having to purchase yet another ticket for the park(s).

Anyway, I figured out how to make it work. I selected the HHN ticket alongside a regular park ticket, then clicked 'remove' on the park entry ticket on the review and checkout page.
Yeah...I saw that. I'm surprised the website is allowing the purchase of the HHN ticket w/o adding park tickets to it.

Yeah...I saw that. I'm surprised the website is allowing the purchase of the HHN ticket w/o adding park tickets to it.

Why? Our trip has been planned around attending the Halloween events of both Disney and Universal. Our tickets were purchased knowing that there would be a discounted cost for HHN - I don't see how it matters when the tickets were purchased, then or now. I think anyone who has pre-purchased tickets should be entitled to the add-on discount. We will be in the park during the day and staying for the event at night.

But I do find it strange that they don't have a section where you can enter in your pre-purchased tickets # or something. I assume when at the park, we will have to show proof of purchase.

Why? Our trip has been planned around attending the Halloween events of both Disney and Universal. Our tickets were purchased knowing that there would be a discounted cost for HHN - I don't see how it matters when the tickets were purchased, then or now. I think anyone who has pre-purchased tickets should be entitled to the add-on discount. We will be in the park during the day and staying for the event at night.

But I do find it strange that they don't have a section where you can enter in your pre-purchased tickets # or something. I assume when at the park, we will have to show proof of purchase.
The fact that the website is allowing the purchase of the add-on ticket w/o verifying theme park ticket numbers is strange. You are right...there should be somewhere to enter the ticket numbers before letting the transaction finish. I'm not arguing with you about when or where theme park tickets were purchased or when...it doesn't matter. The point is...in the past you always had a prove your theme park tickets have already been purchased in order to get the HHN discount.

We are going for the first time this October - 26th, a Sunday. Our group includes three 20 something young adults and two 60 something parents. I am not sure I have the stomach for the constant fright, so I'm not quite ready to purchase the tickets yet. So, I have just a couple of questions: If the $41.99 for an add on ticket is discounted, how much is the discount off the regular price? Does the event sell out and should I be worried about that?

Thanks in advance!

We are going for the first time this October - 26th, a Sunday. Our group includes three 20 something young adults and two 60 something parents. I am not sure I have the stomach for the constant fright, so I'm not quite ready to purchase the tickets yet. So, I have just a couple of questions: If the $41.99 for an add on ticket is discounted, how much is the discount off the regular price? Does the event sell out and should I be worried about that?

Thanks in advance!
The add on ticket is about the same discount as the Florida resident discount for a single admission. The regular general admission cost is $95.99 for a single night but discounts range from $41.99 to $72.99 depending on the night you're going. Typically the cheaper cost is for off peak which is Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Fridays are more but Saturdays are prime time for ticket costs and crowds. I doubt seriously the event will sell out but you can purchase the add on ticket anytime after theme park tickets are purchased.

We are thinking about trying the first Fri-Sun night in Oct with the rush of fear with express. Just wanted to verify this includes express to the houses each of those nights, correct? If so sounds like a bargain

We are thinking about trying the first Fri-Sun night in Oct with the rush of fear with express. Just wanted to verify this includes express to the houses each of those nights, correct? If so sounds like a bargain

Indeed!!

I will be there for the event October 2 through the 5th!

Mac, you gonna be there on the 5th, right? If not, I'll push my trip back a week.

Will buy the Rush of Fear plus Express tomorrow.

:cool1:

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

Indeed!!

I will be there for the event October 2 through the 5th!

Mac, you gonna be there on the 5th, right? If not, I'll push my trip back a week.

Will buy the Rush of Fear plus Express tomorrow.

:cool1:

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

Oct 5th........

i already contacted Pax and wife and sending a note to Sharky for the 5th.
Plan for the 5th.

Well, I can't say I'm exactly thrilled at the idea of another TWD House this year, but at the same time, I'm hoping that they'll really be able to get it right so we'll get that sense of being trapped by a massive herd of walkers, all trying to rip out our throats. Also, the last season of TWD did give them a journey upon which they can take us in the house, so the more I consider, the more hope I have for them to exceed our (admittedly low) expectations for the house.

Right now I'm looking at getting the FF+ Pass again. As a local annual passholder, it works out to the best value for the money. Plus, I've been able to arrange my work schedule so I should be able to do S&S most nights and get some good house time in before the descent of the masses. No express pass for me though. That would almost triple the cost of admission.

Even though I am not too sure how happy I am with another TWD house but I do know depending what day I got class and work, I will be there every Thursday or Friday night!

Also I am hoping there is a Purge theme somewhere this year. I don't care if it is a SZ or a house.

i'm not thrilled with WD again but from what i read in Behind the Thrills, the WD house will be big and only 2 sections/streets of SA of WD.

i'm a huge fan of WD tv show and if it is done right and lots of walkers are involved in the house, i'm good with it.

behind the thrills is always correct and gives out a wealth of info on the darkside.

now i only need to wait for the day tour info.

Can't quite decide which ticket to purchase... We'll be there 9/30 through 10/6 and was considering the Rush of Fear and would probably have to go with the + Express version because we simply loathe waiting in line. But I'm not entirely sure we even want to go more than one night. One night was enough for me last year... all that walking did us in. When I first asked my daughter if she wanted to go more than one night she said yes, but now she's dithering (probably because I said I wasn't sure about going more than one night) and is no help whatsoever (drives me nuts that she capitulates to my opinion and never really expresses one of her own). I need to think on it a bit... how quickly do the Rush of Fear + Express usually sell out?

every year, the promo states "buy soon as tickets do sell out"......

and i buy my tickets early while my friends i meet up with there, don't.

there are some nights that the express tickets can sell out.

9/30 and early october don't sell out.

you listed 10/6 but no hhn on that night.
(typo i'm sure but do you mean the 5th)

crowds start to build on saturdays and then can sell out later in the month.

if you look at the chart for ep prices, the higher dates tend to run out.

if your daughter wants to do another night and you don't, check out the non private group tour.
she would be with others w/ a tour guide for the houses.
need to be 16 for a group tour.

We have P2P tickets for Sept 25 as well as tickets for HHN. I've seen mention of a "holding area" that HHN ticket holders are sent to some sort of holding/staging area between US closing and HHN opening.

My question is this something required or would we be able to grab a bite to eat on City Walk before the evening's festivities begin?

TIA

We have P2P tickets for Sept 25 as well as tickets for HHN. I've seen mention of a "holding area" that HHN ticket holders are sent to some sort of holding/staging area between US closing and HHN opening.

My question is this something required or would we be able to grab a bite to eat on City Walk before the evening's festivities begin?

TIA
If you are planning on doing Stay & Scream, you will need to be in the park prior to closing making leaving and returning extremely difficult. If you aren't inside the park by 4:45pm, you will not be admitted until the public mob outside is released around 6:30pm. So...I would plan on eating inside the park at Finnegan's which is the only place open during the change over period.

Did I answer your question?

listen to Metro about being in the park around 4:45 on the HHN nights if you have that ticket.

if you are not in the park near closing time of 5:00 pm, you willl have to enter HHN when the main gates open.

there have been some dates i have gone when UO closes entrance at 4:50 and not on the dot at 5:00 pm.

the regular line can be slow as all have to walk thru metal detectors to get into the park.

i have seen on some dates where those without a park ticket, start to line up at 4:30 at the entrance for the 6:30 opening .

if you are a guest at one of the 3 onsite hotels, you will be able to enter a special line (that is if they have it in effect this year) from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
your hotel will inform you of this location.
in past years it is the one line to the far right of the entrance.

you still have to go thru the metal detectors in the hotel entrance line to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter