halloween cruise/ Magic: October 28th-nov..4th 2006

which type of cabin/category do you get??

• cat 1

• cat 2

• cat 3

• cat 4

• cat 5

• cat 6

• cat 7

• cat 8

• cat 9

• cat 10

• cat 11

• cat 12

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love the picture capt....
u lookin like michael jackson???

It wasn't Me. :sad2:
I've been "Lurking About" since December. :surfweb:
I've been in contact with the "Men in the White Suits" :stir:
and they gave me a message for you-all; :teacher:
:crazy: "They're coming to take you away ah-ha, :clown:
:clown: They're coming to take you away" :crazy:
=============================================
Oh, by the way;
Hi to all :wave:

Big15Foot said:
It wasn't Me. :sad2:
I've been "Lurking About" since December. :surfweb:
I've been in contact with the "Men in the White Suits" :stir:
and they gave me a message for you-all; :teacher:
:crazy: "They're coming to take you away ah-ha, :clown:
:clown: They're coming to take you away" :crazy:
=============================================
Oh, by the way;
Hi to all :wave:

hey welcome welcomme.....

Glad you will be joining our crazy little group......

Now who is the mystery person....

CHECK THIS OUT SO COOL http://www.zippyvideos.com/6071420004547766/photostory8_2/

HI everyone, boy has it been busy around my house the past few days! They kids have been off school for teacher meetings. I will be glad when they go back tomorrow!

Since there has been some talk about the t-shirts again. I thought I would bring up something I found from another thread. There is a company that has made rubber neon green bracelets for other dis cruisers. I have spoken to the company, and they advised that they could not put a mickey image on the bracelet, but gave me some ideas of what they could do. Here is a picture from the other thread showing how thier bracelets turned out. Along with the image the rep suggested. The rep said we could do something similar, but add an image or two, The cost including shipping would be about $2.25 a bracelet. If anyone is interested, let me know. We can order them anytime up until the End of Sept.

P1010392.jpg

boat.jpg

I also wanted to get some feedback regarding the signs that would be put on each cabin door that will be trick or treating. I will print out all the signs and pass them out before the trick or treating. Kristin and I thought it would be easier on the kids to identify a door that had a sign on it rather than looking for a room #. Let me know which one you like the best. Then all a vote, that will be our sign!

tott.jpg
The green on the background is more of a neon green it just did not show up on this version.
tot0.jpg
Ignore the lines, my color ink is low!
tot1.jpg

tot2.jpg

Boy what a ton of info. Everyone let me know what you think!

:welcome: Welcome to all the newbies ( and lurkers)!

Welcome Bigfoot, Frank & Lola!

We're pleased ta meet ya finally! I was beginng to think our poll had a lot more folks who were really not on our voyage then I expected to have voted. Hows that for a nice run on sentence?

At any rate - how are you new folks doing this fine day in late March? It's raining small critters where we are in the Los Angeles area. May I enquire as to what size parties are sailng with you? DO you have any kids and what region of the country do you hail from? And if you give me a little more space I'll next start asking about birth marks and blood type. OK... maybe NOT after all. :confused3

And Princess....

I am not adverse to the idea of arm bracelets but I must confess I've never worn one of those rubber bands personally. Seems like an inexpensive and less intrusive way of unifying our little gang of pirates. If I don't wear the bracelet around my wrist can I buy 2 or three and make a green collar around my neck instead? :lmao:

OK... maybe not then... AND as for door signs.... they look really wonderful. I have no objection and nothing but encouragement. I say why not use em' all and just tape balloons to the trick or treating doors" Those are easier to spot down a hall way then strolling down and looking at the doors when you're in front of each door. Of course, we could distribute cabin numbers of those cabins that are involved. You see - I've never done one of these trick or treatin' things before so I'm just beginning to "visualize"how this event will come off. Remember... I'm just doing the ice cream eating contest and T_shirt designs so far. SO... are you on the trick or treatn' committee? :confused3

And Big15Foot, Frank & Lola....

How would you folks like to head up the Toga party committee? We need folks who are game to roll aboard some "kegs" and organize the party on the secret veranda on deck 7 aft! WHat do ya say? :confused3

OK... maybe we have not quite finalized that we're gonna have a Toga party... yet.
:woohoo: TOW-GA, TOW-GA, TOW-GA! :woohoo:

Heather,

Love all of the signs ...But thinking the first one is my favorite,.,,,But the capt. does have a point about the balloons along with the sign we could easily take a pack of balloons and give each door one or two so they would stand out more and be easy to locate...Thanks so much for taking the time to make up all of these options...You are very creative and we love them all...

Can not wait to see what the others say about them,...The bracelets are wonderful as well...
You have my vote all of the way...
Kristin

Capt,
I offered to help Kristin, with the trick or treating. It is always easier with some help! I like the ballon idea too. We can do what ever the gang wants to do. Maybe a sign and a ballon? :confused3

princessh said:
Capt,
I offered to help Kristin, with the trick or treating. It is always easier with some help! I like the ballon idea too. We can do what ever the gang wants to do. Maybe a sign and a ballon? :confused3

I think it will be fun to do the trick or treating together...It will be more fun Heather...The balloons will look great along with the signs...

I amwatching four kids today I will be at my whits end by tonight....see ya all later...!!!

Kristin,
Hope today goes well with the four kids you have. My kids are off of school on Friday, so I'll have them home as well as my friend's two boys ages 12 & 8. All four kids get along great, though. It's actually easier when my friend's boys are here with them.....it keeps my two from fighting!

Hey, Kristin, would you add to the first post the following (maybe in red and bold):

***** CRUISE T SHIRTS *****

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ORDERING A SOON TO BE DESIGNED TSHIRT FOR THE 10/28/06 EASTERN CARIBBEAN MAGIC CRUISE, PLEASE PM SJCUBEDOFCT WITH THE NUMBER OF ADULT AND CHILDREN T'S YOU'LL NEED BY APRIL 30. ORDERS WILL BE PLACED AT A LATER DATE WHEN DESIGN AND PRICING HAS BEEN DETERMINED.

We'll take is down on May 1 and I'll get pricing from my sister then, and between now and then perhaps Capt can choose a couple of his designs to post for us to review? Sound like a plan?

Thanks, Sherry

princessh said:
HI everyone, boy has it been busy around my house the past few days! They kids have been off school for teacher meetings. I will be glad when they go back tomorrow!

Since there has been some talk about the t-shirts again. I thought I would bring up something I found from another thread. There is a company that has made rubber neon green bracelets for other dis cruisers. I have spoken to the company, and they advised that they could not put a mickey image on the bracelet, but gave me some ideas of what they could do. Here is a picture from the other thread showing how thier bracelets turned out. Along with the image the rep suggested. The rep said we could do something similar, but add an image or two, The cost including shipping would be about $2.25 a bracelet. If anyone is interested, let me know. We can order them anytime up until the End of Sept.
<<snip>>

princessh,
We used the reminder bands on our Nov cruise and they were great! It was very easy to spot a friendly Dis face in a crowd. The T-shirts are great (and we're in on that program), but you can only wear a T-shirt so much before it needs to be washed! And the band can be worn places where you just can't have the T-shirt (in the pool, ocean, Palo, etc.). I think GoofyDrivesACar is still wearing his, too. :lmao:

Your signs all look great, too!

lurking...lurking ...nah, time to "come out" so to speak..

Hi :wave2: - Darlene here, my DH and DD8 will be cruising with all of you!!!! We are so excited - this is our first Dis cruise - we cruised RCI three times, the last in '98 just after DD turned 1. We have been vacationing in "the World" every year since 2000 (except for skippng 2001). We will be in Cat 10 - cabin 2147 - all the way aft, I believe. Even though we will be waaayyyy down at the end - I am still considering doing a ton of door signs!!!! We are second seating, wait listed for first, although I am considering just staying with late either way. We are flying in a day early and flying out a day later so we can visit the Space Center. Still have to decide on places to stay for that.

If you don't mind my putting in my two cents so soon: I love the idea of the wristbands!!!! My DD loves the idea of the trick-or-treating!!! My favoritte is the first door sign - although the last one is running a close second - I have a thing for "tada" Mickeys!!! Haven't made up my mind about t-shirts.....

We were hoping to sail with some friends of ours, but they decided at the last minute to go with Royal Caribbean - so it would be nice to make some friends!!!!! :sunny:

:wizard:

pansmermaidzlagoon said:

Hi :wave2: - Darlene here, my DH and DD8 will be cruising with all of you!!!! We are so excited - this is our first Dis cruise - we cruised RCI three times, the last in '98 just after DD turned 1. We have been vacationing in "the World" every year since 2000 (except for skippng 2001). We will be in Cat 10 - cabin 2147 - all the way aft, I believe. Even though we will be waaayyyy down at the end - I am still considering doing a ton of door signs!!!! We are second seating, wait listed for first, although I am considering just staying with late either way. We are flying in a day early and flying out a day later so we can visit the Space Center. Still have to decide on places to stay for that.

If you don't mind my putting in my two cents so soon: I love the idea of the wristbands!!!! My DD loves the idea of the trick-or-treating!!! My favoritte is the first door sign - although the last one is running a close second - I have a thing for "tada" Mickeys!!! Haven't made up my mind about t-shirts.....

We were hoping to sail with some friends of ours, but they decided at the last minute to go with Royal Caribbean - so it would be nice to make some friends!!!!! :sunny:

Normally, I try not post right after someone comes out, in fear of scaring them off with my avatar... BUT...

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

We did KSC in November - it is a pretty short drive from the hotels that are near the port (Radisson, etc.) and very interesting! But, I'm a geeky sort that digs the spacey stuff! ;) Some of the folks here were just talking about hotels near the port a few short pages ago. If you need a starting place, that might be a good spot.

BTW, by my VERY unofficial and probably inaccurate count, your DD will have about 13 fellow disers in the 7-9 age group, including my DD7.

Nice to meet you, Darlene. BTW, that is my sister's name.....do you ever go by "Dar" for short? (That is what we call her)

My ds will be 11 & dd will be nearly 7 at time of the cruise, and we have early seating for dinner. So glad to have you join us!

princessh said:

I also wanted to get some feedback regarding the signs that would be put on each cabin door that will be trick or treating. I will print out all the signs and pass them out before the trick or treating. Kristin and I thought it would be easier on the kids to identify a door that had a sign on it rather than looking for a room #. Let me know which one you like the best. Then all a vote, that will be our sign!

Hey all! Great signs princessh!

As AWOL said, we did the bands on our Nov 2005 cruise. It was great!! I ordered them from Reminderband. They did give us a hard time about using the word Disney (they were still relatively new and were not sure about the rules), so we improvised. The ink color wasn't an option for us, so ours were just debossed. I took size orders from everyone & then I put in our order. Once the order was in at Reminderband, I PMd everyone to let them know my address & their total (with shipping, ours were $2.85 each). Then everyone sent me a check and an envelope with their address and postage. Then, no more than 2 weeks later, I received the bands in the mail and sent them right back out to everyone. That way we all had them on the morning of the cruise. In fact some of us met up the night before & all we had to do was look for the wristbands. It was great meeting everyone while waiting for the time to board. Some people didn't get their bands ahead of time, so they were able to easily ID me (and other DISers) by the bands we all wore. Here's a pic.

Cruisebands.jpg

pansmermaidzlagoon said:

Welcome welcome!!! AWOLTODAY & I are just a few doors down in 2131. The last cruise we did was up in a verandah stateroom. We decided that we would rather cruise again down in the bottom of the ship instead of staying home! We'll bring our signs again too!

Actually - only an old boyfriend calls me "Dar" - it stuck because he knew I wasn't crazy about it and he is that kind of guy...he likes to joke and pick on you, so he was relentless about it and it stuck...anyway, nice to meet all of you..I am terrible with names, so it will take me forever to get everyone straight - and then when we meet each other in the fall, I will get nervous and forget them again...!!!!

is everyone dressing up for Pirate night? I think we are - but probalby only my DD will get dressed up for Halloween?

Chris: I noticed that - DD is going to have alot of company - which is great because originally she was going to have a friend with he r- but that is the family that changed their minds! I love the avatar - very scary and very appropriate for Halloween cruisers!!!

awoltoday said:
princessh,
We used the reminder bands on our Nov cruise and they were great! It was very easy to spot a friendly Dis face in a crowd. The T-shirts are great (and we're in on that program), but you can only wear a T-shirt so much before it needs to be washed! And the band can be worn places where you just can't have the T-shirt (in the pool, ocean, Palo, etc.).

What do you mean you can only wear a T-shirt so much before it needs to be washed? You are just not wearing it correctly. If you wear it in the pool, I believe that counts as being washed. Same thing goes for the ocean. :thumbsup2

awoltoday said:
I think GoofyDrivesACar is still wearing his, too. :lmao:

Your signs all look great, too!

:laughing: I only wear it now on special occasions, as I don't want anything to happen to it.

Hi All :wave2:
I've missed you all, no time to post lately. I went back to work last week, :crazy: . It's been crazy I only worked 1 days in my office last week but spent 4 days at the main office in downtown Baltimore :crazy2: So far this week I've made into my office 2 days and the rest of the week am in another part of Baltimore. Next week I'm being sent to another main office near BWI airport. Hopefully my traveling will end next week and I can stay in my home office which is only 2 minutes from home.

BTW I didn't do it.

Chat at you all soon. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter