Halloween candy deals?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
I normally already have my Halloween candy by now but husband lost his job last month so I haven't bought any yet. Does any one particular store have the best deals? If I wait until the morning of Halloween will they mark it down?

Thanks! : )

I don't think they mark down until the day after.

I'm using reward points I get from filling my prescription at Walgreens. Have you been earning any rewards that might be useful? Have any gift cards for places that sell bagged candy?

If you have kids that are ToTing age, you could just take them to a free Halloween event for the evening and not hand out any candy. All the malls around here offer ToTing at no charge, both indoor and outdoor (which is nice, you can pick the one that matches the weather)!.

I don't think they mark down until the day after. I'm using reward points I get from filling my prescription at Walgreens. Have you been earning any rewards that might be useful? Have any gift cards for places that sell bagged candy? If you have kids that are ToTing age, you could just take them to a free Halloween event for the evening and not hand out any candy. All the malls around here offer ToTing at no charge, both indoor and outdoor (which is nice, you can pick the one that matches the weather)!.
Thanks! My kids enjoy giving out the candy so I want to get some. I do have the Walgreens rewards but have never used them. I'll check it out, thanks!

In past years, I've seen my local Toys R Us mark down their candy prior to Halloween. I don't know when they marked it down, I just remember stumbling upon the deal. If you could combine a markdown with manufacturers coupons you might get a great deal.

In past years, I've seen my local Toys R Us mark down their candy prior to Halloween. I don't know when they marked it down, I just remember stumbling upon the deal. If you could combine a markdown with manufacturers coupons you might get a great deal.

Thanks I never would have thought to check there! I imagine they would want to get rid of it in order to set up holiday displays. Thanks!

I got my "candy" at BJ's. I grabbed a tub of twizzlers in the regular aisle that has 180 pieces and a box of airheads that contained 80 pieces. I am not 100% positive of the price but I know both came to under $20, that's roughly $0.08 per piece.

(I put candy in quotes, because I did not buy it in the standard Halloween section)

CVS was one of the best around me at $1.88 a bag plus there are some printable coupons out there that would bring them down to about $1.33 a bag (I think that would be for the Kit Kats and Recess ones)

I'm not sure how much you need or want to spend but Target had the bigger bags of candy (not the giant ones) for $7.50 a piece. One was 65 pieces and the other 50. One had 5% off cartwheel, the other 10% off. They also had text for $2 coupon (text Target, Treats4). When I got to the register the girl scanned a paper $2 coupon. When I said I thought that was the one on my phone she said, let's scan it. It scanned, then of course my red card. All said and done I got a ton of the "good candy" (M&Ms, Kit Kats, Reese's etc.) for under $10. Like I said, I don't know how much you want to spend but thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm not sure how much you need or want to spend but Target had the bigger bags of candy (not the giant ones) for $7.50 a piece. One was 65 pieces and the other 50. One had 5% off cartwheel, the other 10% off. They also had text for $2 coupon (text Target, Treats4). When I got to the register the girl scanned a paper $2 coupon. When I said I thought that was the one on my phone she said, let's scan it. It scanned, then of course my red card. All said and done I got a ton of the "good candy" (M&Ms, Kit Kats, Reese's etc.) for under $10. Like I said, I don't know how much you want to spend but thought I'd throw that out there.
Thanks I have that $2.00 coupon!

I got a huge plastic jug of 45 individually wrapped packs of Utz pretzels for $4 at my local grocery store. My DS9 loves pretzels and I can send leftovers to his class for snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter