Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the mini site? The first day it worked no problem, but last night and today, all I'm getting is a box that says Halloween time, which is not a link with the regular Disney site navigation buttons at the top. My wife and son are eager to see it.

Maybe we all crashed it with our excitement to see it!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: My PC is old and tired, but I will try to get back on the mini-site again and see if I have the same issue you had.

I tried the mini-site. It did not go directly to the black screen. It first went to where magicbri indicated. But I left it alone and waited for a few seconds and then it started automatically loading the black page that leads to the mini-site. So I think it may be just extra slow, but it's still working!

Everyone should buy the Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP 10 MP Waterproof Digital Camera!!! It'a amazing for rainy days or water rides :) I always use it for all my trips

Okay... so I can't really say this to anyone else, since our trip is a big secret... but I took out my carryon today and have it hidden in the guest room and have already starting putting stuff in it! And, I made up a lame excuse for my daughter to try on some "tall shoes" and let me measure her... and I am stoked--she is 46.5 inches in them, and can walk without looking like she is in shoes too tall for her... fingers crossed that she can go on Indy this trip!!

Couple of Halloweentime questions:

(1) We were thinking of going from 9/30-10/2 this year. How will the Gay Days crowds affect the parks and the GCH (if at all)? Mostly worried about it being super-busy during our trip, both at the parks and the pools.

(2) Are there FPs available for the HM ride during Halloweentime? How bad are the lines for the HM at that time?

Thanks in advance!:)

Couple of Halloweentime questions:

(1) We were thinking of going from 9/30-10/2 this year. How will the Gay Days crowds affect the parks and the GCH (if at all)? Mostly worried about it being super-busy during our trip, both at the parks and the pools.

(2) Are there FPs available for the HM ride during Halloweentime? How bad are the lines for the HM at that time?

Thanks in advance!:)

There have been FP's for Haunted Mansion Holiday when I've been there! I think you're in luck there!:cool1:

As for Gay Days crowds, I was there for that same weekend as Gay Days in 2008 - we arrived on a Thursday night and left Sunday. I didn't notice significant crowds in Disneyland itself until Saturday afternoon and definitely on Saturday night. But there was also a Miley Cyrus birthday party that weekend, so perhaps lots of folks were showing up for that a bit early.

I noticed a lot of people in Downtown Disney on Thursday night, of all things. Thursday night in DTD may as well have been a Saturday night with as busy as it was.

We also attended the TOTP in DCA on that Friday night, and it was pretty crowded - not unbearably so, but the line for TSMM might as well have been the same line you'd see at 1:00 in the afternoon. Then again, that was the opening night of the party so that may have added to crowds.

I have not heard of any crowd increases at GCH in that time frame you are going.

FYI...

They are starting to put out their Halloween items. Walgreens always seems to carry the most Disney themed merch. My store isn't finished, but they had Mickeyhead pumpkins, lights, snowglobes, etc. There are windowclings, stickers, and lighted decorations.

They really get you in the spirit of the season!
I saw the Mickey pumpkinhead yesterday! My first thought was to go back this weekend & take a picture for our thread. :grouphug: Now that I know there is more I will go in & see what else they have. :tongue:

Thanks Sherry for the info!!!! I was there last year the day before Halloween and the crowds weren't actually too bad, which I was kinda surprised about. At this point I don't care about the crowds, just the fact that I will be there in 5 days!!!!!

And yes, I saw the pictures of the Ray Bradbury tree; thank you!!!. School started and my students have been sucking all the energy out of me so that I can barely check my email before I pass out, let alone this thread, so it's taken me this long to catch up on posts. That tree is definitely going to be a stop in my magical trip through DL though. I can't wait!!!!

FYI...

For those people near a Walgreens...

They are starting to put out their Halloween items. Walgreens always seems to carry the most Disney themed merch. My store isn't finished, but they had Mickeyhead pumpkins, lights, snowglobes, etc. There are windowclings, stickers, and lighted decorations.

I bought a few additions to my collection and couldn't wait to put them out. :goodvibes

They really get you in the spirit of the season!

I just saw these today too!!!! I saw a minnie/mickey jack-o-lantern, mickey jack-o-lantern, and like a smaller version of the mickey one and a ghost-mickey light up thing. soooo cute! Lots of Disney themed candy too! I would have bought some except i was actually on the clock at work and just had to run over to walgreens to pick up supplies for the store! :laughing:

Well, I have gotten all my plans made and have told my kids! I tried not telling them, but I couldn't do it! Maybe next year I can be stronger!

:) We are going to Trick or Treat and doing the Happy Haunting Tour! YEAH!

Kimberly

Well, I have gotten all my plans made and have told my kids! I tried not telling them, but I couldn't do it! Maybe next year I can be stronger!

Kimberly

Love your avatar!! :thumbsup2

Kimberly

It's so hard to keep a Disney trip a secret! :rotfl:

Could you please tell me about the Happy Haunting tour? :confused3

I guess that I'm one of the few parents that doesn't mind keeping secrets from their kids. We are surprising the kids with a 2 week trip stateside to DL driving in Feb, and it's best to keep it a secret. DS7 is a worrier, and it's easier for him not to know, otherwise he'll start worrying about what might go wrong on the trip. The kids may suspect something's up towards the last couple of weeks prior to the trip, but I've got a really good cover story as to why I'm taking the kids out of school for 2 weeks, so it's not going to be a problem with the school. This will be the last time we are going to be able to pull both kids out of school, as next year they will be in a high enough grade that we can't pull the kids out of school during the school year anymore for family vacations. I've got my cheap, tacky Halloween earrings, and can't wait to go!:jumping3::jumping3:

Lurker here. I'm going to San Diego for business next month and have finagled a day at Disney Land! I'll be there October 13th which isn't a party day. I'll be going solo.

What are the 'must sees' for a one-day visit? I was thinking of the Haunted Tour but don't think I want to spend 3 hours of my day on a tour.

I'm thinking a picnic dinner/WOC package and lots of picture taking.

What are the special decorations for Halloween?

Thanks!
Teresa

Lurker here. I'm going to San Diego for business next month and have finagled a day at Disney Land! I'll be there October 13th which isn't a party day. I'll be going solo.

What are the 'must sees' for a one-day visit? I was thinking of the Haunted Tour but don't think I want to spend 3 hours of my day on a tour.

I'm thinking a picnic dinner/WOC package and lots of picture taking.

What are the special decorations for Halloween?

Thanks!
Teresa

Aha! Another holiday thread moonlighter!! At some point or other, most of the Christmas thread people make it over here or the Halloween folks make it to the Christmas thread!!:rotfl2:

Other folks can suggest more things but I think, if you like Space Mountain, then do Ghost Galaxy. You've already seen Haunted Mansion Holiday but that will be up and running again. Visit the Halloween Round-Up and look at all the super-cool carved character pumpkins. Sample some pumpkin fudge or grab a pumpkin muffin. Check out the Ray Bradbury Halloween tree in Frontierland and the Day of the Dead display as well. There is a Villains photo op somewhere in DL - maybe in Fantasyland.

If it's a Mickey's Halloween Party night, you may want to stop in for that and see the Halloween Screams fireworks.

Woo hoo!!!:cool1::cool1: You're almost there!!

And then next year you'll be joining us over in the Christmas thread, right?;)

I sure will! I'm excited to see Disneyland at Christmas time again. I haven't been there for Christmas time since my very first trip, and at that time the whole place was overwhelming. So, it will be nice to be able to emerge myself in the special Christmas details and such. I'm hoping they have a Christmas party next year, because I can't go to the Halloween party this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter