Hall Of President Opinions

hhhmmmm... I didn't care for it. I liked the American Adventure show in EPCOT much more. I found HOP extremely boring.

I would never miss it. A 20 minute "history lesson" is not going to kill them. As an added bonus it provides foot relief and A/C.

Do it!

This is actually how we found this "most overlooked treasure". We were hot and tired and popped in. My kids actually liked it. Short enough to hold there interest and we played "name that president". Which could be potentially embarrassing for the parent, I couldn't believe how many of the old guys I got wrong. :scared1:

its ok i guess. but not being american im not too fussed about the US presidents to be quite honest! but the technology and themeing is good.

D.

I hated it as a child, and I hate it now. We always see it when we go, as people have said it's a nice break from the heat and makes for a good resting point. Other than that I find myself rolling my eyes throughout the entire thing.

its ok i guess. but not being american im not too fussed about the US presidents to be quite honest! but the technology and themeing is good.

D.

Don't worry about it D, I'm from America and the one's we've had lately haven't been thrilling me either. :rotfl:

Its a nice place to take a break at the Magic Kingdom. I really liked it! My DD 6 thought the presidents were really there!

You should try it at least once, maybe when it's hot out and you want to relax for a while. We like The American Adventure in Epcot better.

Can I get some opinions on the Hall of Presidents. We have been to Disneyworld 12 times and have never seen it. My kids will not want to sit through a history lesson on vacation.

Thanks, Kim

Mmmmm....if you are the parent the kids should be able to sit thru whatever you tell them to. :confused3

My kids saw it with their grandma, I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but its on my list for my feb trip. My kids didn't say anything along the lines of boring and lets not do that again. they were 9-10 at the time.
I think if you present things in a positive way..ie "let's try this one, we haven't had a chance to do it yet" then you may be pleasantly surprised

I love it. I went as a child with my parents on our many family trips and I still go today on my own. It's definitely something you should do once. It might become a favorite and it might be something you never do again. Try it and see.

You also learn all kinds of neat facts about the presidents before the show. I'm not sure if he is there all the time, but the CM who was working there knew SO much interesting trivia about the presidents which also helps to make the attraction enjoyable.

It's a tradition for me and I always go to HOP at Disney. I'd definitely say it's much more than a just a history lesson. Try it!

We've seen it and probably won't go back to see it again anytime soon. The animatronics are awesome. As a Southerner, I'll just say that there were parts of how the South is portrayed that I found to be a bit offensive. I'll just leave it at that.

I can understand not wanting to elaborate on here. Could you PM me with details? I'd hate to have to get my back up and walk out in the big middle of everything. Depending on how things are portrayed, I just might. Or it might not bother me at all. Better to know ahead of time.

Thanks.

My kids also do not appreciate the "animatronic history lesson", My wife is indifferent... so I let my DW take them on a DO OVER of something we have all ready done, while I take in the pagentry alone! Then meet them after. I do this for Hall of Presidents, the show in the American Pavilion as well as the Walt Disney Story @ MGM..I understand that movie is no longer running!:sad1:

best place in MK to doze off in good a/c

Add me to the ones who love it and wouldn't miss it. My mom and I even did it twice on our last visit. The kids 15,13,11 at the time only had to "endure" it once. But, all agreed they will want to do it again in two weeks when we go. The roll call is very cool. I agree that I enjoy watching to see the small movements of the figures.

I really enjoy it.

I hope you do too.

Tell your kids that they can play a little game by trying to figure out which president fidgets the most... Or, have them count the number of fidgets they can see.

I think it's pretty good...my DW thought it was awesome. We don't have kids, but I remember going when I went with my parents. I was in the sixth grade at the time, and I remember thinking it was ok...with pretty cool technology.

I avoided it in the past going on extra rides while my parents did it. Our last trip I took my dd(7) to it since she is really into that kind of thing expecting to be bored. We both enjoyed it. My hubbs took my ds into haunted mansion. We liked it more than the american adventure. However I slept through part of the americn adventure and had to try to keep up with my son too. I am a southerner too and I don't remember anything in the Hall of Presidents touching any kind of nerve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter