Half-board premium restaurant advice please

YasDisney

Earning My Ears
Sorry about asking for yet more advice about restaurants. By the way, I'm a newcomer and this site is fantastic - such a great source of advice.

We are going to Disney in March - 2 adults and two children a girl aged 10 and boy aged 8.
We're staying in the Hotel New York for 3 nights and have the half board premium vouchers.

I'd like some advice about 1. which restaurants to eat at as we want to book up now and are keen to get it right - my kids are quite well behaved - well sometimes - so potentially we could go to the 'posher' places. The only place I have settled on is Buffalo Bill's show as a must. But my short-list for the other two days is Walts (but it isn't open at night), Inventions, California Grill and Auberge de Cendrillon but I wonder if my 8 year old boy will hate it? We were thinking perhaps one character buffet and one more civilized meal?

2. my daughters birthday will take place on the one of the days so can we arrange for a cake for that day at the restaurants do you know and approximately how much?

3. Can we exchange our vouchers for face value and order a la carte at the table service restaurants mentioned and is it worth it?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance to all who reply.

I think to make best use of your vouchers you've made some good choices. Walts is lovely however they have changed the menu recently and doesnt include as much as it use to so I would have a look at the reviews section of the board.
For a character meal I think Inventions is great or Cafe Mickey is fav of mine- you could use your vouchers there using them at face value. Even tho I haven't tried California Grill, I would def choose to go there too.

I believe cakes are around 22euros, when we ordered one we where told we could only have it at a table service not a buffet, but i'm not sure that is true anymore as we're been in buffets and seen other ppl having them.

Yes you can use you voucher for face value anywhere, however you may have to pay extra and I think the set menu is prob the best value.

I;m a first timer going in May so can't comment on the restaurants but I ordered a birthday cake for my DD at Auberge de Cendrillon. It cost £17 but I believe it would have been more if I ordered it once I got there.

My son is just 7 and he likes Auberge BUT we go with my princess-mad DD (3) and they both dress up, so DS is a prince and they make a big fuss of him as well as DD. It has changed quite recently and except for Cinderella at the entrance all the princesses have their princes with them and they're very good at chatting to boys. Has to be said the clientele is quite girl-heavy in there though if that's something he would hate. Unless the park is open late Auberge will only be for lunch too.
California Grill is wonderful food and they give the children drawing to do, but it is more of an adult restaurant. Inventions is a really good character buffet, a cut above the others, and good value for your HB premium vouchers.

Thanks so much for the useful replies. I've decided on Buffalo Bills, Inventions and am dithering between the California Grill and Walts. Does anyone know what the children's menu is like at California Grill?

Thanks so much for the useful replies. I've decided on Buffalo Bills, Inventions and am dithering between the California Grill and Walts. Does anyone know what the children's menu is like at California Grill?

We are going next week so I will let you know what the choices are on the childrens menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter