Hair & Makeup for your Princess??

PrincessGrandma

Mouseketeer
I know we could go to BBB but choose not to stretch our budget quite that much. We bought a Snow White gown with all accessories from the Disney Store but want to fix her hair, makeup, & nails special. I figure instead of spending $50+ at BBB, we can do it for less. What do you do for your little princesses? I considered a small hairpiece atop the head, maybe a glittery-type makeup..... (She's 6 so want mind a little "over the top"!":rotfl2:

I personally would do hair, nails and just glitter makeup on the cheeks. The idea of eye shadow and lipstick would make me cringe on a little girl but that's my opinion and that is the way I would go for my own daughter. If it's done in a fantasy sparkly face painting way then I don't mind. But it's whatever you are comfortable with.

We just got back and I did my daughter's hair and makeup in the room too. She is just three, so last year she was too young for BBB and this year, we just couldn't fit in a visit there before either Akershush or CRT. I went to Claire's here at home and bought glitter powder, glitter spray for her hair, nail polish and flavored lip gloss. I also bought "body stickers" they were little rhinestone press on hearts and stars which I put three by each cheekbone, brushed some glitter powder on her face and arms, put on her gloss and once I fixed her hair in a bun with a hair piece and crown, I sprayed her with hair glitter. She looked adorable!:goodvibes
I spent probably $25 but I took it all home too, and we'll use it again on halloween when she is snow white! Have fun!

Claires.. that what I really wanted to know but realized I did a lousey job wording my thread. I'm somewhat out of touch with where you buy that type of stuff for little girls. I'll visit "Mall of Louisiana" today because they have a Claires. I love the idea of the little stick on stars & such!:goodvibes

We just got back (we went end of aug) this year and last year and b/c it was so hot, I just brought a tiny pair of shorts and tank top for my dd3 to change into when/if she wanted. She really had to change right after bfast at CRT, but stayed in her snow white costume for a while after akershush b/c it was evening and much cooler, but I would bring something to change into. HTH!

Why don't you go to the barber shop on main street in MK? They do cute up-do's with glitter and colored hair gel for about $5 (I think its around $5).

As for the make up just glittery typre stuff should look great, and make your little princess feel all grown up, and just like snow white.

HTH

I had MIL make her a Cinderella Dress and I got a real Tiara, not plastic but metal, it isn't too high or anything, I was looking for white gloves but thought it might get too hot. I will wear white socks with lace and white shoes...I think... those plastic shoes aren't comfy at all. KWIM :)

We only have 2 dinners that she will wear her 'special Cinderella dress'
The first on the day we arrive at the Storybook Princess Dinner and the other the last night we are there at Park Place/Grande Floridian w/Cinderella and Friends, Mary Poppin's etc... so I will bring the dress and such... and put it over a light colored outfit or whatnot, haven't planned that far. But we have special light blue nail polish, it actually has Cinderella on it and some sparkly lip gloss. She has very very long hair down to her waist and will be 5 in December... so I plan to do her hair and curl it etc...spray the heck out of it so it will hold all day.. well more than likely we will go back to the room and freshen up so we aren't all hot and sticky. :)

I will have to get some of the spray body glitter, that will add a special touch.
She isn't permitted to wear makeup except for her dance recital BUT... this will be a special occasion and she may get a light touch of a light colored lip color and some gloss to make it sparkle. Maybe just maybe a soft touch of color on her cheeks.

I am all about keeping little girls little and some things are just about when you get older at our house.

I am also a VERY FIRM BELIEVER "THAT YOU MUST DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY"

Whatever that may be.

I second the MK barbershop idea. That is what I'm doing for my girls in December. I just hope that with the opening of BBB in MK that they don't discontinue the hair gel and glitter at the barbershop.

I brought a bottle of hairspray and some bobbi pins from home, then I slipped into the princess section by BBB at Downtown Disney and purchased 2 little "bun" crowns (the same ones they use for the princess bun at BBB), a package of face jewels and a bottle of princess glittery nail polish. I think the crowns were around $10 each and the jewels and nail polish were around $4.00 a piece. I just did my girls hair up in the hotel and put jewels on their face (my 3 year old hated the jewels and wanted them off!) before we headed out to MK for the night.

My 5 year old was THRILLED with the transformation and loved her bun b/c she had seen so many little girls with the same hairstyle earlier in the week - she also loved the jewels. We actually forgot to do the nails, but nobody seemed to mind. Honestly, she was so excited about the bun and the jewels that she never even mentioned makeup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter