• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hair Braids at POFQ or POR

tng123

Mouseketeer
Our daughter would like to have braids done during our Oct trip. We are staying at POFQ and I read that hair braiding is available seasonally there. Does anyone know what months it is offered? If we need to go to POR that is fine, but wanted to check to make sure that it is offered there daily (not sure which day we will do it yet).
If anyone has any pics of what it looks like finished, that would be great! :)

There is no hair braiding done as far as I know, but they'd I do hair wrapping. Take a stand of hair and wrap it on colored string. It should be year round. We did it last December.

When we were at POR this past October and there was hair braiding on the dock just outside the restaurant/food court. Not sure how long it's there though.

The only place I've seen actual hair braiding at Disney is Swan-Dolphin pool area during the summer. Otherwise, there is hair wrapping at most Disney resorts just about every day. I don't know the exact schedule. The wrap is strands of hair wrapped with colored thread with beads on the end. When my kids were getting these a few years ago the threads were done in bands of solid color. The color bands did not have designs like some hair wrapping places offer.

I have seen them hair braiding at the Boardwalk when I went in October. It was like $2/inch.

The stand at POR is hair wrapping...they charge by the inch and special beads are extra. Here is a photo of DD getting hers done - you pick 4 colors and some small beads for the bottom. It's been almost 6 weeks and hers still looks great. The pre-made ones in the photo have clips on them, so you can take them out whenever, or for kids with shorter hair.

hairwrap-1.jpg

Thanks for all the info. I think she would like the hair wrapping as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter