• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hair braiding?

M&M mom

Mouseketeer
Could someone tell me where I can get my daughters hair braided while we are at disney world? Also, how much should I expect to pay for half of head done?

Can't say if I remember seeing it done there, but they do it in Universal Studios. If Disney does I would say it is probably Downtown Disney area.

I know with the hair threading they charge by the length. I think the braids are usually by the amount of rows or style. It can get pretty costly.

We were at Disney about a month ago and stayed at Pop Century and they have a hair wrap station right at the pool. I think most resorts have some kind of hair wrap station but maybe someone else can confirm that for you. My daughter had 1 hair wrap strand done with beads on the end (3 letters and spacer beads) and it was $30 including the tip. I don't remember the breakdown of length and bead cost separately. Hope this helps!

theres a hair wrap station at movies too, so i presume its at all values. we didnt get there tho as it was closed every day we returned home. but the hair wrapping is also at ak- rite outside one store where we got it done. they also have one by pirate i believe in mk. there used to be a station outside pizza planet at hs, but i didnt see it this time.

the small wood beads are 50 cents i believe, then the more ornate clay ones are 3-4.00 each. i think it's about 2.50 per inch.

Hello, I think I can help with info on hair braiding. We have done this on 2 visits, once at Ivy Trellis at he Grand Floridian Resort and then recently at Perriwigs which is located at the Beach Club. I always get my girls the 1/2 head of braiding which is $55 (each). It lasts about 7-10 days for us and is well worth the time and hassle of "doing" their hair everyday.

Here is what the looked like right before their appointment:
DisneyAug2009071.jpg

The location => Periwigs at the Beach Clug
DisneyAug2009073.jpg

In Process!
DisneyAug2009076.jpg

DisneyAug2009077.jpg
DisneyAug2009078.jpg

The AFTER....they can either do braided rows going Straight Back (we did this last year) or On the Diagonal (what we got this time and liked much better!)
DisneyAug2009080.jpg

DisneyAug2009136.jpg

I hope that was helpful. It can be a little painful but the tightness works itself out after about a day.

Half o' head = lots o' money!

I think it is $75 for half the head at Disney's Vero Beach Resort

I think this is the cutest thing! I have 2 boys, don't think I'll be able to talk them into having it done.:rotfl: Wonder how a 37 year old woman would look? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter