• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Had to book thru expedia...

jude&jonah

Mouseketeer
I had to book thru expedia for my one night stay at the Poly coming up due to the fact that the rooms were all sold out when I called to book my reservation- literally 4 hours after they were available online! Just my luck! :rotfl:

It was book Poly on expedia or book somewhere else, and I really needed Poly for sentimental reasons. Two questions:

1. Will they still transfer my bags from CBR to Poly for our split stay? I'm guessing not right- now that my second reservation is not booked thru Disney?

2. Can I still make a building request?

Thank you!!! :)

We booked our trip through usair vacations. We have never done this before. When i logged on to the wdw website and signed in, i entered our reservation number and was able to make room requests, such as building and bed type. Hope that helps!

Also, as an FYI, it took about 3 days after booking, before i could get it to take my ressie number...

I had to book thru expedia for my one night stay at the Poly coming up due to the fact that the rooms were all sold out when I called to book my reservation- literally 4 hours after they were available online! Just my luck! :rotfl:

It was book Poly on expedia or book somewhere else, and I really needed Poly for sentimental reasons. Two questions:

1. Will they still transfer my bags from CBR to Poly for our split stay? I'm guessing not right- now that my second reservation is not booked thru Disney?

2. Can I still make a building request?

Thank you!!! :)

I have booked through Expedia a few times.

When you are on property you are treated the same as any other WDW guest. So yes, they will still transfer your bags for the split stay.

As far as the building request goes, if you did not make a request when you made the reservation (there was a place to type in any requests you might have - I think it's on the second page as you're booking) then I would probably wait and check in at the front desk and discuss room options with the CM.

It does take about 3-4 days for the Disney confirmation number to be loaded into the Expedia Itinerary. I don't recall getting an email or anything - I just kept checking the itinerary until I saw it show up. You may need to have the Disney website "search" for your reservation once you get the Disney confirmation to have it appear on the website, since they don't automatically appear like the ones booked through Disney do.

I've never had a bad experience with an Expedia booking. Just make sure you have a copy of the itinerary with you that includes the Disney confirmation number (just like you would take a printout of your Disney confirmation email) and you'll be all set!

Thank you so much for all of the detailed information fla4fun!!! Awesome advice and helps a lot- thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter