Halifax share dealing - commision free this week

Ruddles

Send me back to Mickeyland!
Hi all,

Hopefully I'm not repeating what anyone else has already said!

Halifax Share Dealing has a special offer on. No commision on foreign share trading until 21:00 on Monday 22nd February.

We just used it to buy another 15 Disney shares to bring us up to the 20, and I can confirm we weren't charged commision.

I hope that helps someone.

Sorry.. http://www.halifax.co.uk/sharedealing/products/share_dealing_account.asp

It's been a year since I set up my account, so I won't try and talk you through the details, but there's information on that link and signup links. If it's unchanged you do have to credit your share dealing account with £100 when you set it up, but you can take it out again straight after.

If I recall if was quite easy, and I'm sure someone who has done it recently can add a bit more.

Just asked this question on another thread , If I sort out shares with Halifax tomorrow will I be able to use my perks when I go in 18 days?

So to join i have to deposit £100 in the account?

Then pay the admin fee to join? Gosh im confused.

Just the 100 pounds to use when buying the shares. This can be withdrawn at a later date. No fees to pay at the moment as Ruddles says. Normally you would pay a commission price each transaction. However, there is no admin fee at Halifax.

Yes but why not buy the 20 and get free membership to the Shareholders club rather than paying 30-00 for the priviledge of joining every two years. You can get about six or seven more shares for the 30 pounds.

They will always be your shares to sell if you ever wanted to. Paying the 30 to Disney for the club seems a waste of money.

So put in £100, buy my 5 shares then take the rest of the money out?

Yes, you can do that Emma.

The cost of the shares do seem to go up and down (I bought mine at something like £2.50 a share last year) - so if it makes sense for you to just buy 5 shares at the moment, and pay no commission fees this weekend, you still don't have to actually apply for your shareholders card until about 2 months before your trip to DLP. At that time, you could decide to either buy the other 15 shares, or pay your 30 euros to pay the fee for the shareholders club.

You need to wait for your password to arrive by post to complete the registration before you can trade, so if you are opening a new account you need to do it quickly in order to receive your password before Monday....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter