Had to visit the Fort

drdisneygirl

Earning My Ears
So, the hubby and I went on our first "No Kids" trip to Disney from November 5-10. Our kids are both in college, so it was our first adventure as empty nesters. We stayed at POFQ because we were planning a shorter trip and it just seemed easier to fly than to lose a day down and a day back driving. We loved POFQ, but we REALLY missed the Fort! On our MK day, we took the boat over to FW and spent some time wandering around, visiting, and just taking in the feeling at the Fort. We have a trip planned for next Christmas/New Years and I can't wait to get back to the Fort!

The place is like that. Get's into you blood and it's hard to do anything else. We did the same thing a couple of years ago. Stayed on the beach in St. Pete and drove over to WDW for the day. Went to DTD for a little shopping and took the bus to the Fort so we could walk around and take in everything for our Fort fix.

j

Our kids are both in college, so it was our first adventure as empty nesters.

You're living my dream, drdisneygirl. Me and DW will be empty nesters VERY soon. We haven't stayed anywhere else but the Fort in the last 20 years but do you walk around the Fort or Disney saying, "remember when DS did so-and-so here" or "remember when DD did this-and-such here"? Not in a sad way, I mean, but in a funny laughing pleasant memory way?

That time will be here before I know it...

Bama Ed

Yes, actually we did just that! Both of our kids were angry with us because "How dare we go to Disney without them".... we tortured them by sending pictures of food, including all of their favorites. Enjoy your kids while you have them at home- time goes so fast! Although we had a great time at Disney doing adult stuff, we managed to Face Time the kids every day because we missed them a lot!

it was our first adventure as empty nesters . . . can't wait to get back to the Fort

1) We have been Empty Nesters for a while.
2) WE LOVE IT, and have no sense of loss or longing.
3) In fact, we converted the bedrooms of both girls into a computer room and a sewing room.
4) THEY CAN'T MOVE BACK IN. **
5) The Fort was terrific fun with the kids and is fun with the grandkids.
6) But, we enjoy it so much with just the two of us.
7) Maybe, just maybe, better than with the kids.

** Both live in different rentals of ours, but they pay rent . . . and on time.

but beware.... some seem to hang around home longer than others. :confused3

but beware.... some seem to hang around home longer than others. :confused3

1) Not our kids.
2) For one high school graduation, we gave the daughter a Caribbean cruise (with boyfriend), and moved while they were at sea.
3) We didn't leave a forwarding address.
4) For the other daughter, we sent her to college, and made her bedroom into a foosball game room and den.

I threaten our kids with "Luggage" for their Graduation gifts.

My eldest DD graduated High School last year and is in a local college now. So as long as she continues to work towards that goal of graduating, we have agreed to do what we can to help (no rent, still have Cell phone on family plan, etc...) but there are still obligations she has (chores, school work, etc..) Once she decides she doesn't want to finish or doesn't want to do her part, the rules will change again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter