Half Marathon through a theme park -- Hersheypark!

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
This past weekend, I ran a Half Marathon through a theme park -- Hersheypark! It reminded me so much of the Walt Disney World Marathon that I had to share.

Of course runDisney is run pretty flawlessly, at least based on my 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend and Goofy Challenge experience, so the 2014 Hershey Half Marathon was not at the same level. But definitely a lot of fun. Something about running through a theme park is so motivating a fun! :cool1:

see my full race report and details on my blog post here.

Are there any other races through other theme parks around the country? I think I'm addicted. :thumbsup2

There is a 5k "Pole to Pole Run" at SeaWorld San Diego ( I don't know about the other locations)

There is also a 10k and half marathon at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (although it will not be run next year due to a zoo anniversary).

And this December there is a Santa Hustle 5k and half marathon that goes through Knott's Berry Farm.

I'm wondering what other theme park runs are out there too!

I believe it is April but we have a half, 10k and 5k that goes though our local theme park. Lagoon in Utah.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg does an 8k Christmas Town Dash the first week of December. It is fun but cold. It was my fastest 8k ever.

thanks for the info everyone! just something about running through theme parks is great. maybe i can embark on a "racing through America's theme parks" tour.

Thanks for sharing! I am interested in doing this race, and also some other theme park races, especially Cedar Point!

Looks like we do a lot of the same races (which makes sense being from NJ :rolleyes:). I did the April Fools 11k and the Long Branch half as well. Long Branch was my PR before Hershey!

I liked your review of the race. I have to disagree with you on the water stops though. I thought they were too far spaced in the second half. I carried my own water thankfully, but my friends who didn't were wishing they had!

I might check out the Manasquan Reservoir trail! I just moved and the trail that I really like is about an hour drive away (I still go there for anything over 14 miles) so I have been looking for a new one. I'm not a fan of loops though, so I'm not sure how well it will work out. I can't be given an opportunity to quit, so passing by my car 3 or 4 times will be bad. :laughing:

Looks like we do a lot of the same races (which makes sense being from NJ :rolleyes:). I did the April Fools 11k and the Long Branch half as well. Long Branch was my PR before Hershey!

that's great RnbwSktles! btw i'm always looking for new places in the area to run so let me know of any of your suggestions!

Down here in Orlando, there are several 5ks where you can run through Sea World (Reindeer Run & Dawn Brancheau) and through Universal (there's one that just happened a few weeks ago and Dick Bachelor Run for the Children in January)

Which Six Flags is it through? I was literally just wondering if any of the Six Flags parks did that!

I didn't end up registering in time. :(

Biggest Loser did a bunch of races in Six Flags across the country this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter