Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to try the Welsh Dragon drink, but have never gotten around to it. That and a Boddington's beer.

I'm thinking of eating at Rose and Crown this fall, but I think not due to too many restaurants, too few days. That, and from what I've read Three Broomsticks at Universal is going to offer a similar menu, and I "have" to try that place.

What I'm really looking foward to this fall though, is a glass of butterbeer and/or pumpkin juice at the Three Broomsticks.

You should try the Welsh Dragon AND the English Rose! :lmao: Why not get one from the pub "to go"! ;)

I just googled Three Broomsticks :rotfl2: since we are not staying at UO this summer I never looked into the Harry Potter thing all that much, but I just talked to Tom and we might even pop over for a day to check it all out - then it's Three Broomsticks here we come! :rotfl:

Oh yum sticky toffee pudding and custard :)

Thanx for answering my question about online check in :thumbsup2

OK, another one here who hasn't tried the Welsh Dragon.........:idea: should we do that instead of Bellevue lounge?:rotfl2:

Ahhh.. the Welsh Dragon. :cloud9: Last time I left my souvenir cup on the table :headache: ... won't happen again! Also loved the cottage pie with duchess potatoes (that is code for cheesy potatoes! :thumbsup2)

How could I not have known you started your pre-dining report??? Have a wonderful trip and I eagerly await your reviews upon your return!!

OK, another one here who hasn't tried the Welsh Dragon.........:idea: should we do that instead of Bellevue lounge?:rotfl2:

We are game for anything - just let us know where you want us to be, :lmao: We can do both if you like! :rotfl2:

Ahhh.. the Welsh Dragon. :cloud9: Last time I left my souvenir cup on the table :headache: ... won't happen again! Also loved the cottage pie with duchess potatoes (that is code for cheesy potatoes! :thumbsup2)

After that meal we never went back and I always get upset because they didn't have decent tea! :rotfl: But it is on my TO DO list for next August/September - and I'll bring some tea - nothing better than an after dinner cup o' tea!

Fish and chips>>yyuummyyy

:thumbsup2

How could I not have known you started your pre-dining report??? Have a wonderful trip and I eagerly await your reviews upon your return!!

Never mind we're still a week away from our trip and these are just reminders of trips past! :goodvibes

And another day closer to our trip! Only 6 more sleeps and it is getting late here already!

So, here's today's review!

Sci-Fi

Summer060217.jpg

Lunar Landing - amaretto, peach schnapps and orange juice

Summer060218.jpg

The Comet - rum, vodka, gin and tequila topped off with sour mix and cranberry juice

Summer060216.jpg

BLT Soup - A creamy tomato basil soup, topped with an herb crouton, shredded lettuce and bacon - a very yummy soup! We often recreate it at home - it is just devine!

Summer060219.jpg

Summer060221.jpg

Chicken Caesar

Summer060220.jpg

Summer060222.jpg

Butcher Steak - with a red wine glaze, seasonal vegetables, and potato

Summer060223.jpg

Chocolate Tart - no longer on the menu - but this was GOOD!

Okay, see ya all tomorrow - after I survived another half term teachers meeting!

We are game for anything - just let us know where you want us to be, :lmao: We can do both if you like! :rotfl2:

Is the Welsh Dragon sweet? I don't really care for super sweet cocktails. If we get bored at Bellevue we can always stroll over to R&C.;)

Is the Welsh Dragon sweet? I don't really care for super sweet cocktails. If we get bored at Bellevue we can always stroll over to R&C.;)

Actually ....... I can't remember - I'll ask Tom tomorrow, it was his drink. I remember tasting it, but I was happier with my English Rose :rotfl2:

Yummy dinner at Sci Fi, loving the cocktails :)

So what else is left to plan for your Feb trip?

how could I have missed this!:dance3:

all signed up now, have the most amazing time!:yay:

so what was the dunbrody kiss at RR....a choc mousse or ice cream?

and when did you visit Captains Grille pls, thinking of that for Aug!

I'm booking my ADRs tomorrow for Aug......YAY!, can't wait!:banana:

Yummy dinner at Sci Fi, loving the cocktails :)

So what else is left to plan for your Feb trip?

We like Sci-Fi - it is NO haute cusine, but it is fun to dine in the cars and watch those old clips. We mostly had good luck with our food as well! :goodvibes

Well, planning for February is mostly done - I have done my esta-registrations, printed out all the confirmations for hotels and dining and all that is still to do is quite a bit of ironing and packing.
I was very distracted those last few days with filling out report cards - it's half term and there are so many things that have to be done ....... and the weather is not helping either - it is cold and dreary and just YUCK!!
But it is just 3 more school days and then we are off! Yippie!:woohoo:

how could I have missed this!:dance3:

all signed up now, have the most amazing time!:yay:

so what was the dunbrody kiss at RR....a choc mousse or ice cream?

and when did you visit Captains Grille pls, thinking of that for Aug!

I'm booking my ADRs tomorrow for Aug......YAY!, can't wait!:banana:

Hi! Welcome! You have found us! You haven't missed much, we haven't even left Austria yet! :lmao:

The Dunbrody Kiss was kind of a chocolate mousse ..... we were kind of not in the mood for dessert as the server brought out the bill before the desserts and that is a HUGE no no with me! :rotfl2: So I tried to ignore the bill, then I had the breadpudding and it was cold and stale :scared1: ........ another NO NO!
But we are giving it another chance in August!
We were at Captain's Grill several times and the food was always good - we just had one really bad server - well, now we laugh about it, but then it got me royally ticked off! :lmao:

:woohoo: for booking your ADRs tomorrow! I need to wait another 6 days - but then I will get to book mine while I am AT WDW! :laughing:
So, what restaurants are you thinking about? I have my plans all set up - I wonder if we have the same places in mind! ;)

I cannot believe how fast your trip is coming up. Where did the time go? I can't wait for the "new" dining reviews.

I cannot believe how fast your trip is coming up. Where did the time go? I can't wait for the "new" dining reviews.

Neither can I! :rotfl2: I actually can't believe I will be AT WDW this time next week! :scared1:
As much as I don't mind the time to fly by while waiting for a trip I SO hope it will "drag" on while we are there! :lmao:
And we just can't wait to try all those "new for us" restaurants. Did you read that WPE is changing its menu TOMORROW!!!!!! :scared1: I hope they leave ALL my favourite things on (which is about everything, :rotfl:)!
I am so excited about CSR! I go back and forth on your "unofficial page" and the more I look at it the more I want to stay there! :goodvibes - 5 more sleeps until I can rest in one of the CSR rooms! :woohoo:

To pass the time (4 more sleeps until we leave, :lmao:) here is another set of food photos - this time they are from the Kona Cafe

IMG_7202.jpg

Shrimp and Scallops - panko breaded shrimp and pan-seared scallops with sticky rice, roasted pepper sauce and spicy passion fruit-orange-guava sauce - yum, yum, yummy!!!!!

IMG_7204.jpg

Pomegranate Barbecued Pork Chop served with pan-roasted fingerling potatoes and braised Swiss chard - HUGE and tasty!

IMG_7208.jpg

Coconut Cream Kiki Tart - niiiiiiiiice!

IMG_7210.jpg

Chocolate Fondue - now, what can be said about that? Chocolate lovers heaven! Chocolate, fresh fruit, maccaroons and crisp cookies = :worship:

Oh wow that looks soooo good.

I can't believe its only three days and then you are off :) Bet you are racing through those report cards :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter