Half group on TT, other half ???

numberonenole

Mouseketeer
My youngest wants to ride Test Track, the oldest is too scared. So we are going to split up. The two of us are planning on going straight to TT at rope drop to minimize the wait. Where should hubby and oldest son go while we are on TT? I would say Mission Space but he gets scared on TT??? He is 6 years old. We've never been on Mission Space before.

Thanks!

If you're going at rope drop, the line shouldn't be very long. You could either walk to TT together, then DH and DS could look around the car showroom/gift shop where you exit the ride. Or split up, and they could go get Soarin' FPs for everyone. They could ride Living with the Land or get a snack and wait for you to catch up.

I say Mission Space Green. It isn't very scary -- it's like playing spaceship. And it is unlikely to have a huge line at rope drop.

I agree with PP that they could take the tickets and get Soarin Fastpasses while you are on TT, ...and then maybe ride Figment Journey Into Imagination, then meet up in front of the Fountain. Figment: Very not scary. Not like playing spaceship, but near the Soarin Fastpasses.:thumbsup2

Your best bet is to definately get Soarin' FP's! That is my strategy everytime we go to EP. At rope drop, I rush right to Soarin' with everyone's KTTW cards and grab FP's, while the rest of the family goes and get in line for Character Spot or another attraction.

I've been to WDW at 2 different times of year, both with generally light crowd levels, and FP's are always sold out for Soarin' by noon. Another alternative, though, is for everyone to head over to Soarin' and ride that right off, then go get FP's for TT immediately after. While waiting for your FP time, you can hop over to Mission: Space and Ellen's Energy Adventure. Don't forget to get your Rider Switch Passes. That way you and hubby can swap out turns and your little guy can ride TT TWICE! :woohoo:

Downstairs at Mission Space has some fun interactive games and missions they could do while they're waiting. You didn't say how old the oldest is - would he like to do something in Innoventions? There's a ton of fun stuff for kids in there, too. Or character photos? They could go to the Character Spot next to Mouse Gear. Or inside Spaceship Earth there's a lot of cool interactive video game things, too.

I agree you could just get in line for TT while DH and DS goes with all your tickets and gets the Soarin' fastpass. They could ride Living with the Land, or see the Timon and Pumbaa show while they're waiting for you.

I've spent time with the youngest in the car showroom and the coloring in the gift shop because she was too scared. The car showroom can be fun for kids! The cars whizzing around outside sound scary. But then we made her try it and she loved it. Also loved Mission Space (green) and she is kind of a chicken. So I would first really try to encourage him to try it, and if not, either do the showroom if you want to hang close, or Mission Space.

I would seriously try to talk the child into trying TT. What are they afraid of? it is just like riding on the highway. I would say you ride in a car coming here we are all going to try it once and if you don't like it you don't have to do it again.

If you can't convince them I would send the 2 who want to ride TT straight over ther at rope drop and the 2 who don't head towards soarin and get FP's for everyone and then just wait for the TT 2 to come back and get in the reg line for soarin. (you will want to ride it twice mine always do) and use your FP's later.

Agree that TT is pretty tame - pp idea of just comparing it to a ride on the highway with the windows down is accurate. Prep the kid for the time the truck comes into oncoming traffic - that's the only scary part.

If you cannot talk them into it, recomend the inoventions pavilion - you could kill tons of time in there - lots of stuff for younger kids while the older ones play at TT, and they can jsut meet you over there after they're done.

Your best bet is to definately get Soarin' FP's! That is my strategy everytime we go to EP. At rope drop, I rush right to Soarin' with everyone's KTTW cards and grab FP's, while the rest of the family goes and get in line for Character Spot or another attraction.

I've been to WDW at 2 different times of year, both with generally light crowd levels, and FP's are always sold out for Soarin' by noon. Another alternative, though, is for everyone to head over to Soarin' and ride that right off, then go get FP's for TT immediately after. While waiting for your FP time, you can hop over to Mission: Space and Ellen's Energy Adventure. Don't forget to get your Rider Switch Passes. That way you and hubby can swap out turns and your little guy can ride TT TWICE! :woohoo:

rier swap passes are for when a member of your party is too short to meet the height requirements, not for when they are too scared to ride. I now I have heard of them being given in that case sometimes, but it is not something to count on.

I would have the non-riders go get FP for Soarin' while the 2 riders go to TT and ride. By the time the FP are in hand and they make it over to TT you will probably be done and can have the other adult who wants to go on do so and the others can go to innoventions.

Have a good trip-we used this method ^ last year when we went. We were so quick getting to TT that we rode all alone, LOL

Image0154-1.jpg

Agree with PPs who say try to convince your DS that TT is not bad. It is very tame. If that doesn't work definitely go for Soarin'!!

Agree with PPs who say try to convince your DS that TT is not bad. It is very tame. If that doesn't work definitely go for Soarin'!!

I have to respectfully disagree. TT feels like a roller coaster to me in terms of the dips and bends. If he's afraid, don't push it or you could create years worth of refusal to go on anything. For me, it's the trust factor - Mommy said it was okay and it wasn't, so I don't trust Mommy's opinion any more.

I have been totally honest with my DD who is a bit of a chicken. She has slowly worked her way up to different rides. The last trip it was Space Mountain. She still won't do Haunted Mansion because she's afraid it's too scary and I won't push her to do it.

Our oldest chickened out at TT the first time she tried to ride it. The wait line scared her badly. :eek: Who could blame her with all of the crashing and banging. She thought SHE was going to be a Crash Test Dummy and hit a windshield. :scared1: No wonder she was scared.

After we bailed from the ride and told her that what she was afraid of on the ride was not going to happen she eventually rode TT. She now loves it and she is NOT a roller coaster person.

Certainly do not push but try to find out why the child does not want to ride. Once our oldest heard what TT was like from her younger sister, she wanted to ride TT.

Later,
Dan

I would let your DS watch a youtube video of the ride and then decide if he wants to do it. The inside part is not that bad. But once it goes outside, it feels really fast and you don't want to start your day with an upset and freaked out kid. :confused3

Test Track video link HERE

Like the others mentioned, if you plan to ride Soarin' later, have your DH and DS get FPs for Soarin' while you ride with your youngest son. Then, meet up with them to ride Spaceship Earth before the crowds arrive. This is a non-FP attraction. We try to gather FPs in the morning (Test Track and Soarin') and ride the non-FP attractions before noon (Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Living with the Land and Figment). Mission:Space has FP capabilities. But, we've never needed one and prefer to get another FP for Test Track for after lunch. DD8 could ride TT all day if we let her. :banana:

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

I have to respectfully disagree. TT feels like a roller coaster to me in terms of the dips and bends. If he's afraid, don't push it or you could create years worth of refusal to go on anything. For me, it's the trust factor - Mommy said it was okay and it wasn't, so I don't trust Mommy's opinion any more.

I have been totally honest with my DD who is a bit of a chicken. She has slowly worked her way up to different rides. The last trip it was Space Mountain. She still won't do Haunted Mansion because she's afraid it's too scary and I won't push her to do it.

:thumbsup2

You know your child the best, but I'm not so quick to say Soarin' would be a good ride to try while the other half is riding TT. I think that the PP who suggested looking at the car shop, etc had a very good idea.

Explain Soarin' to him and ask if he'd like to ride it. If so, get FPs for the whole family while the rest is on TT. After getting FPs, go back to the car shop (or whatever it's called) and wait for the rest of your family. That's what I would do, anyway.

unless the 2 not riding TT get the passes for Soarin, i would say the cars at the end of ride would be fun. not sure what scares the child but we have one who will ride TT but forget Soarin. scared of falling out of seat.

Thanks for all the replies!

We rode Test Track the last time we went and he says he does not like the part where the car goes outside very fast. He started crying and was sobbing out of control by the end of the ride.

I hadn't thought of sending the two of them to get Soarin fast passes. They can get those, ride The Land, then meet us at Nemo.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter