Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Re-watching parts of Take Me Back for Christmas. It actually premiered during Christmas in July. It's an okay movie. It's a rendition of the other Hallmark movies where the lead goes back it time, and gets to relive their life again differently, only to discover the life they originally had was great after all.

There is one poignant scene between the female lead and her mother, (Vanessa Lengies and Paula Boudreau,) that I just have to say kudos to. The actresses played the scene so well. No over-acting, no trying to hit the point home, no being overly-syrupy. It's a scene in which all of us who've lost a loved one wish we could have in life. I get misty-eyed watching that scene. :sad1: Well done, women!
I recently lucked onto this one, I've watched it 3 times now.

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Asheville back in 2016, and we visited the Biltmore. We also visited the Biltmore in early 2020 right before the pandemic. We watched A Biltmore Christmas and really enjoyed it! It was interesting to see the Biltmore on the screen, and the story was actually pretty decent (coming from a guy who rarely, if ever, watches a Hallmark Christmas movie!) We really want to visit Biltmore one year during the Christmas season!

Reminder for Saturday:

Love in Zion National: A National Park Romance
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 5/21 at 7pm ET
Thur 5/25 at 8pm ET
Sun 5/28 at 1pm ET

Starring: Cindy Busby and David Gridley.
Description: Assistant curator, Lauren, is out to prove a set of ancient vases belong with the Pueblo Nation. While in Zion she meets Adam, a native Puebloan park ranger, who helps her on her mission.

Reminder for Sunday:

Ride, episode 9 (of 10?) premieres at 9pm ET on the Hallmark Channel
If anyone sees this movie on the schedule, could you post it please. This is one of the NP movies I've not seen.

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Asheville back in 2016, and we visited the Biltmore. We also visited the Biltmore in early 2020 right before the pandemic. We watched A Biltmore Christmas and really enjoyed it! It was interesting to see the Biltmore on the screen, and the story was actually pretty decent (coming from a guy who rarely, if ever, watches a Hallmark Christmas movie!) We really want to visit Biltmore one year during the Christmas season!
Not to take the thread too far off of topic, the history of the Vanderbilt family is great reading, especially the patriarch, Cornelius "The Commodore" Vanderbilt. Plain old hard work from since he was a kid.

I tried watching Laughing All the Way. This was a big miss. It wasn’t entertaining, the older female character was basically unlikeable, and even Jake Epstein’s charm couldn’t save it. It’s a big No from me.
😐
👍
I couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes. She was so "unlikable" (that's one word for it).

I just went to the IMDb .com to see what rating it's getting. It's not even listed! I wonder if they removed it when they realized what a bomb it is. :crazy2: They probably will sneak the entry in at a later date when no one will remember to rate it then. :scratchin

LETTERS TO SANTA

Well.....
I think the kids were a little bratty. I get that they wanted to do all they could to get the parents to stay together, but really, trying to pull strings behind the scenes and they way they talked to the Santa guy, those kids are really lucky they weren't mine.

Overall it was OK. The mom really needed to relax in her chosen field and not obsess so much.

I've been watching a few this season! I missed A Biltmore Christmas the first time, it looked kind of silly to me, but I heard it was actually quite good so I ended up watching and the two leads had a lot of chemistry, and I really enjoyed it. I think I'd watch it again. The one with Lacey and the HOA was pretty good too, it's a sequel to one from last Christmas. Trying to think what else, one with a pilot and they land on Christmas Island? I didn't realize the main lady was Alice from Batwoman, and that I've seen her in so many things but she is so different in all of them I never realize it's all her. And there was a road trip one that I liked, it wasn't all about the romance but all the different people's stories, kind of fun that way.

I have either missed a bunch or some of my fav stars haven't been on yet. I know some left for other networks, but I thought Alison Sweeney was still on Hallmark. I'll just have to keep watching I guess :)

christmas-wreath.jpg
New Christmas movies premiering Thursday & Friday:
1f384.png
☃️

Thursday:
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
Time for Her to Come Home for Christmas
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sat 12/2 at 10pm ET
Sun 12/3 at 6pm ET
Sat12/9 at 4pm ET
Starring: Shenae Grimes-Beech, Chris Carmack and Grace Leer.
Description: This movie is another in the series of "Time for _____ to Come Home for Christmas." Facing her first Christmas without her mother and looking to avoid loneliness, Carly heads to a quaint town to lead the church choir at Christmas. Once there, Carly meets Matthew, a man back in town after serving in the army. As she gets to know Matthew, the choir and townspeople, she stumbles across clues that suggest she may have been brought here for a life changing reason. As the mystery unravels one thing is clear, this journey will teach Carly about true love, learning to trust, and that forgiveness is needed to finally heal.

Friday:
Hallmark Channel:
My Norwegian Holiday
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sat 12/2 at 2pm ET
Tues 12/5 at 6pm ET
Sun 12/10 at 12pm ET
Starring: Rhiannon Fish and David Elsendoorn.
Description: JJ, grieving the loss of her grandmother and seeking dissertation inspiration, stumbles upon an unexpected holiday destiny. Meeting Henrik, a Norwegian from Bergen, their connection deepens when he discovers she has a troll figurine from his hometown. To explore the troll’s history and her grandmother’s ties, JJ agrees to join Henrik on a journey to Norway. In Bergen, they’re drawn into Henrik’s family Christmas and wedding traditions, with his sister’s wedding the day before Christmas Eve. JJ embarks on a holiday adventure, uncovering the troll’s origins and finding her own path to healing, love and family.

Last edited:
Hey guys wanted to give a heads up about a Lifetime movie for those that are not looking for "spice" as its being described in their Christmas movies there is a disclaimer about this year's A Cowboy Christmas Romance that has just been released.

A Cowboy Christmas Romance is being advised that it will contain an adult scene. Lifetime saying "The network believes that there is an audience hungry for grown-up romance and is excited to add some smolder to their usual holiday content. The movie deviates from typical Lifetime Christmas movie clichés and focuses on real family dynamics and relationships rather than the usual festive elements."

I'm thinking the Biltmore movie may be Hallmark's highest rated this season though there are still plenty of movies to come I don't think it will slip too far down to the point where people will suggest skipping

I think we'll watch it this weekend. Right now it's at a 8.2/10 on IMDb with 1,010 ratings which I must say is one of the more rated movies I've seen from network Christmas movies.

I just went to the IMDb .com to see what rating it's getting. It's not even listed! I wonder if they removed it when they realized what a bomb it is. :crazy2: They probably will sneak the entry in at a later date when no one will remember to rate it then. :scratchin

I tried to find it too.
This happens all the time and isn't related to the rating (especially when I've seen movies that are in the 2's and 3's on IMDb :lmao: ). Hallmark has had plenty of movies over the years where I couldn't find it in IMDb until later on. Lifetime has this happen. GAF, etc they all have that happen. Someone is inputting the information but I'm not sure what/who is responsible for it.

It can also be confusing if the main cast isn't actually listed which happened more often than you'd think. Then there's title switches, movies that are purchased and aired as a different name on the network. Those can make it difficult to find the movie once it is added to IMDb.

This happens all the time and isn't related to the rating (especially when I've seen movies that are in the 2's and 3's on IMDb :lmao: ). Hallmark has had plenty of movies over the years where I couldn't find it in IMDb until later on. Lifetime has this happen. GAF, etc they all have that happen. Someone is inputting the information but I'm not sure what/who is responsible for it.

It can also be confusing if the main cast isn't actually listed which happened more often than you'd think. Then there's title switches, movies that are purchased and aired as a different name on the network. Those can make it difficult to find the movie once it is added to IMDb.

Yes, I'm aware that sometimes the listing isn't up in time. Yet, one time, the IMDb listing was up. I had to look up the main actors ahead of time, so I know it was there, to put in my weekly Reminder post here. After watching the movie, that turned out to be quite a horrific bomb, I went back to the IMDb listing to see what the rating currently was and to read any reviews.

I found the page was "locked." One could no longer add a rating or a review. It already had a rating of 5.6 and about 3-5 reviews. That would likely go down with time as more people weighed in. Looking at the page more closely, I saw someone, I suspect the producer, :rolleyes1 changed the date of movie's U.S. premiere date to some 6 months ahead, which locked the page from ratings and reviews. It did NOT however, get rid of it's current rating and the reviews already posted.

There is a button for corrections to a page. I wrote in how the premiere date had been altered. The movie had indeed premiered and had even already been getting reviews and a low rating. I included links to verify my info that the movie had aired here.

The next day, IMDb changed the premiere date back to the original date and the page was unlocked. The next several days the rating went going down further.

I forget what movie it was, so we can't see what the rating is now. Most likely 5.2-ish. I purposely sent in the IMDb correction as, I feel the people involved with making the movie need to put their adult panties on and take the hit for putting out a bad movie. I took the time to watch as much as I did. Time I will never get back. They need to allow whatever rating and reviews they get, so we can warn each other.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter