Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sherry, if you decide to go by yourself on any given day any of us would be happy to have you hang with us. Im going on the 15th so let me know if you want my cell number.:hippie:

Well, we decided we wanted to save some money on the hotel, since we will only be sleeping there. We went ahead and used the Priceline bidding system like we did last time. I put in the same bid, and got the same hotel as last time, Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We had a good experience last time, they were friendly and gave us a non-smoking room with two queens. However, I just went on Trip Advisor and saw a lot of really terrible reviews, especially from Hotwire and Priceline customers. Now I'm scared. :scared1: Seems like recently they have been just putting Priceline/Hotwire customers into smoking rooms that are filthy. I guess that's what I get for trying to be cheap. :sad1:

I think you can find horrible reviews for just about ALL hotels. Plus, people have different standards and ideas. And some people except an AMAZING hotel when they aren't paying for an amazing hotel.

I'm cheap too. That's why I'm staying at the Anaheim Plaza for $50 a night.

The people who tend to be disappointed in a cheap hotel are the people who think they are going to get the the quality of a $500 a night place but for under $100.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better guys. :goodvibes I guess I'm just worried about being pregnant with super smell and getting stuck in a smoking room. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. :)

Come on Halloween Time information!
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I have just started thinking about going for Halloween time and I think I have my husband convinced- yay!

I have a couple questions though. I just saw someone post that they waited too late to buy tickets in 2008. Is this something where if I don't decide pretty soon then I'm not going to be able to get tickets? We usually buy our tickets last in case something comes up.

Also, on the day of the party, if you have a ticket to the party you can get in to disneyland at 3:00 pm? Is that correct? We usually do 3 day parkhoppers when we go, but I was thinking if that was true we could just do 2 day parkhoppers and the trick or treat party and save a little bit of money that way.

I have just started thinking about going for Halloween time and I think I have my husband convinced- yay!

I have a couple questions though. I just saw someone post that they waited too late to buy tickets in 2008. Is this something where if I don't decide pretty soon then I'm not going to be able to get tickets? We usually buy our tickets last in case something comes up.

Also, on the day of the party, if you have a ticket to the party you can get in to disneyland at 3:00 pm? Is that correct? We usually do 3 day parkhoppers when we go, but I was thinking if that was true we could just do 2 day parkhoppers and the trick or treat party and save a little bit of money that way.

We were going to do that, buy 2 day parkhoppers instead of 3, but once I realized that the cost difference per person was about 30 bucks, we went ahead and got the 3 day parkhoppers. so we could enjoy DL the entire day on the day of the party. But yes, you're correct, if you just have the MHP ticket, you get into DL at 3pm.

October 1(first party) will most likely sell out first, followed by Halloween weekend. At least that is how it's gone in the past. And even then, they didn't sell out until September. We bought my FILs tickets for Halloween weekend in late September last year. At that point the first party had just sold out.

October 1(first party) will most likely sell out first, followed by Halloween weekend. At least that is how it's gone in the past. And even then, they didn't sell out until September. We bought my FILs tickets for Halloween weekend in late September last year. At that point the first party had just sold out.

Just like what you said on your pp, I won't be surprised if Oct 1 and the Halloween weekend tickets will be sold out first. When I was looking at the days during the Oct. trip, it is so expensive for a hotel room during first weekend of October. The middle and late part of October is at very low prices for a hotel room. Luckily I got my tickets for October 1st since it will possibly the first tickets to be sold out.

I just purchased my tickets for the MHP on the 12th :banana: Yaaaaaay!!!

:wave2: That's the day we (self, husband, mother-in-law, and two daughters) will be going as well. I am sooooo excited I don't know which smiley quite captures the emotion. Perhaps :woohoo: or :hyper: or even :cool1:. Hope you have an awesome time!

Well here is the reply to my email:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort. We appreciate you
taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are concerned with the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail.
As you are aware, our goal is to provide the finest service and
accommodations. Please be assured we do take our Guest comments very
seriously, and take them into consideration when evaluating our
operation. Your remarks have been forwarded to the appropriate leaders
so they are aware of your experiences.

Regretfully, the information you have requested has yet to be
determined. Park Hours and refurbishment schedules are determined
approximately 6 weeks in advance and entertainment schedules are
determined approximately 1 month in advance. You are invited to contact
us again in the near future.

Our goal is to provide an enjoyable visit for each of our Guests,
through a wide variety of attractions, entertainment, dining and
shopping experiences. We are confident that you will have a memorable
time during your upcoming trip to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Marion Newmar
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Communications

Well here is the reply to my email:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort. We appreciate you
taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are concerned with the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail.
As you are aware, our goal is to provide the finest service and
accommodations. Please be assured we do take our Guest comments very
seriously, and take them into consideration when evaluating our
operation. Your remarks have been forwarded to the appropriate leaders
so they are aware of your experiences.

Regretfully, the information you have requested has yet to be
determined. Park Hours and refurbishment schedules are determined
approximately 6 weeks in advance and entertainment schedules are
determined approximately 1 month in advance.
You are invited to contact
us again in the near future.

Our goal is to provide an enjoyable visit for each of our Guests,
through a wide variety of attractions, entertainment, dining and
shopping experiences. We are confident that you will have a memorable
time during your upcoming trip to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Marion Newmar
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Communications

Six weeks for refurbishment schedules? One month for entertainment schedules? I fart in your general direction.
:rolleyes:

I bought MHP tickets for the 19th and park hopper tickets for the 20th-23rd. We fly in on the 19th at about noon, so an additional park hopper day wasn't necessary. Now we can check in at the Hojo and take a nap before heading out to the park!

This is the reply I returned:

I'm sorry, I don't get it. Walt Disney World have 4 parks, you have 2. They have miles, you have acres. They have their schedule well in advance of the required time to make advanced reservations and you don't. Unfortunately not every lives in California and can visit whenever the mood strikes them. I was hoping to plan an extra special trip as this is my son's long anticipated high school graduation gift. Please post the hours and details as soon a possible. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408927 for additional information. Thank You.

I went ahead and sent in an email. This has been a problem that has irritated me for years and is one of the reasons WDW can be a much better vacation (in some ways). Here's my email, which includes a complaint about Fantasmic.

Hi,

I have been to Disneyland dozens of times and to WDW around half a dozen times. One of the main differences between the two resorts in planning my trips is that WDW offers their schedule many months in advance.. usually around 6 months out. This makes sense, as you can make dining reservations 6 months in advance, so the timelines match and work for their guests.

My biggest gripe in planning my Disneyland vacations, which are much more frequent, is that the timelines do not match. For example, I would like to book a World of Color dining package and a Blue Bayou dinner reservation for my upcoming trip. These reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance, but it is Disneyland's policy to release schedules 6 weeks in advance and entertainment 4 weeks in advance (Please don't respond with the generic email telling me this policy - I'm well aware of it). Can you see the problem? How can I book my dining package 60 days in advance if the entertainment information isn't available? How can I know what time to make reservations for another dinner if I don't know when the fireworks are scheduled? How can I make my plans to ensure I have a magical vacation if the information isn't available? How many guests need to complain before this policy is changed?

Another complaint I have, which is shared by many many guests, is in regards to the Fantasmic! Dessert seating. It's great to have reserved seating, ensuring a comfortable and wonderful view of the show, but we should be able to arrive at the show 30-45 minutes in advance and have our seats waiting. We should not have to stand in line hours in advance to reserve the best choices for our seats. This could easily be resolved in a number of ways. Guest seating could be assigned according to when their tickets were bought. Guests could check in at park opening, ensuring the wait is much shorter. Or a map of the seating area could be put online and guests could choose their seats when they reserve their tickets. Or it could simply be handled the way theater tickets are handled, where guests get to choose best available and the operator on the telephone can help if they desire any changes. People are paying for the convenience, as hot chocolate and a few treats are hardly worth $59. If we're paying for the convenience, I should think Disneyland would like to make it convenient, right? There really needs to be a system in place that makes it easier for guests to choose their seats without wasting hours of park time, or without guests getting a worse seat because they choose not to line up when other guests do.

Thank you,

Katie

I applaud those who send emails to DL complaining about their not releasing their hours and entertainment schedules till the last possible moment. This is okay for the locals to a certain degree who live within an hour of the parks and go often, but to the rest of us who are either flying from out of country, the other end of the USA, and from all over the world to visit the parks it's especially frustrating. I have to book my trips an average 3 to 5 months in advance, and it's makes it harder than it should be trying to plan trips not knowing what's the entertainment schedules and hours are going to be. The problem I have with the F! desert package is for the price I can spend $26.00USD more, and get a D23 gold membership for a year instead. At least I would get more out if it than some deserts and a seat to watch the fireworks. They are delaying far longer than they should be with the rest of the Halloween time info, and lets all hope that they release the remainder of the info sooner than later.

Disney, you are losing your magic a little bit. Get it together! Thanks to the email senders for takin one for the team :cheer2:

I just saw someone post that they waited too late to buy tickets in 2008. Is this something where if I don't decide pretty soon then I'm not going to be able to get tickets? We usually buy our tickets last in case something comes up.

This would be me last year and we waited until about a month or so before the day, it was mid-October on a Saturday, I think? I looked everywhere for a ticket (even e-bay)! I can't remember the situation but it was a last minute thing (well last minute for us) but we went anyway without going to the party. DS was fine either way.
Keep in mind that this was in DCA and I'm sure they will sell more tickets with it being in DL. But then you never know especially if they have something new and different that they will be POSTING ABOUT SOON about. :laughing:

I know nothing, just trying to be subtle in case they read this. ;)

Come to the party on the 1st Sherry, so we can meet you. :)

Awww...thanks, Mark!!:hug: I would love to meet you! At least that way I wouldn't be totally wandering around all by myself like a lamb lost in the woods!:rotfl2:

Sherry I was on the fence for quite a while before finally deciding to go. Since this will be my only chance to get down to DL for Holloweentime, finally decided just before the tickets went on sale to purchase a ticket, am looking forward to it. I would say if you can afford it, and have the time, go and have a wonderful time. I'm a pic addict, so will be taking tons of pics for the family to look at when I get home.

Victoria I would take the reviews on Trip Advisor with a grain of salt. I've found that over the years by reading the reviews of hotels, that some people with pick a hotel apart for the little things. You have to take the good reviews and bad ones, and take a stance somewhere in the middle. If you've stayed there before and enjoyed your stay there, I wouldn't worry about staying there again.

Have a great day everyone!

Trish

That's right - I keep forgetting, Trish - you are going by yourself to the MHP! Totally solo! So I don't feel so odd doing it if I know someone else is doing it too! It's a great opportunity to take tons of pictures (without your companions needing to sit and take breaks or slow you down!).

Hey Sherry, if you decide to go by yourself on any given day any of us would be happy to have you hang with us. Im going on the 15th so let me know if you want my cell number.:hippie:

Thanks, Rita!!:goodvibes Gee, I am feeling the love from my peeps here on this thread! If I can decide for sure if I am going and which day would work best for me I will everyone know. I'll try to pick a date when one of you is going to be there. It's about time I met some of my DIS-friends after 'chatting' with them for so long on here!

Whoever is going to be at the party on Oct. 1st, we DISers should do a meet up during the party. It is always hard to find any DISers in the parks during my visits with their LGMH.

Sherry, why do you think I'm heading down to the mouse solo before the family trip in Feb? On our last trip to the mouse in Feb/09 everytime I wanted to take an oddball shot, I'd look after taking it, and the family would be wandering 60 feet ahead of me, and waiting for me to catch up with them. Didn't realize how many gaps I had in pics until after I got home and was looking through them. Now I can take pics till the cows come home and nobody to interrupt me. Of all places I could have flown to for vacation DL is the closest, and a place where I feel safe travelling solo, without having to deal with major jetlag and major time differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter