• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween at DLP

lainey

Mouseketeer
Hiya
we have just booked for my 40th (whoo hoo) and The Halloween Party at DLP...is it like MNSSHP ??? do people dress up? I know it will be HEAVING with people but Im just a little excited:banana: :banana:

Elaine

Of course people dress up ! Not as many as in the US though, and way less adult dress up. France is not much a costume culture country. But in Disneyland anything goes. Now expect a lot of Gothic community as well, but those are friendly :p

Disneyland paris is very well decorated for Halloween, Frontierland is unique !

That's great :goodvibes but have you already been able to get the Halloween Nights tickets?? They dont seem avaliable online yet from Italy :confused3

I hope people dress up! We will be there on Halloween night and I have bought a second hand wedding dress to trash for the occasion (any ideas anyone?).

Haven't got our tickets yet as the half price Dream AP ones aren't on sale until nearer the time apparently, and I refused to pay £20 each for them :rolleyes1

Haven't got our tickets yet as the half price Dream AP ones aren't on sale until nearer the time apparently, and I refused to pay £20 each for them :rolleyes1

I must be dumb but where do you see them on sale for 20 pounds :confused:

I must be dumb but where do you see them on sale for 20 pounds :confused:

Sorry, I don't, but I was offered them at that price by the CM when I booked our hotel over the phone. I think that if you phone Disney Direct they can sell them to you at the full price, not sure how it works if you haven't booked a hotel through them though.

I booked via Disney Direct at the end of March and was told then the HP tickets would had been on sale around June-July.
Will phone tomorrow and see what they say ;)

I booked via Disney Direct at the end of March and was told then the HP tickets would had been on sale around June-July.
Will phone tomorrow and see what they say ;)

Will be very interested to hear the result. I spoke to the CM at the AP office when we renewed our passes, and they said that tickets would not be available until about September, I think. They couldn't see any problem with us obtaining tickets when we arrive at the end of October, but I would have preferred to have them booked before then, if possible.

I hope people dress up! We will be there on Halloween night and I have bought a second hand wedding dress to trash for the occasion (any ideas anyone?).

Tear it in places! Spatter it with red food colouring if you want a gory look... If you want it to look aged, soak patches of it in weakish tea, and leave it in the sun to bleach the colours and warp them a bit.... Or give it to a puppy to rag round! That often works!! Lol!! :laughing:

... Then buy a cheapish veil and tatter it!!

Bob xoxox

Tear it in places! Spatter it with red food colouring if you want a gory look... If you want it to look aged, soak patches of it in weakish tea, and leave it in the sun to bleach the colours and warp them a bit.... Or give it to a puppy to rag round! That often works!! Lol!! :laughing:

Bob xoxox

I see someone has done this before :rotfl:

yes we have booked the tickets for Halloween 2008 (not got them in hand yet - assume we will get them when we arrive) we did pay £20 each and were told the party starts at closing time of the park (dont know what time it closes yet as times have not been released - but guess its around 7-8pm)
I really want to dress up......I think it will be loads of fun
Elaine

Bob xoxox

Oh yes, forgot to mention I picked up a veil at a car boot for £1!

But the dress is gorgeous, seems a shame to spoil it, I guess I'm going to have to though :eek: :scared:

What happens at The Halloween Party? Is it just extra time in the park and fireworks? I was thinking of getting tickets for this, but I'm not sure what you get for your money.

Oh yes, forgot to mention I picked up a veil at a car boot for £1!

But the dress is gorgeous, seems a shame to spoil it, I guess I'm going to have to though :eek: :scared:

Annette this sounds like such a brilliant idea...I would love to see photos when you finally finish your outfit:thumbsup2

Annette this sounds like such a brilliant idea...I would love to see photos when you finally finish your outfit:thumbsup2

Hey, if you're planning to be at the party, you might get to see the finished thing! :thumbsup2

I think that what I am going to have to do is put the dress on, have photos taken of myself wearing it, then go for it! Perhaps I could hold a wedding dress trashing party :lmao:

Being realistic about this, the dress would probably not survive going on rides etc anyway, would it? I have to say it took some finding, I toured the charity shops for weeks, but they were mostly priced at hundreds of pounds, or made for stick insects :laughing: Then I stumbled on this one in the British Heart Foundation for £20 (top end of the budget I had in mind), so at least the money went to a good cause too!

I've already found a basic knitted scull type hat in cream (£1 in Primark!), that I planned to stitch the veil to, as I figured it will be cold at the party right?

The character I have in mind is Melanie Ravenscroft - who dares me to get into a Doom Buggy? Do you think the spooks might whisk me back to her groom? :scared1:

Will be very interested to hear the result. .

I have just called and i have been told (in their own words) not to compare Italy with the UK because *that's another world* :confused:

Anyway he said no tickets on sale yet but it is possible to pre-book them - and i have now :banana: :banana: - but it will be better to ring in September to ask for details and to ask if a Shareholder discount will be avaliable, i dont think so but he said he was not sure.

but it will be better to ring in September to ask for details and to ask if a Shareholder discount will be avaliable, i dont think so but he said he was not sure.

Thanks for that, I think I might try calling them in September to see if AP discounted tickets are on sale by then.

Hey, if you're planning to be at the party, you might get to see the finished thing! :thumbsup2

I think that what I am going to have to do is put the dress on, have photos taken of myself wearing it, then go for it! Perhaps I could hold a wedding dress trashing party :lmao:

Being realistic about this, the dress would probably not survive going on rides etc anyway, would it? I have to say it took some finding, I toured the charity shops for weeks, but they were mostly priced at hundreds of pounds, or made for stick insects :laughing: Then I stumbled on this one in the British Heart Foundation for £20 (top end of the budget I had in mind), so at least the money went to a good cause too!

Did you have difficulty finding this dress? Very sorry, I know its off topic, but I'm struggling to find a wedding dress to trash!!

Bob xoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter