Halloween Festivities on the Dream???

motogp

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give details about what they experienced on the Dream in celebration of Halloween?

We just came back today from 3 night Dream. The ship was decorated for Halloween. The second night was Halloween / pirate attire. I was thinking they'd be 2 different nights so I packed costumes for both. We decide to skip pirate costumes since they had a Halloween party in the atrium at 4:45 (all the characters were dressed up) with trick or treating ( bags were delivered to our stateroom). The kids club also had a Halloween party at 7:15 and then the adult party with costume contest was at 11:15. The pirate stuff was squeezed in between. I saw a lot of people dressed up for either. We had a blast!

We just came back today from 3 night Dream. The ship was decorated for Halloween. The second night was Halloween / pirate attire. I was thinking they'd be 2 different nights so I packed costumes for both. We decide to skip pirate costumes since they had a Halloween party in the atrium at 4:45 (all the characters were dressed up) with trick or treating ( bags were delivered to our stateroom). The kids club also had a Halloween party at 7:15 and then the adult party with costume contest was at 11:15. The pirate stuff was squeezed in between. I saw a lot of people dressed up for either. We had a blast!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! DW and I are sailing on the 3 night Dream on 10/10.

Do you remember when and what times they had the showings of A Nightmare Before Christmas?

Thanks for sharing your experiences! DW and I are sailing on the 3 night Dream on 10/10.

Do you remember when and what times they had the showings of A Nightmare Before Christmas?

There was one late on the 1st night (I think 10:30) and one the next afternoon (I think 2:00). I thought it sounded fun, but my kids weren't interested :)

There was one late on the 1st night (I think 10:30) and one the next afternoon (I think 2:00). I thought it sounded fun, but my kids weren't interested :)

Thanks! DW and I love Nightmare Before Christmas so that'll be a big priority for us to see. :-)

Can anyone give details about what they experienced on the Dream in celebration of Halloween?

We were on the 4-night Dream that sailed 9/22/13. Here is a brief recap:

Night 1: The Pumpkin Tree (7:30 - 8 p.m.) spooky stories and Halloween customs told . Also, The Nightmare Before Christmas SING and SCREAM (10:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.) 3D showing of the named film

Night 2: Repeat of Nightmare Before Christmas showing (2 - 3:30 p.m.). Also, Halloween Party in Oceaneer's Club (4 - 4:45 p.m.) Also, Mickey's Mouse-Querade Party at 4:45 p.m (Mickey & friends in Halloween attire dancing in lobby as well as candy being handed out). Also, Halloween Isn't Just for Kids (11 - 11:45 p.m.) featuring a Halloween costume party/contest in Evolution nightclub.

Night 3: Castaway Cay/Pirate Night.

Night 4: Included a repeat of The Pumpkin Tree and something called Haunted Stories of the Sea on Deck 11 (11 - 11:30 p.m) which is described as creepy sounds and spooky effects and the telling of ghostly tales by our Sea Captain.

Thanks for posting this. We'll also be on the 10/10 cruise. Fortunately, our Halloween costumes are characters from Peter Pan, so I'm fine either way (going as Capt Hook).

Thanks for posting this. We'll also be on the 10/10 cruise. Fortunately, our Halloween costumes are characters from Peter Pan, so I'm fine either way (going as Capt Hook).

We will be Alice and the Mad Hatter. We'll just have to be honorary pirates for the evening. :-) Will keep an eye out for your group!

We will be Alice and the Mad Hatter. We'll just have to be honorary pirates for the evening. :-) Will keep an eye out for your group!

We'll look for you as well. We should be easy to spot - My DD12 will be Wendy but sitting in her purple wheelchair with pink/purple wheels. :)

Night 1: The Pumpkin Tree (7:30 - 8 p.m.) spooky stories and Halloween customs told . Also, The Nightmare Before Christmas SING and SCREAM (10:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.) 3D showing of the named film

Night 2: Repeat of Nightmare Before Christmas showing (2 - 3:30 p.m.). Also, Halloween Party in Oceaneer's Club (4 - 4:45 p.m.) Also, Mickey's Mouse-Querade Party at 4:45 p.m (Mickey & friends in Halloween attire dancing in lobby as well as candy being handed out). Also, Halloween Isn't Just for Kids (11 - 11:45 p.m.) featuring a Halloween costume party/contest in Evolution nightclub.

Night 4: Included a repeat of The Pumpkin Tree and something called Haunted Stories of the Sea on Deck 11 (11 - 11:30 p.m) which is described as creepy sounds and spooky effects and the telling of ghostly tales by our Sea Captain.

Did you find the gathering on the lobby to be completely crazy or worth the time? About how long did it last? Do you remember which characters were there? How about the Oceaneer's Club Party-----did the kids have fun? Thank you for the schedule....

Thank you so much for this information. We will be on the first Holiday Dream cruise in November so I am hoping they will just substitute the Halloween stuff with Christmas stuff.

Linda

I was on the first cruise on the Dream with the activities. They had Halloween on a different night than the Pirate Night. There was a big celebration in the atrium (Nassau day) one night which was fun. Pirate night was Castaway Cay night.

They did something with pumpkin seeds on the first night which I didnt really understand. Nobody gave us seeds. The tree had more pumpkins added as the trip went on and an old lady would come out and talk. I couldnt follow what was going on but I was also chasing around a 17 month old that was having a blast.

Did you find the gathering on the lobby to be completely crazy or worth the time? About how long did it last? Do you remember which characters were there? How about the Oceaneer's Club Party-----did the kids have fun? Thank you for the schedule....

I had a little one and the lobby was really too crowded to really understand what was going on. But it was fun with all the characters dancing and there was enough room around the outside of the groups of people for my son to run around in his mickey costume. This was a situation where I really wish some adults would let the kids enjoy and stand on the outside and watch. Sorta like the barbershop at MK. Took my son to get his first haircut and he had to wait 40 min behind two old men getting a trim. WTH? Why?

I remember seeing Goofy Donald,Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. May have been Chip and Dale as well

DisneyDreamCruise2013161_zps5d2c8a5c.jpg

Just got off of the Dream yesterday:thumbsup2 This is a pic of the Pumpkin Tree:thumbsup2

Yes, the Mouse-Querade Party was kind of crazy, but we still wanted to be there to be part of it. The lines for candy were quite long so we skipped that aspect and just enjoyed watching Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and I believe Donald in their Halloween attire dancing around in the lobby with guests. I think it lasted about 30 minutes or so.

My kids always had a good time in the Oceaneer's Club but don't remember what details they provided to me about the Halloween Party there. I think because we just checked them out and hurried over to the Mouse-Querade Party right after.

I was on the first cruise on the Dream with the activities. They had Halloween on a different night than the Pirate Night. There was a big celebration in the atrium (Nassau day) one night which was fun. Pirate night was Castaway Cay night.

They did something with pumpkin seeds on the first night which I didnt really understand. Nobody gave us seeds. The tree had more pumpkins added as the trip went on and an old lady would come out and talk. I couldnt follow what was going on but I was also chasing around a 17 month old that was having a blast.

Were you on the 3 night or 4 night cruise?

Cant wait for ours! Thanks for the info. Did they do any trick or treating through out the ship?

We leave this week for our cruise. I can't wait to see what fun they plan for Halloween.

Cant wait for ours! Thanks for the info. Did they do any trick or treating through out the ship?

As far I know, the "trick-or-treating" part consisted of one huge line for candy kind of near guest services in the lobby atrium while Mickey & friends were also doing their show in the center of the lobby. There may have been additional candy lines in the same area, but it was such a full area, I couldn't really tell.

As far I know, the "trick-or-treating" part consisted of one huge line for candy kind of near guest services in the lobby atrium while Mickey & friends were also doing their show in the center of the lobby. There may have been additional candy lines in the same area, but it was such a full area, I couldn't really tell.

They were giving out candy on the other side of the atrium and there weren't any lines that I saw. There were also cast members randomly giving out candy to people in costumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter