• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2015

Aussie Wendy

DIS Veteran
I note Halloween is now up on the official events site but just mentions meet and greets, food and souvenirs. What are expert's thoughts - is HKDL saving $ and not going to go all out as they have in previous years with special areas or shows? I am already disappointed we will miss out on the Golden Mickeys since it will have closed but the new show not opened when we are there in October.

From my experience with HKDL, they usually don't promote their events too much in advance. So far their short-term promotions are still updated only until Sep 30. I will keep checking back to see if there are any new updates.

Also, HKDL usually doesn't only offer special events for Haunted Halloween everyday. Last year (2014), they only had special Halloween events on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday evenings. What you see on HKDL website is the normal halloween stuff that offers all day.

Thanks PearlElpis. I wondered that. I knew it was weekends only hence my plans to go Sunday to catch some of the Halloween stuff later that day (transferring from accom in Kowloon that morning) and Monday. If they don't do much for Halloween this year though I would probably change that to Monday and Tuesday (flying out Tues evening). Either way I can book a hotel for Sun and Mon nights and make the decision what 2 days to go later. I have also found out it's HK school's half term the Mon Tues so expecting either option to be busy.

Just want to let you know that HKDL posted more details on their Halloween weekends 2015. 11222928_785953018182788_5735566970713223086_o.jpg HauntedHalloween.jpg

I take it as in previous years, you do not need a separate ticket for the evening event but if I buy a 2 day pass that covers it? Its just you can get a special evening only entry ticket?? I have read the details of the evening ticket and still not clear. Also can I leave purchasing a 2 day ticket till arrival in HK and then buy a discount 2 day from eg CTS or should I buy in advance. Thanks experts.

No, you don't need to buy separate tickets for Halloween events at HKDL. Your 2-day pass will cover the whole event on those days. Special evening-only entry tickets are geared mostly towards HK residents who may only want to enjoy the Halloween events. People who have a day pass don't need a separate ticket for the evening event.

You can also buy 2day ticket on arrival when you check into Disney Hotel. If you aren't staying at the hotel, I believe you still can buy it either at the Disney hotel or at the ticket booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter