Halloween Horror Nights 2013

Found this on my HHN forum:

10:30 is Resident Evil, Walking Dead and Evil Dead. 2pm is Cabin in the Woods, American Werewolf in London and La Llorona.

I'm probably gonna shoot for the 2pm. Maybe. Still not sure if I'm going to. It will be cutting into my pool hopping day. But I probably will haha.

I visit Universal Orlando on Oct. 6 with my friend and then will also attend HHN while my friend goes home. We do have a dinner reservation for Finnegan's at 4:45.

Will there be a problem as he doesn't have a ticket for HHN and the park closes at 5 for the day visitors?

I visit Universal Orlando on Oct. 6 with my friend and then will also attend HHN while my friend goes home. We do have a dinner reservation for Finnegan's at 4:45.

Will there be a problem as he doesn't have a ticket for HHN and the park closes at 5 for the day visitors?
Not until after dinner...if he doesn't have a wrist band, he will have to leave the park. He's good until 5PM since the park is still open.

Of course, he'll be leaving right after dinner. But as long as we are having dinner in the restaurant, he won't be kicked out or not be served at 5 PM?

Of course, he'll be leaving right after dinner. But as long as we are having dinner in the restaurant, he won't be kicked out or not be served at 5 PM?
I can't imagine they would kick him out while he's eating.

Universal is offering 2 different UTH tours this year. Each will do 3 different houses so you have the chance of seeing 6 houses this year if you sign up for both (and they do offer a discount).

This will be my first time going to HHN with my 15 yo daughter and I'm a little nervous about it. I was considering doing the UTH tour before we actually do the event, but am concerned that could backfire and ruin the mystery. Should we maybe do it after instead?

This will be my first time going to HHN with my 15 yo daughter and I'm a little nervous about it. I was considering doing the UTH tour before we actually do the event, but am concerned that could backfire and ruin the mystery. Should we maybe do it after instead?

i love the uth and booked two different ones already.

what i enjoy about those tours are the details put into the houses and background info.

you see the houses with the lights on.
you see all the details inside.
find the boo holes.
this is the only time you will be able to take pictures, ask questions of the tour guide and get background info on its theme.

if you are nervous of doing hhn, the day house tour might alleviate that as you will have an idea of what to expect later that night.

in the evening during the hhn event, you will not be able to see all the house details.
it will be dark and you will be in a conga line going through each house.
you will miss the details then.

for me, i prefer doing the day tour before i do the evening event.
i love learning more about the background, house props, house details, etc before i do the congo walk thru the houses in the dark.

It is for real!

It's better than Christmas morning!!

:goodvibes

I just changed to do both morning and afternoon tours!!! The TM confirmed the 6 houses! :cool1:

I've been asked on previous years if I have a HHN ticket (staying for the event) when dining at Finnegan's (around 4:30 p.m.). I always have one, of course, so I don't know what the answer might be if your friend doesn't have one at 4:45 pm...... :confused3

I always do it after. I do HHN the first night and the next day do the tour and see all I've missed out. Then, redo the houses at night and do it with a different perspective....
In your case, I might do it before....:rotfl2: The actual scares come from the scare actors when they jump out at you and they wont be present during the tour :goodvibes

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

Technically, having a 4:45PM priority seating doesn't even guarantee that you'll be seated by 5PM. Finnegan's is packed prior to park closing. You might want to bump your seating request to either 4:30, and maybe even 4:15 (which is what I have as 2 in my group aren't doing HHNs).

if you are seated by 5:00, your friend will not have a problem.
they don't start doing the ticket checks inside until after 5:00.

just give the tm a heads up he doesn't have a hhn ticket but he is on the ressie with you.
ressie will be in one name but you list the number in your party.

Not so much with houses like Walking Dead, Evil Dead, etc.....you already know the back story but when you do a house that's from Universal it's so cool to know the back story with the house and the things you see in the house then mean something to you. I don't think it ruins the house to do the tour before, it enhances it :goodvibes

I always do it after. I do HHN the first night and the next day do the tour and see all I've missed out. Then, redo the houses at night and do it with a different perspective....
In your case, I might do it before.... The actual scares come from the scare actors when they jump out at you and they wont be present during the tour

Cheers!

Marquibiri

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'm thinking about buying tickets for HHN, I'll be down in Orlando from October 4th-8th. I'll be there more so for food and wine at Epcot, but since we only have two days left on tickets on the 4th after we fly in we go to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and then Saturday we planned to go to IOA and US and citywalk. I've gotten into The Walking Dead in past couple weeks so hoping to go to HHN. I hope it's not to scary I'm not the bravest 25 year old, but I think I'll be able to handle it

Do you get into the houses any earlier with the annual pass early entry nights or does the stay and scream people get in at the same time? Just wondering what our best options would be.

Do you get into the houses any earlier with the annual pass early entry nights or does the stay and scream people get in at the same time? Just wondering what our best options would be.
I don't know what time passholders are allowed to enter the houses but S & S folks usually are released around 6PM...which gives you a 30 minute head start. Personally I don't think it really matters which you choose. If you have an AP, you can enter the park before 5PM and go to the S & S holding areas any night. I guess the passholder entrance is for those who can't make it by park closing. The last time I did a passholder event at HHN was years ago when it was a cocktail party but we didn't have early entry to the houses then.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. We decided to do the tour before and we're booked for 2pm on Oct 31.

Another question... I was planning to do a 4:30 reservation at Finnegan's before the event. Do you think we could make that after the tour, or should I push it back to 4:45?

So we bought tickets. Has anyone done both parks during day and then Halloween Horror nights? How long of a day does it seem like lol. We are only in Orlando from October 4th-8th, rest of time will be WDW

For the first two fri/sat night it says passholders can have access to 3 houses from 5-6:30 which is definitely earlier than stay and scream which is usually released a little before 6. That is a great head start, too bad I can't make it either of those weekends.

So we bought tickets. Has anyone done both parks during day and then Halloween Horror nights? How long of a day does it seem like lol. We are only in Orlando from October 4th-8th, rest of time will be WDW

i do that each year.
you end up very tired................

i figure i can sleep when i get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter