• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Horror Nights 2013

For anybody planning on attending HHN this year who is also a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead, there are some great Dead Yourself photo ops in the Atlanta scare zone.

They have some props that are meant to resemble walls of sandbags with half-eaten corpses sprawled across them. Take a photo of yourself bent over the corpse but looking at the camera as if you've been interrupted while snacking. Then, using the Dead Yourself app, zombify yourself. They make for some awesomely creepy photos. If you get the one by Finn's and you position it correctly, there will be a sign on the building beside you that reads "breakfast" which made it even more deliciously creepy.

This is what I ended up looking like...
537056_10201505418271640_1426907007_n.jpg

They are allowed but not in the houses when you are going thru then
You take can take picture outside of houses, scareactore, prompts,etc

If you do the day house tours,you are allowed to take pics during those tours.

Does anyone have any experience with the valet or preferred parking during HHN? We are going on a peak night, this Saturday (the only night we could go). We did shell out the $109 each for the express passes.

We are cutting it a little close as I have to work a half day and drive to Orlando after (about 3 hour drive leaving at 2pm), but hopefully we will make it in around 5pm. In the event that we arrive closer to 6, I can only imagine how crowded the parking lines to get in, city walk security lines, etc will be right before the event on one of the busiest nights. Do you think I will save a significant amount of time/stress by valet parking? If not, is preferred parking worth anything?

I'm also thinking that it if we did, it might allow us to avoid the whole "parking lot" effect when everyone leaves at the same time, since it seems like a different entrance/exit. Is this correct or does there tend to be a long wait to get your car back?

I've only ever parked regular, but this is my only shot at HHN this year and I've spent a lot of money on it ($380 for two people!!!) so any tips to get in or out quickly would be very appreciated.

Does anyone have any experience with the valet or preferred parking during HHN? We are going on a peak night, this Saturday (the only night we could go). We did shell out the $109 each for the express passes.

We are cutting it a little close as I have to work a half day and drive to Orlando after (about 3 hour drive leaving at 2pm), but hopefully we will make it in around 5pm. In the event that we arrive closer to 6, I can only imagine how crowded the parking lines to get in, city walk security lines, etc will be right before the event on one of the busiest nights. Do you think I will save a significant amount of time/stress by valet parking? If not, is preferred parking worth anything?

I'm also thinking that it if we did, it might allow us to avoid the whole "parking lot" effect when everyone leaves at the same time, since it seems like a different entrance/exit. Is this correct or does there tend to be a long wait to get your car back?

I've only ever parked regular, but this is my only shot at HHN this year and I've spent a lot of money on it ($380 for two people!!!) so any tips to get in or out quickly would be very appreciated.
After around 6PM, the lines to get into the garage get long but valet is worse. I would try to get there as early as you can and stick with regular parking. Preferred won't really do much for you and you never know which level you'll end up on with regular. The five times I've been so far this year I've entered around 4PM and have parked on the first level four times and level four Friday night. All were easy exits.

Are cameras not allowed ?
It's difficult to take good night shots at HHN because most of the park is dark. Cameras are not allowed inside the houses except during the tour Macraven mentioned. I don't fool with taking my camera to HHN...it just gets in the way.

Any advice welcome?

My husband loves HHN. Last year I went with him and we had a great time. This year I invited some of our friends and we are going in a group (4 of our friends). He was down with it at first, but I can tell he is worried about it now. I don't want to ruin his trip and we have our tickets for Friday.

Here are the issues -
* We always get express passes, but the group says they can't afford it.
*We are all riding together and last night one of ours friends mentioned she doesn't get off work till 5pm (its a 2.5 hour drive)
*They are first time HHN and theme park goers. They seem to think it will be a leisurely stroll that will include a sit down dinner during HHN.

At this point I am even thinking I will need to give hubby a second trip, but I don't think he will be able to get off work again.

I am not sure there is anything we can do, but any helpful tips are welcomed. I don't wanna seem like an **** to friends, but I don't want an angry husband either.

Here are the issues -
* We are all riding together and last night one of ours friends mentioned she doesn't get off work till 5pm (its a 2.5 hour drive)
*They are first time HHN and theme park goers. They seem to think it will be a leisurely stroll that will include a sit down dinner during HHN.
These are valid issues and I too would be a little concerned. I think you need to let your friends know HHN is not what they think it is. Arriving that late (7-8PM) and not having EPs would be a complete waste of the evening...IMHO. You would not be able to do more than two houses with the crowd at that time of night. EPs are expensive...I haven't had them for two years now but I live in Orlando and make multiple trips. You can make time for dinner if you want but having limited time, grab a snack...not a complete sit down meal.

I think you should explain to your friends how things are...based on your experience and tell them it would be better if they come another night when your party can arrive much earlier. Then you and the hubby can enjoy the evening.

Homie...

Marco and I looked for youse Sunday night!
We could not find youse,
When will youse Be there?

Wanna see youse.
Thursday, Sunday?

(Know will see youse for dinner Friday)

Just got back from HHN. We did the S&S on Sunday night and had a blast. This wad our first time going and it lived up to the hype. We were able to do 6 houses (AWIL, Evil Dead, TWD, Cabin the Woods, Havoc, and the 3D) plus saw both shows.
We didn't have the ep and did wait in some long lines but it worked out for us.
We had a great time and the scare zones are fun. We stopped several times and took photos.
Really enjoyed Bill and Teds but RHPS not so much.

Loved most of the houses. Wished we would have skipped the havoc house and seen la lanora instead.

We will be going back next year!

After around 6PM, the lines to get into the garage get long but valet is worse. I would try to get there as early as you can and stick with regular parking. Preferred won't really do much for you and you never know which level you'll end up on with regular. The five times I've been so far this year I've entered around 4PM and have parked on the first level four times and level four Friday night. All were easy exits.

Thanks for the advice! I think we will just park regular then.

Any advice welcome?
*We are all riding together and last night one of ours friends mentioned she doesn't get off work till 5pm (its a 2.5 hour drive)

I know what you mean about not wanting to a be a ***** to your friends- I run into this same situation a lot in group travel. We used to go with a group and it would always turn up exactly how you describe. It stopped being fun only getting into 2-3 houses (maybe 1 show and no rides) and the group stopped going every year.

Our friends actually planned to go with us this year and we let them know that if they wanted to tour with us they would need to get express passes. They ended up not going because of the cost.

Friday is going to be very busy. I would confront your friends about whether they want to wait in lines all night or fork over the $79. Show them this picture from easywdw.com and ask them if they want to stand there for 180 minutes:

cfhsdfd38.jpg

If that doesn't work, my best suggestion to you is to consider the possibility of driving up separately and getting to the event early when it opens with your DH. I would use the express and get into as many houses as you can while your friends drive up to meet you. Realistically if your friends are leaving AT 5:30 and don't hit any traffic they will meet you at the earliest 8:30-9pm after parking, walking in, security checkpoints etc. You could then relax, knowing you've already seen 4-5 houses by then and just enjoy being at the event with your friends. :drinking1

Homie...

Marco and I looked for youse Sunday night!
We could not find youse,
When will youse Be there?

Wanna see youse.
Thursday, Sunday?

(Know will see youse for dinner Friday)
The only night I can guarantee is Friday night. Thursday is a no and Sunday is a maybe.

Just got my ticket for HHN with express pass and going on Sun Oct 20. This is my first time and I think if I didn't go and heard it was fabulous I would be kicking myself afterwards. So, for this girl who spent most of the time in the lobby while at the Exorcist movie, I am going to have to brave! Now, the scare actors are not allowed to touch us are they? I do love Halloween and always have. Going to MNSSHP on Friday for a warm up - LOL!:rotfl::scared1::scared1:

Deanie1 said:
Just got my ticket for HHN with express pass and going on Sun Oct 20. This is my first time and I think if I didn't go and heard it was fabulous I would be kicking myself afterwards. So, for this girl who spent most of the time in the lobby while at the Exorcist movie, I am going to have to brave! Now, the scare actors are not allowed to touch us are they? I do love Halloween and always have. Going to MNSSHP on Friday for a warm up - LOL!:rotfl::scared1::scared1:

I'm with you I'm scared to death of all horror movies but find myself coming back to hhn every year

It is comforting to hear that you HAVE gone back again! I figure there will be lots of people and safety in numbers. I am a little worried about the amount of walking as we will be at IOA for rope drop. I might need a bit of caffeine to make it through the night.;)

It is comforting to hear that you HAVE gone back again! I figure there will be lots of people and safety in numbers. I am a little worried about the amount of walking as we will be at IOA for rope drop. I might need a bit of caffeine to make it through the night.;)

Wow you can get through IOA by early afternoon go catch a quick nape be at studios to get in the holding pen,

This will be my fifth ... It's just a real blast

That would be a great plan except that our hotel is at WDW. Too bad there is no Hall of Presidents there... Any suggestions of a good nap place at USF?

That would be a great plan except that our hotel is at WDW. Too bad there is no Hall of Presidents there... Any suggestions of a good nap place at USF?

Me I use my hotel room at PBH..

But seriously I would try to go back to WDW hotel.. what it's like 15 min ride.. Or go have a nice long lunch around 2-3 head over to the studios for the holding pen before 4:30..

Otherwise you are gonna be dragging ...

What day you going?

We stayed the whole day and then went to HHN on a very busy night last year. I had the adrenalin going early but I was dragging badly around 10. There really is nothing dull enough to nap through at Universal unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter