Halloween 2009 at the Fort!

TCD:

I know that hoop de doo dinners were given out as prizes, but i'm not sure for what event. . .

Pet parade winners got rentals down @ the marina:
1st place: 30 minute pontoon
2nd place: 30 minute boston whaler
3rd place: 30 min searaycer

oh andddd if you had come to the bike barn or campfire, you would've met me!

Thanks for the inside info.

I will look for you next time.

You can never have too many castmember friends.

TCD

Its pretty amazing that your pet could win you a free boat ride...but the pets arent allowed on the boats...talk about pet exploitation!!!!

TigNTaz's dog was so cute in her Snow White costume...but she DID look a bit humiliated!!!

Loving the report as always TCD!!!!

As promised, here are more photos from the pet parade.

And, if you look closely, you will see a few Disboarders.

FWHalloween2009239.jpg

FWHalloween2009240.jpg

FWHalloween2009241.jpg

FWHalloween2009242.jpg

Here are Cheryl and Jeff and their four pups(or 4Mickey2 as they are know to us):

FWHalloween2009243.jpg

FWHalloween2009244.jpg

FWHalloween2009245.jpg

I think these next two are CDNCruiser/Zackerdogs from the Disboards:

FWHalloween2009246.jpg

FWHalloween2009247.jpg

FWHalloween2009248.jpg

FWHalloween2009249.jpg

FWHalloween2009250.jpg

FWHalloween2009251.jpg

FWHalloween2009252.jpg

I think this is Tigger0624 from the Disboards:

FWHalloween2009253.jpg

FWHalloween2009254.jpg

FWHalloween2009255.jpg

FWHalloween2009256.jpg

FWHalloween2009257.jpg

FWHalloween2009258.jpg

This is the cat that I assume won third place. He/she/it did not walk around the 300 loop. He/she/it, just stopped at the first site and cowered under a chair. I cry foul. But, now that I know the prize was a 30 minute ride in a Searaycer, I guess it is no biggie. I hope the cat enjoyed his/her/its ride:

FWHalloween2009259.jpg

So, that's the pet parade.

What is next on the agenda?

Did you say Mummy wrapping?

You are correct!

Coming up, the best mummy wrapping pics you will see all day.

TCD

Tri-circle-D I meet you at the GG I didn't make the list

Oh my. This is awkward. I'm sorry that you didn't make the list, but I am not remembering where or when I met you. Was it late in the evening? Was I vertical? I need you to jog my memory.

TCD

Its pretty amazing that your pet could win you a free boat ride...but the pets arent allowed on the boats...talk about pet exploitation!!!!

TigNTaz's dog was so cute in her Snow White costume...but she DID look a bit humiliated!!!

Loving the report as always TCD!!!!

You are right, BDR. Those poor animals are the ones who had to suffer, and their owners get the prize? What a load!

Did I correctly ID Tiggntaz' dog above? This is Tigger0624 (Tiggntaz' DW) right?:

FWHalloween2009253.jpg

TCD

Thats the one!!!!!! She was such a sweet dog...gentle giantess!!! Tig & Taz were very nice folks as well...I really liked them.

You met me at Carol's the night of the event but they call me Houdini because I can vanish in the blink of an eye.

You met me at Carol's the night of the event but they call me Houdini because I can vanish in the blink of an eye.

Maybe you were already invisible when I met you?

I would love to meet up with you some time. I know you have access (I'm not sure if it's authorized or unauthorized) to River Country, so I would love to compare notes with you.

TCD

According to the official FW Halloween activity guide, the next Halloween activity was the Mummy Wrap-up at 12:30 pm.

We made it there just in time.

But, there were no mummies.

What a crock.

It was just a bunch of campers, some of whom were not wearing enough clothing-as you will soon see, wrapping each other in toilet paper.

Toilet paper!

These people are darned lucky no real mummies came along and saw this farce. I am sure Disney's lawyers are going to hear from the mummy union over this.

But, even though this turned out to be totally fake. . .

And, as I said, some people should have been wearing some more clothes . . .

It still looked like a lot of fun.

So, here's the photos:

FWHalloween2009260.jpg

FWHalloween2009261.jpg

FWHalloween2009262.jpg

FWHalloween2009263.jpg

FWHalloween2009265.jpg

FWHalloween2009266.jpg

FWHalloween2009267.jpg

FWHalloween2009268.jpg

FWHalloween2009269.jpg

FWHalloween2009270.jpg

FWHalloween2009271.jpg

FWHalloween2009272.jpg

FWHalloween2009273.jpg

FWHalloween2009274.jpg

FWHalloween2009275.jpg

Having never been to a Mummy Wrap-up before, I was very surprised by this next part. I didn't know that the pseudo mummies would have to race across the Meadow and back. But, that is what they did:

FWHalloween2009276.jpg

FWHalloween2009277.jpg

FWHalloween2009278.jpg

FWHalloween2009279.jpg

FWHalloween2009280.jpg

FWHalloween2009281.jpg

FWHalloween2009282.jpg

FWHalloween2009283.jpg

FWHalloween2009284.jpg

So this all looked like harmless fun, right?

Except that all the comfort stations were inexplicably out of toilet paper for the rest of the weekend.

Not so funny now, is it?

Does anyone see any Dis'ers in the Mummy Wrap Up?

I didn't see any of the mummies running with a beer in his hand, so I don't think so. But, I thought I would ask anyway.

TCD

Does anyone see any Dis'ers in the Mummy Wrap Up? I didn't see any of the mummies running with a beer in his hand, so I don't think so. But, I thought I would ask anyway.

TCD

:rotfl2: It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.

Hi TCD ~

I spotted a DISser and a couple DISser kids - 4th picture, Nicole (SeaBee) is on the right in the back with the gray shirt and sunglasses, and with her is her oldest daughter, and Ami's (PolynesianPixie) oldest daughter. (Won't mention kids names, not sure how parent's feel about posting TMI). :)

Maybe you were already invisible when I met you?

I would love to meet up with you some time. I know you have access (I'm not sure if it's authorized or unauthorized) to River Country, so I would love to compare notes with you.

TCD

We joined the new group 'Adventures by Disney' they give us access to River Country and the swamp trail. ;);)

Hi TCD ~

I spotted a DISser and a couple DISser kids - 4th picture, Nicole (SeaBee) is on the right in the back with the gray shirt and sunglasses, and with her is her oldest daughter, and Ami's (PolynesianPixie) oldest daughter. (Won't mention kids names, not sure how parent's feel about posting TMI). :)

Good point Karla...I need to do do some editing!!!

HEY!!!! WE WERE THERE TOO AT THE END OF THE 300 LOOP in 361! WE WERE PRETTY DECORATED TOO!

Leyla & Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter