haircut at Disney

dawnedwards

Mouseketeer
I know that their is a a place in the Magic Kingdom where they do simple hair cuts (may only be for men.)

We are thinking of taking our 6 month old there for his first hair cut. Yes he needs a haircut at 6 months (see my aviatar)

Does anyone know what this costs?

Also in my passporter book I saw a child wearing Mickey Ears taht said "My first haircut" Can you buy these or do they give them out randomly.

The cost is either $14 or $16-not too terribly much for Disney in my opinion. We are planning on getting our son's first haircut-he's almost 21 months and doesn't even REALLY need it, but could use a trim around the edges. As far as I know, they GIVE you the 1st haircut mouse ears. It's called Harmony Barber Shop, I believe it's on Main St. and they DO NOT take appts-walk in's only. So I'm hoping it's not too crowded! There are great pix on allearsnet.com of 1st haircuts, pixie dust and the gel they put in older kids hair. ADORABLE!!! 27 days and counting...:banana:

The cost for a child's haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop is $13.00 (plus tip). If it is a child's first haircut they will give the infant an Ears hat embroided "My First Haircut" as well as a certificate suitable for framing and will also save some of the hair as a souvenier for the family.

thanks guys. I still can't believe that he already needs a haircut. The picture on my aviatar is from when he was 4 months old.

15 days to go

The barber shop is very close to the main gate of the Magic Kingdom, and it is first come- first served. As you go under the train tracks, stay to the left, and go past Guest Services. The Barber shop is straight ahead, before you go down Main Street.

We did this with DD when she was 3 y.o. (yes - YEARS, what can I say, she just had a "light dusting" until she was about 2 and a half! :laughing: )

I didn't tell the hairdresser that this was DD's first cut, she just magically knew. ;) She loved it and talked about it for months afterwards! :goodvibes

My tip would be to go there as early in the day as you can to save waiting around. ;)

Im assuming this is at only WDW cause I have never heard of this! Interesting to find out though =]

its not just for kids.......and you dont even need HAIR !!!!!!

Florida07192.jpg

It is on the left hand side of mainstreet at the beginning - a little bit hidden IMO. My advice is to go early! My fiance & I were going to go just get "pixie dusted" in the chair for a cute picture. We went around 5:00 PM and they were closed for the day.

Here's a couple of my little guy getting his FIRST haircut...he was around 13 months old at the time.

Misc6-9-06161.jpg

Misc6-9-06159.jpg

He only cried a little bit...

Andre
pirate:

My son and I have gotten hair cuts there several times. I think the longest we ever waited was about 20 min. one time in June we walked in and sat down. It is neet to watch the others get cuts and have a chat with the barbars. They really like to play with the pre teens and teenagers.

have a great time

Your little guy is a cutie!

What everyone else said is right, but I also should add to bring cash. Room keys won't work. And if there is a line, you're pretty much just going to be standing around--no beeper saucers or anything fancy!

It's really inexpensive and makes for a nice memory. The certificate is nice and the ears are mighty cool.

These are the ears.

disney2006-2-147-2.jpg

This is a MUST DO!!!! :thumbsup2 We did this when we were there in 2004 with my 2 DS's. We went there first after going through the gate. We did have to wait for a little bit (not quite sure - maybe 30 mins), but my husband went around the corner to the Main St Bakery & bought a couple of those yummy, very large cinnamon rolls for us to share while we were waiting. It was a lot of fun to watch the people in front of us.

It truly was one our favorite memories. The kids got so much attention that day! There is one problem though. . . the boys did not want to wash it out that night! We will definately go again this fall & my husband is even talking about doing it. Infact - I have short, spikey hair & was considering it too! :scared1:

My son had his first hair cut this past december at the mk barbershop. It was a great experience once we got closer in line. We all received pixie dust and my son received mickey mouse ears engraved "First Haircut", a certificate, pixie dust with his hairclippings in an envelope and a bunch of stickers. We took many pictures and movies:thumbsup2

I am very glad we did it but we did wait 2 hours in Dec. (2nd wk) which I was very surpised. :confused3

I know that their is a a place in the Magic Kingdom where they do simple hair cuts (may only be for men.)

We are thinking of taking our 6 month old there for his first hair cut. Yes he needs a haircut at 6 months (see my aviatar)

Does anyone know what this costs?

Also in my passporter book I saw a child wearing Mickey Ears taht said "My first haircut" Can you buy these or do they give them out randomly.

We took our son there for his first haircut and he had a great time! They give you ears with "my first haircut" on them and a nice certificate along with a lot of special attention. It is a wonderful memory.

Penny (the woman in the previous photos) is just amazing. She has so many tricks up her sleve and is just wonderful with the little ones. We just returned from another trip and had our son's hair cut done by her again. The cost was $14 plus tip and was worth every penny.

She was so good that I actually found her manager and told him what a great experience it was.

Hope you enjoy your experience.

Penny cut my daugher's hair as well last year and she was excellent! She loaded her shirt with stickers and gave her bubbles. After - my daugher sat still to get her hair in a pony!

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

Michael is the man i see him every 2 weeks for a cut and he always dose something wacky to my hair with pixie dust and har color haha. It always makes for a interesting night at the comedy warehouse getting picked on cause ur hair is green haha definitely a conversation piece :lmao: . I love it! Its always worth the wait.

I know the pics a little blurry but Michale drew a kermit the last time in the back of my bros head since hes a huge kermit fan it was great and he turned his hair green.
2394584893_f83fca11f3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter