• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hakuna Kidani, What a Turtleful Phrase!

Red Robin is fun! I don't know if there is one around here (definitely not in my town).
I liked the buoys and gulls sign but did not notice the symbols were under the wrong word.

So sad...My thoughts and prayers for the little Boy, Abram and his family and with Cara too.

Best wishes starting up school again MeMom!
So sad for the family and friends of the little boy. It's always tragic.

Prayers and good wishes to you too Cara! Hope all goes well! :hug:

I'll definitely pray for that young man & his family - how awful.

The students are lucky to have you & the other teachers at your school. If I taught, I know it would be hard on me to see kids who's parents didn't care, were abusive, absent etc.

Have a great day!!

And in most cases, you can't do anything about their situations. We just do the best we can do while we have them in our care.

Oh & Cara - thoughts & prayers to you as well!

Prayers for that little boy and his family, prayers for your students, teachers, administrators, etc., and prayers for Cara. :hug:

That just breaks my heart about the little boy and his family :sad1: My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time.

Prayers for Cara too!

Best wishes starting up school again MeMom!
So sad for the family and friends of the little boy. It's always tragic.

Prayers and good wishes to you too Cara! Hope all goes well! :hug:

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I told Cara to keep me updated tomorrow.

Prayers and hugs to the family of little Abram. :grouphug:
Prayers also for Cara..... as a Nurse, I always pray for the surgeon, the nurses and the anesthesiologist to be at their best and spread the healing power of God (or whatever anyone else would like to call Him).

MeMom, you made me cry today during your touching descriptions of the wee ones in your loving care. Hope that you all have a wonderful adventure this year! :teacher:

Okay back to work for me. Lunch break over. Deb

I do, too. I think of all the healthcare workers down the line who care for patients from beginning to release.

Our students only came for half the day today, so teachers got another chance to leave the building for lunch. Our second grade team went to O'Charley's for lunch and had a nice time talking and laughing. It was nice to do that on this first school day. :goodvibes

Red Robin is fun! I don't know if there is one around here (definitely not in my town).
I liked the buoys and gulls sign but did not notice the symbols were under the wrong word.

So sad...My thoughts and prayers for the little Boy, Abram and his family and with Cara too.

The girls pretty much think Red Robin is the celebration restaurant.

You have Perkins Restaurants down there. I have not eaten there, unless I did when I was younger and just don't remember, but I have heard very good reviews of that place. I want us to try it sometime when we are down there.

After eating and browsing, we went out to take a peek at the beach.

Finally, the cottage was ready. We were in Hawksbill Cottage.

As you walk in the front door, the stairs are to the left.

Downstairs, there were three bedrooms with full baths and a laundry room.

This room was mine.

Looking from the other side of my room back toward the laundry room and front door.

Marc and Anita's room.

Jill's bunch had this room.

Pictures on the wall as you go upstairs.

The steps went straight into the sitting area.

The kitchen was to the right.

Isn't this table great?

Out on the beachside deck.

The lovely view!

Looking from the kitchen toward the beachside deck.

Shortly after we got there, Miss Anita Wigd and Mr. Marc showed up.

They had a bag of goodies from the cruise that the girls enjoyed going through.

This was on the table.

This was the chair cushion material. So cool!

That's it for now.
I will leave you with one happy thought: Tomorrow is Friiiidaaaaay! :cool1:

Hi there!:goodvibes

I've been on a few different reports, but don't comment that often. I'm excited to see what you think of Vero Beach! We're recent DVC members and are definitely interested to check out this place. Turtles, of course, have absolutely nothing to do with it......:rolleyes1

My heart goes out to that little boys family. What a hard way to start the school year. I'll say prayers for his family as they heal both body and spirit.

I'll also keep Cara in my prayers as she has surgery tomorrow.

Another beautiful beach picture. The cottage is just perfect! I love that the turtle is represented in so much of the decor.

I bet the girls had a blast looking through that bag. I looks like it had a ton of wonderful treats for them.

So sad about the student & his family. Hopefully you won't have too hard of a year ahead.

Son took us out to dinner, other son made dinner the next day. DH took me shopping for the day & I got some new things at Talbot's. hope you had a great day also.

That cottage is so so so cute! Nice digs! What I wouldn't do for that beachside patio! I think I'm gonna have to add Vero to my Disney bucket-list. My best friend in high school used to collect sea turtle stuff and when she passed away I inherited her collection. Your pictures really made me think of her.:goodvibes

Here's hoping the first day of school was a success!:thumbsup2im sure your room still looks pretty great! Besides, it's the warm, caring teacher kids remember, not the room ;) and I'm certain many children have fond memories of being a part of your class! It's wonderful that you can provide them with a safe place where they know they will treated with care and respect.

I'll be thinking of and praying for a speedy recovery for you Cara! :hug:

So sorry for the loss of your little guy, I'm sure your school will miss his presence for some time. I know his family will always have a void that will never be filled...
Cara, if you happen to look at this tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you and praying for everyone involved with your care.

MeMom, how was your day?
Are you going back tomorrow?
I'm sure you are, we can all do anything for a day.
Then you get to have the famous Red Robin party!

I'm so glad you got all of those pictures of the cottage before Marc and I got there to make it all messy.
I am now ruined to stay in any place smaller. I think we need more points!

Awww Memom

sorry i am late to the party - I missed your special day. Happy belated birthday. I hope you had a nice time and enjoy Red Robin. We ate their 3 times when we came over in 2010 - it just hit the right spot for all the different appetites and tastes in our family group.

Good luck with the new school year - I cant believe you are back already - its flown by, so must feel even worse for you :confused3

Really enjoying the Vero tour as have never seen this place - heard alot of people refer to it but its the first lot of pics. What a lovely place you had to stay in.

After seeing those AMAZING Vero pictures, I think I need to suggest that we take a family trip there. How spectacular!

The cottage looks beautiful! I think we will be renting points for a trip in the next year. I'd never considered Vero but it might be nice to do a "non-Disney" vacation for a change :) Thanks for going ahead and testing the waters for us :thumbsup2

Miss Anita is looking quite thin, isn't she?

I can't believe it's back to school time already. I have a big 2nd grader starting in two weeks and her little sister (22 months) will be starting daycare the same day! Hope your first day was great! (As great as going back to work can be, that is :confused3)

I'm going to try and figure out what to request for our Pop stay next weekend today. I may just let it be luck of the draw.

I hope you won't mind me mentioning it here MeMom, if so, let me know and I will edit my post; but we were selected for the current test program for Magic Bands! I am posting about it in my blog, link in my signature, and will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have there.

Time to go back to school already? That doesn't seem quite possible. I am feeling sorry for you now but shall be quite green with envy come May when you're already done!

So sorry to hear about the little boy from your school. Just awful.

Prayers for successful surgery today and to anyone else who needs some pixie dust!

Wow!!! The cottage is amazing. What a beautiful set-up! Do you know how many cottages there are on the property? I love it. I could see myself quite happy in there! ::yes::

Enjoy Red Robin this weekend. YUM.

So I am now ruined to stay in any place smaller. I think we need more points!

:faint:

MeMom,
Thoughts and prayers with Abram's family- such a tragedy.

Cara- Hope surgery is going/went well and you are quick on the road to recovery.

Prayers for that little boys family. Anita congratulations on your weight loss. We are thinking we will rent points next year and stay at Vero or Hilton Head, dh wants a beach vacation.

In about 20 minutes, the quiet halls outside my door will fill with the pitter patter of little (and big) feet. Some students will still be half asleep, having been used to sleep late summer days. Some will have tears. Some will be excited to see friends again. As teachers at this particular school, we have a mission that extends beyond the educational aspects, as many, many of our kids come from homes that are less than what you and I are blessed to have. We have some good parents, no doubt. We also have parents who should not be parenting in their present conditions. We have parents who pick up their kids smelling like alcohol or marijuana, or they are clearly impatient or agitated and cursing the child into the car. Some of those cars are barely running. Some of our kids have lived in their cars. Some live with grandparents who are doing their best to help out. We have a mixed bag of circumstances, much of which is not desirable. Our building is clean and safe. We have plenty of food here. We have teachers who speak and dress and act as good examples. This is a good place for our kids to be. I pray that we will have a safe, happy, healthy new school year for all as we begin this new adventure today.

I think this beginning is especially heavy on my heart, as one of our students was killed in a car accident about two weeks ago. Yesterday was his 7th birthday. His parents and little brother came to school yesterday for a celebration of his life and a balloon release. The mother is still in a wheelchair and has to undergo at least two more surgeries. She cried the entire time. Most of us did, too. I think we will all cherish our students just a little extra this morning as they arrive. Their little buddy, Abram, has gone on to play in a better world. We, as teachers, will do our best to make days good and happy for those still playing on playgrounds here. For those of you who are willing, your prayers are appreciated for this family, in particular, and for our school year here.

Also, our favorite Distown doctor is having some surgery Friday. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers, as well. Cara, we've got you surrounded in Distown love! :love:
So sorry to hear about the student who was killed in the car accident! Anytime there is a tragedy like that it is difficult, but one so young makes it even worse! :sad1: Prayers for this family, and all of the students and teachers impacted by this horrible tragedy! :grouphug:

I can certainly relate to your description of the families that have students at your school. Unfortunately that is a common situation in this area also!

Hope everything went well for Cara today!

Your room at Vero Beach! I love the layout and how everything looks! :goodvibes

Isn't this table great?

Oh yes, I love tables like that! :thumbsup2

They had a bag of goodies from the cruise that the girls enjoyed going through.

That all came in a bag??? That reminds me of one of those movie tricks where the person keeps reaching in, and finding more and bigger and better things to pull out............... :faint:

This was on the table.

This was the chair cushion material. So cool!

Yes, very cool! ::yes::

I think I've been to Perkins as a child but I can't remember exactly.

That cottage is beautiful!!!

I just wanted to let you know, I got a job :cool1: not at Disney yet but a job nonetheless. :thumbsup2

I'd like to thank everyone that has commented on my weight loss. It's been a real lifestyle change that started last November. Since then, I've shed 64 lbs.
Here's to keeping the changes permanent and keeping the weight off. I'd love to lose another 10 - 15 lbs but we'll see how that goes...

What we brought for the girls was the loot from our Fish Extender on the cruise that we had just been on. We had sailed on the Fantasy, 7 night Eastern. So much fun and, yup, tons of stuff for the girls to go through.

I hope this post shows the time. You are probably getting up for the day and I am just now going to bed.

Cheena, congratulations on getting that job! I hope we get to see you next time we are in town since you are now among the gainfully employed! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter