Halifax Tour

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by incoo, Nov 9, 2012.

1. incoo

incoo Earning My Ears

Just started listening to podcasts and going through the shows,when I listened to the Halifax excursion segment.
    What I found was how lightly the Halifax explosion was taken.When this happened 2000 people were killed including many school children,9000 were injured both by the explosion and resulting tsunamis.
    I know being Canadian I might be more sensitive to remarks made about the explosion,but it was a significant moment of tragedy in our history.
    The cannon you described showed how powerful the explosion was,imagine being close to the epicenter.
    I don't mean to rant but something like this event should have been treated with more dignity than what it seemed like on the podcast.
    Thank you.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

I didn't get the impression anyone on the podcast made light of the explosion. There was some good-natured teasing of one of the Canadian travel agents about how the only thing that seems to have ever happened in Halifax was the explosion.

4. Tinkershelly

Tinkershelly <font color=royalblue>DisneyWorld trip winner!<br>

5. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

If you are familiar with our show, you should probably already be aware that we are not often "reverential".

We reviewed our tour and our guide.

This was not meant as a Canadian history lesson.

6. appycat

appycat appycat

I felt the podcast team was reviewing their experiences on the tour. I did not get the impression they were making light of the tragic event. After the show, I read up on the history of the explosion as I had never heard of it. My family ended up having a discussion about it and reflected on how terrible it must have been for the victims and their families. So, the review led to learning something and that's always good.