• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does It's a Small World go down for the Christmas overlay? I'm assuming it will still be open in late September, right? I haven't seen it with the new additions yet.

Right at the end of October or early November. Last year is was the monday or tuesday before Halloween.

Wow! This thread just hit 400 posts (congratulations, PeytonSdiz!) I didn't realize we were up to 27 pages of info! I kind of feel bad for someone who has to read all of it, but I guess I've read all of it over time too!

Can you imagine how long it's going to get once they announce actual plans for Halloween rather than just our speculation? Maybe spawn some spin-off threads?

Thanks to all the contributors, and those who keep asking questions that keep the thread relevant!:)

PHXscuba

Wow! This thread just hit 400 posts (congratulations, PeytonSdiz!) I didn't realize we were up to 27 pages of info! I kind of feel bad for someone who has to read all of it, but I guess I've read all of it over time too!

Can you imagine how long it's going to get once they announce actual plans for Halloween rather than just our speculation? Maybe spawn some spin-off threads?

Thanks to all the contributors, and those who keep asking questions that keep the thread relevant!:)

PHXscuba

We're actually not too terribly far from having 10,000 views of this thread!!! We are at 9,799 views right now! Not all that long ago (about 6 weeks ago), I checked and we were in the 2,000 range! So we have jumped up considerably in that time - and I notice that we are getting many more folks tuning in in the last week or so, as little bits of info are starting to trickle in (like about the TOTP moving to DL and on which nights it will happen).

Hopefully we will be able to minimize the number of Halloween-related threads that pop up on the board if we keep this thread active, visible and keep the questions and answers coming through regularly. A lot - if not all - of the info is here in this thread, and we will be discussing any new details that become available, but I know sometimes when there are multiple threads on the same subject (like World of Color, for example), it can get very confusing (for me, too) because people don't know where to look. They don't know whether to look in this thread or that one, and questions end up getting asked and answered repeatedly. It's good to have one main, central place to go for info, and if, for some reason, questions are asked here that we can't answer at all, then it's good to start new threads.

I had a feeling that once 2010 got several months in, both of the holiday threads - both this one and "Disney at Christmas" - would catch on and start getting more active as people begin to make their DLR holiday trip plans. Of course, the Disney at Christmas thread has left this little Halloweentime thread in the dust with its 24,000 views - but that's because there has always been so much to photograph during the Christmas season and it is so magical that time of year, and Halloweentime has always fallen just a little bit short of that. So I am hoping that, as Halloweentime becomes a bigger and better deal at DLR, people will take more photos and it will become more magical, and we can really build this thread up to its rightful place next to the Disney at Christmas thread!!:rotfl2:

Oh, and of course, in this thread and only this thread, we have creepy dancing specifically designed to get that vital Halloweentime information...

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

All I really have to add today is this:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

You gotta love that DLR Halloweentime Information Boogie!!

I think I fractured my finger. Typing with 1 1/2 hands is sure fun.

Ive been dipping in and out of this thread but its got too long now to go back to look for info

Ive just read a post though which seemed to suggest that the dates for the partys had been released. Is that correct and if so can someone repost the dates for me?

Thanks

Ive been dipping in and out of this thread but its got too long now to go back to look for info

Ive just read a post though which seemed to suggest that the dates for the partys had been released. Is that correct and if so can someone repost the dates for me?

Thanks

There's been no official confirmation of anything yet, hence the many dancers. ;)

All we are going by now is a statement posted on Mouseplanet:

Mickey's Trick or Treat Party returns to Disneyland

Mickey's Trick or Treat party will be hosted inside Disneyland this year, marking the first time the Halloween event has been offered at Disneyland since 1995. While Disney has not yet released an official schedule, our sources tell us the events will be held every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday night in October, making the likely dates October 1, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29 and 31. Pricing has not yet been released, but expect to pay a premium over the DCA version of the event. If Disneyland borrows a page from Walt Disney World, you should also expect to pay more on weekend nights, and for Halloween week events.

Thank you - Im going for the first time in October so might up doing one of these :cool1:

All I really have to add today is this:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

You gotta love that DLR Halloweentime Information Boogie!!

I think I fractured my finger. Typing with 1 1/2 hands is sure fun.

It's too bad we don't have a creepy dancing guy with a pumpkin head or something. :lmao:

It's too bad we don't have a creepy dancing guy with a pumpkin head or something. :lmao:

Yikes! I think that image might even out-creep the Creepy Dancing Guy!!!:rotfl2:

Jazz/Belle Ella - did you injure your finger on the job? Workers' Comp!!!!

Now that would be something ... to send us all running!!

Jazz/Belle Ella - did you injure your finger on the job? Workers' Comp!!!!

Heck if I know! I was sitting in a chair one second (at work) and the next second my finger was swelling up like a balloon. I don't even remember hitting it on anything or doing anything to my finger at all. I could have sworn yesterday that it was an allergic reaction to something. Then when the swelling went down I saw how bruised it was and it hurts.

How many days till October? :lmao:

I don't know if he's dancing or running but it make me laugh.

17.gif

Dancing_Pumpkin.gif

dancing-skeleton.gif

OMG...this is perfect...LOL!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IC7qaNr7I

Oh Lord have mercy on us all!! This is too much creepy dancing for my mind to comprehend!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Now if these latest creepy dancers (provided by PeytonSdiz and iKristin) don't channel the DLR Halloweentime Information Boogie powers-that-be and get them to divvy up some info, I don't know what will!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Let me add - remember just yesterday I was saying that we were at 9,799 views? Well, this morning, we are at 10,040 views!!!!!! We crossed the 10,000 views line!:banana: We jumped by more than 200 views in less than 24 hours!!!!

The Halloween at DL super thread is picking up steam - people are starting to plan those trips for this year. They want answers! They are tuning in to see the wonderful photos provided by everyone (not my photos, of course, because mine are still being held hostage by the Photobucket Bandwidth Police:mad: - is there a special dance for that, to get them to let my photos out of Bandwidth Jail?:rotfl2:). Good job, folks!!:thumbsup2

Anyone have anymore Halloweentime photos to add here?

I found some old pictures we took around Halloween in 2005 and 2006 (the last time we were there in the Fall.) I thought I'd upload a few to post here. They aren't great pictures, by any means, but I thought I'd share them anyway.

HW1.jpg

HW2.jpg

HW3.jpg

HW4.jpg

HW5.jpg

HW6.jpg

It's official - we won't be going to DLR this Halloween :sad1:.
Good news is we are going to DLR sometime May 2011 and to WDW for Halloween in 2011 :cool2: We're new DVC members and this new plan makes better use of our points. Also since we've never been to DLR I don't want to go my 1st time being a guinea pig guest on how logistics work out for Halloween celebrations and WOC...
But looking forward to checking out everybody's pics and hope you all have a wonderful trip pixiedust:

Oh couldn't forget to add a creepy man dance for extra good luck!
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere in this thread (28 pages too many to read right now ;) does anyone know around what dates HM and SM close for the Halloween overlay? And when they re-open? Last year we went Sept 10th thru 15th and they were closed :( Thank you!

I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere in this thread (28 pages too many to read right now ;) does anyone know around what dates HM and SM close for the Halloween overlay? And when they re-open? Last year we went Sept 10th thru 15th and they were closed :( Thank you!

As far as I know, HM closes right after Labor Day (I am thinking, perhaps, the day after Labor Day but I could be wrong) and will reopen as HMH at the end of September. I am not sure about SM, because that overlay doesn't take as long to do.

If DLR follows its patterns of the last two years, the official start date of Halloweentime this year should be Friday, September 24th, meaning HMH and SMGG would be up and running on that day.

As far as I know, HM closes right after Labor Day (I am thinking, perhaps, the day after Labor Day but I could be wrong) and will reopen as HMH at the end of September. I am not sure about SM, because that overlay doesn't take as long to do.

If DLR follows its patterns of the last two years, the official start date of Halloweentime this year should be Friday, September 24th, meaning HMH and SMGG would be up and running on that day.

Thanks Sherry! I think after last trip (I knew they would both be closed while we were there, ahead of time) I wiped all of it from my memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter